It seems that our previous leak has come true, with Fortnite officially announcing the release of a brand new mode for Fortnite – the Tournaments feature.
There will be a new “Events” section to the game, which you will find the available tournaments.
“In-Game Tournaments are open to everyone and provide an opportunity for every player to compete directly alongside the pros for prizes and glory. Note that all players must opt-in for crossplay to participate in competitive events.”
Here is a huge announcement, the fact that everyone will be pitted against one another regardless of input device:
“During tournaments, players from all platforms will compete against one another as equals, regardless of if they are on a Mouse, Controller, or Touch input device. Every player will participate in the same competitions from start to finish, with equal opportunity to rise above the competition.”
Here are the upcoming competitions:
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you’re the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
- Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.
We recently talked about a shiny pin, and what it might be. Fortnite haven’t exactly mentioned what it’ll actually be, but instead what it will do.
“Tournaments will feature a target score to strive towards – reaching this score will award you with a shiny pin celebrating your accomplishment. In the future, earning a pin may advance you to the next round of a tournament or qualify you to win prizes.”