We are nearing the end of the fifth month of 2019 so now is a good time to look back on the best parts of the past year.
Fortnite changes quicker than just about any game in the world. Not all of those changes are positive of course, but the negative changes receive a lot more press than the positive ones do.
This article will look at the five best weapons, mechanics, items and locations added to Fortnite since the New Year began.
Some of the best decisions Epic made was removing things, but those decisions will not be considered for this list. Also, even if the addition has already been vaulted, it will still be considered for this list as long as it was first added on or after January 1st, 2019.
Turning back the clock to Season 7
The new year began about a third of the way through Season 7. The Infinity Blade had already been added and removed before Christmas, and planes had only been nerfed once at that point.
Few changes happened in the weeks leading up the new year as Epic employees took a much-deserved two week break for the holidays.
The last weapon added to the game before 2019 was the Boom Box which came through on December 30th.
Our first added weapon of 2019 was Suppressed Sniper Rifle on January 8th which was followed by the Scoped Revolver on January 15th.
Neither of those two weapons made this list, or even the honorable mentions, but that is where the year started, let’s look at the best things Epic added around that time:
This section is reserved for the smaller things that were cool additions but just didn’t move the needle enough to reach the top spots on the list.
Season 7 Honorable mentions:
- Stone Lady Statue. This addition paved the way for the best love story in Fortnite to play out over the months (Added January 15th)
- Marshmello concert. This wasn’t really an addition but was just so cool it had to be recognized (February 2nd)
- Gliders. A fun way to move around the map and was a good way to add mobility. (Added January 15th)
- Sneaky Snowman. It was about time the bush got a makeover. (Added January 22nd)
Season 8 honorable mentions:
- Buried Treasure. Being able to hunt like a pirate was a fun way to add in another source of loot. (Added February 28th)
- The Baller. It’s not quite made it onto the list due to the problems it posed for competitive play, but it is still fun to use. (Added March 12th)
- Flint-Knock Pistol. A really creative gun that could be used to prevent fall damage. (Added March 20th)
- Boom Bow. It came down to this and the Infantry Rifle for the final spot. Boom Bow lost because it is less skill intensive. (Added April 2nd)
- Shadow Bomb. A really fun item to use that adds some interesting strategies, one of the final cuts from the list. (Added May 1st)
Season 9 honorable mentions:
- Neo Tilted Towers, Mega Mall, Pressure Plant. All of these new POIs came with the start of the new season. While each is cool, they are arguably worse than the locations before them. (Added May 9th)
- Combat Shotgun. The addition of the Combat Shotgun came with the removal of the Pump. At least it’s something. (Added May 9th)
- Stone Farm. The stone statues of the man and woman are together on a farm with a baby. A beautiful end to the story. (Added May 22nd)
- Slipstreams. Another tough cut at the end. Slipstreams are a smart way to do mobility that fits the theme for Season 9. (Added May 9th)
The top 5 additions to Fortnite in 2019
#5. Infantry Rifle – Added February 14th
The Infantry Rifle was a great example of a balanced weapon. Very powerful if used correctly, especially after Epic introduced higher rarity versions around the beginning of Season 8.
The Infantry Rifle basically provides a sniper feel on a mid-range weapon. Snipers are so often rendered obsolete during game situations and the Infantry Rifle brought the sweet feeling of hitting a head shot into a more common place in Fortnite.
#4. Volcano – Added February 28th
The only POI on this list, the Volcano was a great addition to the game. It added a nice balance to the snow biome on the other corner of the map and the surrounding jungle made for a fun location.
It played an important part in the storyline almost immediately and exploded as the Nexus event took off at the end of the season.
It also helped Epic finalize the floating mechanic used by Slipstreams in Season 9 with the vent of the volcanos acting in a similar manner to the vents placed around the map after the eruption.
#3. Cannons – Added February 28th
The beginning of Season 8 was likely the best day of the entire year for Fortnite. Not only were the planes vaulted, but we received a bunch of new mechanics and items.
Cannons were one of the best. Even though they are still buggy at times, shooting yourself out of a cannon is still a blast. You can use them as a duo or solo to get mobility and just hurl yourself through the air.
The mark of a great addition: Adds fun to the game but isn’t frustrating to use or to have used against you.
#2. Driftboards – Added February 19th
The single best vehicle Epic has ever added to the game. Driftboards are amazing. I think the best mark of how cool they are is that we had to wait over two months from their first announcement to when they became a part of the game and they still lived up to the hype.
Marty McFly meets SSX Tricky. That’s the intersection I want my games to be at. You can hit absurd trick shots, flip through the air like a mad man or just use them to rotate.
Whatever you choose to do with a Driftboard, you will probably have fun doing it.
#1. Reboot Vans – Added April 10th
You can thank Apex Legends for this one. The Reboot Van was announced at the height of Apex Legends popularity. Even though it took a while to actually get added, having the respawn mechanic in Fortnite has been crucial.
It is tough to summarize all the good things being able to respawn does for the game. It adds a lot of strategy in whether or not to thirst opponents or leave the last member of a squad.
It also keeps friends engaged in the game until it is over. No more having a friend die early in Tilted and ask you to just quit the game so they can play again.
There are next to no negatives by adding these in, and Fortnite is a better game when people are able to be respawned.
Do you agree with my list? What would you change?
Fortnite v15.20 patch notes: Hop Rock Dualies, New & Unvaulted weapons
Epic Games have rolled out Fortnite patch v15.20, with a whole host of changes.
Epic Games have rolled out Fortnite patch v15.20, with a whole host of changes. While official patch notes are hard to come by these days, we’ve rounded up all of the new content.
The last few weeks in Fortnite have went by without many big tweaks to the gameplay experience, and certainly a lack of new skins and cosmetics compared to times gone by.
However, a whole host of new outfits have been leaked and that’s just the tip of the iceberg for this weekly update. A new Predator crossover has also been uncovered by dataminers, meaning Predator could soon arrive in-game – with a new ship, banner, and spray leaked.
Those are, of course, unconfirmed changes though, so let’s take a look at everything we’re certain of.
Fortnite v15.20 patch notes
Hop Rock Dualies
A new set of dual pistols have arrived in Fortnite, as seen below in a tweet from VastBlast.
New & Unvaulted weapons/items
There’s four new weapons and items coming into the loot pool (well, unvaulted as well) – seen below. This was also confirmed by VastBlast.
- Legendary Tactical Assault Rifle
- Rare Tactical Assault Rifle (All Rarities)
- Lever Action Shotgun
- Uncommon Snowy Flopper
At first, the leaker thought this Sawed Shotgun was going to be headed solely for Save the World, but it’s since been confirmed to be part of the update.
Some adjustments have been made to the Pre-Edits Option. Now, with ‘Disable Pre-Edits On,’ all player-built structures can’t be edited until they’re placed.
Fortnite v15.20 bug fixes and changes
According to the official Fortnite Trello board, here’s all of the bug fixes and changes to be implemented in the latest patch.
- Sound effect audio delay.
- Flip Rest Lobby Track inadvertently removed from players’ Lockers.
- Multipoint Edge Glider deforming midair.
- Michonne Outfit visual issues with cape Back Blings.
- Game freezing when going to the Complete tab on PlayStation and Xbox.
- Sand Tunnelling temporarily disabled.
- Total Bars appearing as “0” in a match.
- Hypernova Outfit appearing as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in-match.
- Rebooted players may see an already completed Bounty.
Save the World
- Quest progress not instantly updating in the HUD and Quest Log.
- Broken Pickaxe animations.
Mobile Top Issues
- Voice chat issues on Android.
- The player loses all movement after jumping through Zero Point.
Fortnite x Predator crossover leaked: First look at ship, spray & banner
Fortnite has been adding a number of hunters since The Mandalorian first landed on the island, and it looks like Predator might be next – if leaks are accurate.
The game has seen some insane crossovers in the last year or two, including those from the DC Comics, Marvel and Star Wars universes.
Well, next on that list might be one of the deadliest extraterrestrial attackers.
On January 13, following the v15.20 update, dataminer Lucas7Yoshi revealed a new ‘Nightmare Ship’ leak for Fortnite.
- Read More: Fortnite v15.20 leaked skins & cosmetics
As you can see, this is the ship of Predator, from the movie series that started in 1987.
Fortnite Predator ship, spray & banner leaked
Not only that, but VastBlast has doubled down on that with a new spray leak, which clearly shows Predator is on the way in some shape or form.
Based on the arrival of Mando in his Star Wars ship, we can likely expect to see Predator join the action soon as a boss on the map – just like other NPCs that have been added during the season.
Once we have more information, we’ll be sure to keep you updated.
Fortnite v15.20 leaked skins & cosmetics: Ruby Shadows, Orin, Bundles
Epic Games are adding a whole new set of Fortnite skins and cosmetics to the game with the v15.20 update.
A number of brand new Fortnite skins and cosmetics have leaked following the v15.20 update in Epic Games’ battle royale title.
The game has undergone some huge changes during the course of Season 5, with The Mandalorian crossover seeing more outfits from the world of Star Wars arrive in the Fortnite Item Shop and Battle Pass rewards.
Now, however, even more are set to be added to the game after the January 13 content refresh.
The weekly update has shaken things up once again, so let’s take a look at all of the exciting skins and cosmetics to have leaked so far.
Fortnite v15.20 leaked skins
Confirmed by leaker Lucas7Yoshi, there’s three skins included in the patch. When they will be released, however, is unconfirmed at the time of writing.
Fortnite v15.20 leaked cosmetics
Aside from those three skins – named Ruby Shadows, Orin, and Tess – a plethora of cosmetics we’ve never seen before have been leaked as well.
Lucas7Yoshi revealed the following graphic just moments after the patch went live…
The dataminer also revealed, as seen in the tweet below, that two other gliders are heading into the game as well.
Two Bundles leaked
Last, but certainly not least, two skin bundles have also been uncovered by the dataminer – seen below.
These will be called the Tess bundle and MACHINIST MINA pack.
- Read More: Fortnite v15.20: Early patch notes
So, which skin will you be grabbing from this new set – or even cosmetic? Let us know!
If more are released by other leakers, we’ll be the first to let you know.
How to earn the free Fortnite Crew emote in Season 5
Epic Games are offering players who sign up for the Fortnite Crew membership a free, exclusive emote for a limited...
All XP Coin locations for Fortnite Season 5 Week 7
XP Coins have finally returned to Fortnite Season 5. Here's where you can find all of them as of Season...
Fortnite Season 5 Week 7 challenge guide
The Fortnite Season 5 Week 7 challenges are here. Take a look at how to complete all of them in...