Epic Games has announced that the next patch update for Fortnite, version 2.2.0, will release on January 18. This new update includes big map updates with new new city, underground mine and a number of other brand new locations on the west side of the map.
Here’s the new map update trailer:
In addition, Epic has announced a Battle Pass bonus for users who buy the Season 3 Battle Pass:
- Get a free 5 tier head start in Season 3 when you purchase the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- Buy ten Battle Pass tiers for the price of six with this special bundle in the store. On sale now for a limited time!
Update 2.2.0 Patch Notes – Battle Royale:
- Removed the Scoped AR from Supply Drops.
- Updated the scope for the Scoped AR.
- Replaced the old arrow reticle with a more modern design. It should be easier to tell where you are aiming and where your crosshair actually is.
- The Snowball Launcher has been replaced by the normal Grenade Launcher.
- Slightly increased the size of the grenade (loot).
- Fixed frag and smoke grenades exploding on impact when hitting shallow water.
- Fixed an issue where the grenade toss animation ended prematurely when tossing the last grenade in a stack.
- The Boogie Bomb effect will now kick players out of weapon targeting.
- Players can no longer place traps while affected by the Boogie Bomb.
- Explosion effects now play properly on water surfaces.
- Friendly Fire is now disabled. This is exploratory and subject to change. We will be closely evaluating this and want your feedback!
- Players will now immediately aim their weapon upon landing on the ground if they press and hold the aim button while in the air.
- Pickups no longer take priority over reviving DBNO squad members.
- Empty chests and metal street lights will no longer block players from building.
- Corn stalks are now destroyed upon taking any damage.
- Adjusted how ammo crates drop ammo so that they don’t overlap the ammo box itself.
- Attempting to use a scope while playing an emote will now cancel the animation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up eliminated player’s items.
- Fixed a few issues which caused supply drops to pass through player built structures.
- Fixed an issue which caused a trap to deal no damage if a ramp or roof is placed in front of the trap.
- Build mode visuals no longer persist when using a Launch Pad or when knocked into the DBNO state.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to see through the smoke grenade effect while scoped.
- You can now move forward and backward while gliding when facing straight up and down.
- The Cozy Campfire trap no longer heals eliminated players.
- Fixed an issue which caused the glider to sometimes deploy sideways after using a launchpad.
- The map has been updated with many new points of interest, biomes, and more!
- Players now interact with grass and foliage as they walk through it.
- Added water effects when entering and exiting water.
- Added a new post-process effect for when your camera goes below the water surface.
- It will now look like you are actually underwater, and you can no longer see for an infinite distance.
- Added Ammo Boxes to Dusty Depot.
- Increased the amount of metal harvested from shipping containers.
- Water no longer blocks bullets and projectiles.
- Starting on January 17th, 2018 players should see six daily store slots instead of four.
- Starting on January 21st, 2018 the Weekly Item shop is changing to the Featured Item Shop.
- Offers will update twice weekly instead of once.
- Sniper elimination feed messages now include elimination distance in meters.
- When spectating a far away player, a “loading” message may be displayed for a short time, and the game world will appear after loading completes. You cannot switch to another spectated player until the load completes.
- The “Reset Building Choice” option now defaults to “Off” in Battle Royale.
- Added a new option to select which voice chat input device to use.
- The “Select Mode” button is now greyed out and unselectable after readying up.
- When selecting “Report Player” the “Name” field will no longer auto-fill the the player’s own name.
- Adjusted the “Cancel/Unready” button so it looks more like the “Ready” button.
- The “Press E to Pickup” prompt no longer persists for DBNO players.
- Fixed an issue that made the voice chat icon appear to be active if the player disabled their voice chat while it was active.
- Fixed an issue which caused the revive icon to remain over a player if two players revived them at the same time.
- Players will now be able to unready if the party leader cancels matchmaking while in the “Loading Content” phase.
- The matchmaking UI will now properly update when joining a different Battle Royale lobby while the user is set to Ready.
- Fixed local user always showing up in the global leaderboard with 0 wins if they aren’t in the global top 50 list.
- Added level streaming, which loads the world on-the-fly as you move around, enabling a richer map and improved performance.
- Improved frame rate by greatly reducing the number of objects that need to be updated.
- Loading times have been greatly improved. It’s over twice as fast to load into the match on PS4 and Xbox One!
- Loading content before matchmaking now completes quicker.
- Greatly reduced hitching when garbage collecting memory every minute.
- Greatly reduced hitching caused by updating objects when the time of day changes from day to night, and vice-versa.
- Reduced the amount of system and GPU memory used.
- Optimized the visual effects played when distant buildings are hit.
- Improved overall frame rate by optimizing how player animation and footsteps are handled.
- Cozy Campfire and Boogie Bomb items no longer cause a hitch when seen the first time in a match.
- Encountering players with specific skins for the first time in a match no longer causes a hitch.
- Greatly improved the visual quality of distant trees by using impostor billboards instead of regular meshes. This also improves overall frame rate and reduces visual popping as you approach the trees.
- Fixed an issue that could cause remote players to look like they have stopped animating.
- Improved the “Ride the Pony” animation so the character’s arm no longer pops.
- Players will no longer appear as if they are still holding a weapon after being hit by a Boogie Bomb.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the character’s launch animation from playing if a Launch Pad is placed directly at a player’s feet.
- Adjusted the color of the Shield Potion so that’s easier to see.
- Fixed an issue that caused teammates to appear stuck in the sliding animation if they were knocked DBNO while in the air or sliding.
- Cozy Campfire special effects are now visible on low and medium settings.
- Added new audio for pickaxes that were previously using default swing sounds.
- Added a pick-up sound effect for the damage trap.
- Fixed an issue which caused footstep sounds to play at an incorrect cadence or not at all while a player is not on screen.
- Consumable item audio is now adjusted with the SFX volume slider rather than the Dialogue slider.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to hear bullet “whiz-by” sounds from their own shots.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a falling wind sound to loop repeatedly after being eliminated.
- Gunfire audio will no longer pan to the left & right as you move away from where you shot.
- Reduced volume of consumable pick-up sounds.
- Reduced volume of collection sound when harvesting wood.
- Fixed issues with rapid left/right panning when dropping weapons, and attempting to build in an invalid location.
- Removed the jarring stone impact sound from the AC/DC pickaxe.
- Voice chat now supported in the pre-game lobby.
Cosmetic items can now be rotated in the locker and store pages. Left click and drag or use the right thumbstick on the controller to rotate them.
- Removed the winter theme from the pre-game lobby.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to get credit for completing challenges that were not completed.Fixed an issue which allowed aim assist to function while using a mouse.
- Friend requests can now be sent to players that have left the match, using the + icon next to their name.
- Clicking “Join” on a Discord invite when the client is not open would will no longer cause you to fail when trying to join a party.
PATCH NOTES – SAVE THE WORLD:
- Shielders will now properly drop quest items for “Loks Book of Monsters” quest.
- Fixed an issue with the Grenade Generation perk. The player is now rewarded with a grenade after eliminating 20 enemies rather than 21.
- Fixed an issue where the pickaxe heavy attack was not harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue where the Shielder enemy would flicker after the Husk it was shielding was defeated.
- Fixed an issue that caused quest highlights on objects to disappear when building near the object.
- Fixed an issue that caused some parties to disband after a game.
- Added clarification to the tooltip of the Constructor ability, “DECOY”.
- It now states it’s made of metal, and thus vulnerable to nature damage.
- Impact from abilities will now properly scale with Hero Ability Damage. As a result abilities will now correctly stagger, stun, and knockback enemies at high levels.
- Fixed an issue where proximity mines wouldn’t disappear when the player who placed them left the match or died.
- Fixed an issue where frag grenades could still be used even when the player didn’t have enough stamina to use it.
- Fixed an issue where the Soldier’s “Advanced Tactics” health bonus wasn’t properly scaling in the late game.
- Fixed an issue where the Frag Grenade perk “Cluster Bomb” was triggering twice rather than just once.
- Fixed the tool-tip for Air Strike which incorrectly stated that Air Strike drops 12 bombs, instead of 13.
- Fixed an issue where the Outlander Fragment abilities TEDDY and Shock Tower weren’t receiving the energy damage bonus from the Energized support perk.
- The Commander XP curve has been inflated to make way for front-end crafting. This is to ensure that low-value items (e.g. ammo) are worth at least 1 Commander XP when crafted in the main menus.
- Commander XP will appear larger than it did previously, but the amount of Commander XP you have earned toward your next level has been preserved, and the time it takes to level up remains unchanged.
- Increased players’ current Daily Bonus XP and current Boost XP reserves to match the new Commander XP scale.
- Squad screens will no longer show health and shield as being buffed at all times. It will instead properly show the buff/debuff arrows on health and shield stats when previewing slotting.
- Fixed a localization issue in the Transform menu.
- Fixed an issue where the game background would move while using a controller to view the mission details.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to lose menu functionality after leaving a party.
- Fixed a Research skill tree node that was missing a prerequisite.
- Now the Research Tier 3 Party Resistance node requires Party Tech and Party Resistance.
- Fixed an issue where recent player lists weren’t populating immediately after a game.
- Corrected flame animation rotation on the Lobber head.
- Searched chests and containers will no longer block players from building.
- Cornstalks are no longer searchable.
- Your game window will now properly appear on the primary monitor.
- Fixed a rare crash on Xbox One.
SOURCE: Epic Games
What are Social Tags in Fortnite Season 3 and how to use them?
Social Tags are finally here in Fortnite and players can connect with random players across the world based on their preferences. Here’s how you can use them.
Fortnite Season 3 has introduced players to several new features, a new UI and a more colorful island to drop in. One of these most awaited and heavily rumored features was Social Tags. Now that it’s finally here, players are loving how it adds their in-game personality to their profile.
Loopers are enjoying every bit about the latest Chapter 3 Season 3. From ballers, exciting new POIs, the brand new Reality Sapling loot system, all the new additions accompany one another in a perfect manner.
However, the user interface options in Fortnite have stayed stagnant for a long period of time and required a major overhaul with the evolution of the gameplay. With the addition of Explore and game playlists options earlier this year, Epic showed its player base about the potential of what Fortnite can be.
In addition to all these features, something felt missing that allowed players to connect with other active players who have similar interests and the way they play Fortnite. Enter Social Tags which were added in the most recent v21.10 update. Here’s what they are and how you can use them.
Use Social Tags to define your choices and find similar players in Fortnite
Social Tags in Fortnite are basically name tags you can add to your Fortnite profile on the sidebar section. These tags signify how you play Fortnite and you can get recommendations on the Explore Menu of similar experiences.
If you enjoy a certain Battle Royale or Creative mode, you can add a tag for it. One player at max, can add 3 tags to their profile. It could be a mix of Creative, Battle Royale which bbasically have gameplay modes and Miscellaneous which has more options like Chill, Quests, Mic On etc.
To apply Social Tags to your profile, do the following steps:
- Click on your profile icon in the left sidebar.
- Select +Add Tag option on your profile.
- Add social tags from the list available there.
- Save and confirm the selected tags. (Max 3)
Once assigned, they will show up on your profile and would tell others how you choose to play Fortnite. Furthermore, you can head to Looking For A Party option on the left sidebar, right above settings to search for random players who play Fortnite the way you do.
It will then show a list of players who are active currently in-game and are in the lobby with how many players. Moreover, you can send them a party invite or a request to join your party. You can also choose to turn off this option.
This feature promotes healthy connectivity between players who play Fortnite in a similar way and helps prevent toxicity between Casuals and Sweats in the game. Additionally, it creates a healthy divide between the two communities if one enjoys grinding Arenas while others purely enjoy Public matches.
Fortnite leaks reveal another Stranger Things collab coming to Season 3
The Upside Down is set to collide with the loop once again as another Stranger Things collaboration is arriving to Fortnite soon. Here are more details about it.
The infamous collaboration between Stranger Things and Fortnite wasn’t as big when it was first introduced in Fortnite back in 2019. Loopers were disappointed by the cosmetics that the collab brought into the game but at present, it remains one of the rarest items in-game.
Fortnite is known for collaborating with popular culture films and TV shows pretty often and brings several characters from their respective franchises to the looped island. In the past, major characters like Star Lord (Marvel), Batman (The Dark Knight), Rick and Morty were added in the game as skins accompanied by their famous props as cosmetic items like Back Blings, Pickaxes and Gliders.
However, when it comes to major TV shows, Stranger Things was a phenomenon back in 2019 when its second season was underway. The show gained hype in its initial days as fans loved the entire 80s vibe of sci-fi and horror as the kids went against the Upside Down and save Hawkins.
The collab soon hit the Fortnite Item Shop but to the surprise of the player base, the only skins they received were an ugly looking Demogorgon and extremely buffed Chief Hopper skins, while they were expecting Eleven and the gang. However, latest leaks might bring good news to those fans and new skins into the game.
Fortnite skins are coming soon in Season 3 ahead of its finale release
According to several leaks that emerged after the recent v21.10 update in Fortnite Season 3, items like “WaffleWarrior” were added to the game files. Now according to theory, in the Stranger Things series, its protagonist Eleven is the only character who is extremely fond of Eggos Waffles.
The tag “WaffleWarrior” hints towards her and it might be the case that ahead of the release of Season 4 finale next week, Eleven could be an in-game skin that could be added to the shop soon. Moreover, it has nearly been 3 years since the skins from the Netflix series were last seen in the Item Shop.
However, fans are already creating crossover concepts of characters from both Fortnite and Stranger Things. Recently a concept artist by the name of Feraalsy created a video of Peely being possessed by Vecna.
The concept video shows Vecna’s skin concept as well as Prisoner Jones present alongside with Peely. Although it is a brilliant concept, the current hype of the series highly suggests a collaboration incoming to Fortnite soon later this season.
Fortnite leak reveals Zero Build Team Rumble coming to game soon
Fortnite is adding more fun to its Zero Build game mode as they plan to expand it to a fully fledged Team Rumble. Here’s the latest on it.
The popularity of a Zero Build Mode in Fortnite has been growing everyday with new players joining the looped island. Moreover, the mode promises a fun and casual side of the game that loopers had never experienced before.
Fortnite is known for introducing exciting new gameplay elements and its wide range of weapons arsenal to its player base. Though OG Sweats still like to stick to their old ways of cranking 90s and build fight their enemies across the loop, casual players are having their amount of fun in Zero Build mode where they purely focus on their combat skills.
Over the course of the past few months, the popularity of Zero Build mode has increased and has become a staple in the entire Battle Royale gaming community. Nobody would have ever imagined Fortnite without building, and here it stands tall with 5 million new active players since the addition of the game mode.
As loopers continue to vibe in Season 3 with all new things including Reality Tree and Ballers, certain leaks revealed that a popular casual game mode is about to be introduced with Zero Build mechanics very soon.
Zero Build to arrive in Team Rumble in Fortnite soon
According to leaks on social media, Epic Games are working on a Zero Build version of Team Rumble as data for Zero Build “Big Battle” LTM was added with the v21.10 update that dropped this Tuesday. Moreover, this mode will be a standalone mode alongside the regular team rumble and will have similar rules to the earlier one.
However, the question that stands in the minds of loopers is that how will players redeploy themselves if they cannot build themselves to a high ground. Team Rumble is all about infinite respawns in a match where two large teams go against one another and redeploy them off a high ground.
Moreover, when players thought Fortnite was a dead game and were done with most of the game mechanics and weapons meta, Zero Build came as a blessing and saw the return of several old players join back the game. Pros like TFUE, Dr. Disrespect and Ninja started streaming the game again and highly praised the Zero Build game mode.
However, the team rumble mode was the only game mode in Fortnite that was untouched by Zero Build as players like to practice their builds and fights in the island in that mode. But that will soon change for Zero Build players as well as they’d be able to test weapons, complete quests and have a casual fun time playing Fortnite on the island.
What are Social Tags in Fortnite Season 3 and how to use them?
Social Tags are finally here in Fortnite and players can connect with random players across the world based on their...
Fortnite leaks reveal another Stranger Things collab coming to Season 3
The Upside Down is set to collide with the loop once again as another Stranger Things collaboration is arriving to...
Fortnite leak reveals Zero Build Team Rumble coming to game soon
Fortnite is adding more fun to its Zero Build game mode as they plan to expand it to a fully...