Epic has released the patch notes for v5.0.0 featuring the Season 5 Battle Pass and much more. Here’s everything you need to know about today’s release:
All Terrain Kart (Battle Royale)
Powerslide into battle with the all-new All Terrain Kart (ATK)! Grab some friends and go for a ride.
Rifts (Battle Royale)
Test your courage and step through a Rift. You’re in for a wild ride.
Weapons + Items
- Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit, visible within the reticle.
- Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent with no random variation.
- Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5.
- Maximum damage for the Heavy Shotgun remains unchanged.
- After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be fired for a very short time.
- Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets.
- Changed the damage drop-off profile for the Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs.
- Fall off starts at 24 meters from 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters from 85% at 47.5 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50+ meters from 75% at 70+ meters.
- All Terrain Kart (ATK)
- The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for your entire squad.
- Get a speed boost after drifting.
- The roof acts as a bounce pad.
- Work together as rear passengers to leap over obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the same time for a higher jump.
- Lean back by holding S on keyboards or holding back on the thumbstick for controllers.
- Map Updated
- New Biome: Desert
- New Location: Paradise Palms
- New Location: Lazy Links
- A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across the island.
- The center of Storm circles 7, 8, and 9 can now shift in random directions (instead of simply shrinking). As the storm closes in, it will move & shrink to the new location.
- Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will no longer be restricted to a single season. You can now complete progressive challenges at your own pace.
- Progressive challenges are now completed by acquiring a fixed amount of XP and is no longer dependant on your season level.
- Gyro/motion controls have been added to the Nintendo Switch. Adjust these options in the Settings menu.
- Weekly challenges are now split into two sections, free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass. The threshold to unlock the weekly challenge reward will remain at 4.
- Down But Not Out players now have smaller collision. Previously their collision was at the standing height which blocked DBNO players from crawling under doors and blocked building collision in some cases.
- Players that were crouching when knocked Down But Not Out will be returned to a crouching state upon revival.
- Emoting will now interrupt sprinting.
- You now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP).
- Weapon reticle will now fade slightly when reloading, out of ammo, or changing weapons.
- The player camera can now see out of the water when walking in lakes.
- Launch Pads and Cozy Campfires now destroy overlapping small objects when placed.
- Reduced trigger volume for floor Damage Trap to better match visuals and prevent triggering when standing on ledges above.
- Supply Llamas now fall to the ground if the object they were standing on is destroyed.
- Autorun will no longer cancel if you let go of the stick and it slightly flicks backward while using a gamepad.
- Fixed issue where Autorun could be active while using a Shopping Cart.
- The first Storm circle will now consistently do 1 damage.
- Players will no longer get stuck in a doorway if they were standing in it when the door closed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some weapon animations from playing.
- Autorun can no longer be activated while walking backward.
- Textures will now consistently appear correctly while in Edit Mode.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when logging out.
- Improved performance of Shopping Carts on both the game client and server.
- Added unique ambient audio to the new desert biome. More unique ambient audio for the map will be coming in future updates!
- Lowered the volume of the Battle Pass Challenge success sound.
- UI audio has been redesigned, all button and interface sounds updated.
- Dual Pistol fire sound will no longer get cut off if you switch weapons immediately after firing.
- The True Love emotes audio will no longer overlap with itself if multiple players use it near each other.
- The funky electronic track to the Dance Moves emote on Mobile/Switch platforms has been re-enabled.
- We now allow users to enable the same sound visualizer on all platforms that were created for mobile – however, while the visualizer is enabled, audible sound effects will be muted. Mobile platforms are unaffected by this change and will retain sound effects and the visualizer. You can find this new option under the Accessibility tab in the settings.
- Streamer mode no longer just says “Player###”, instead it now uses the player’s cosmetic character as their display name “Character[###]”. So instead of “Eliminated Player100” you may see, “Eliminated Rust Lord”. Anyone eliminating someone in streamer mode will now see Streamer[###].
- Added extra audio and visual fanfare to the Victory Royale end of match sequence.
- The “Dialogue Audio”, “Global Chat”, and “Auto Equip Better Weapons” options have been removed as they have no function in Battle Royale.
- Zooming in and out on the map is now twice as fast with the controller.
- The “Play Again” button will now allow players to preview pickaxe visual and sound effects in the Item Shop, Battle Pass, and Locker.
- New faster animation for displaying XP sources have been added to the end of match stats screen.
- Map markers will now re-appear if removed and added back to the exact same location.
- End of match stats now appears correctly on all platforms in their correct numeric format.
- Key bindings for weapon and structure sections in the HUD are now displayed properly.
- A typo was removed from the item description for the Victory Lap harvesting tool.
- Controller input will no longer fail when at the Main Menu.
- Fixed an inconsistency in the UI that was displayed when placing a trap in some cases.
- “Distance Traveled” is now reported correctly in the Match Stats screen.
Art + Animation
- Revive animations are no longer skipped if the player was reloading when downed.
- Effects now appear properly when jumping with the Pot of Gold Harvesting Tool.
- Prevented sprays from affecting props used in emotes (e.g., the basketball from Baller).
- “Camera type” is now localized in the view settings header.
- Gamepads will no longer continuously rumble when a replay is paused.
- The Main Menu will no longer become unresponsive if the Friends List is opened while a replay is paused.
- Nameplates no longer block input on camera settings.
- Nameplates no longer disappear if the camera is directly above a player.
- The bottom portion of the nameplate will no longer become cut off.
- Nameplates on PS4 will now show team number & weapon.
- Weapon animations will now play in replays after scrubbing the timeline.
- Timeline markers no longer disappear on saved replays on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Shopping Cart visual and audio effects will no longer break in replays.
- The “Revive” and “Drive” prompt will no longer persist in replays if a player was eliminated while being revived or near a Shopping Cart.
- Autofire has been added as an option on mobile platforms. Enabling this causes the player’s weapon to automatically fire when the reticle is over an enemy that is within range.
- Players will be given the option to select their preferred fire mode after launching. All players can change their preferred fire mode by navigating to Options, Custom HUD Layout, then choosing the ‘Select Fire Mode’ option and confirming their selection.
- A dedicated fire button.
- The Thermal Scoped AR now has the proper visual effects on all devices.
- Vehicle passengers can now detonate Remote Explosives.
- Entering build mode while holding the “fire” button will no longer adversely affect your ability to build in the future.
- Health and Shield numbers will no longer be displayed as your own while spectating.
Fortnite leaks reveal free Major Mancake skin coming in Chapter 3 Season 3
Fortnite leakers have discovered a new Mancake skin in the files called Major Mancake that players can unlock for free in Chapter 3 Season 3.
Mancake, literally a man with a pancake head, is one of the most popular Fortnite characters. He has received a ‘Major’ upgrade in Chapter 3 Season 3 and you can get the skin by completing five Fall Guys’ Crown Clash challenges.
Mancake and his unreal adventures in Butter Barn are quite famous among Fortnite players. The character has been on the island since Chapter 2 Season 5 and has played a significant role in the storyline repeatedly.
Here’s a preview of the upcoming Major Mancake skin in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3.
How to get Major Mancake skin in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3
To be fair, the Major Mancake skin isn’t a noteworthy upgrade to the original skin. There are minor differences in the the outfit’s color scheme and the head is now more pancake-like.
Here’s a comparison between the original Mancake skin and the leaked Major Mancake skin:
The decrypted Major Mancake set also has the following items:
- Stacked! spray
- Sweet Clementine pickaxe
- Stacked with Love emoticon
- Waffler backbling
Leakers have reported that the emoticon and the spray do not have a source, which hints at Major Mancake being a promotional cosmetic.
There will be five Crown Clash challenges and loopers will have to play a total of 100 Fall Guys shows to avail of all five free rewards.
Why Major Mancake could be a free Fortnite x Fall Guys reward
Leakers have discovered that the upcoming Fall Guys challenge will have five stages and the Major Mancake set comprises five cosmetics. These skins, sprays, and emoticons do not have Item Shop assets, and the pickaxe appears to have a Promo source.
Having said that, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for none of the Fall Guys x Fortnite rewards to be Fall Guys themed. Mancake is an original Fortnite character and has no relation with Mediatonic’s Battle Royale game.
We’ll make sure to update this article when Epic Games officially reveals Major Mancake and the procedure to get the skin.
UPDATE: Leakers have confirmed that Major Mancake is a promotional reward for Fortnite x Fall Guys. The order in which players can get the skin for free is:
- 10 Fall Guys Rounds: Stacked! Spray
- 20 Fall Guys Rounds: Stacked With Love Emoticon
- 40 Fall Guys Rounds: Sweet Clementine Pickaxe
- 70 Fall Guys Rounds: Waffler Backbling
- 100 Fall Guys Rounds: Major Mancake Outfit
Fortnite Reality Tree is the ‘next threat’ according to NPCs
Fortnite Season 3 is all about the Reality Tree and its growing roots. Here’s why loopers should be worried about this mysterious flora.
Fortnite players seem delighted with the frequent map changes in Chapter 3 Season 3. The Reality Tree is growing at an unprecedented rate and this is a matter of concern for the residents of the island.
Despite being a Battle Royale title, Fortnite maintains an overly-complicated storyline that includes characters from Marvel, DC, Star Wars, and whatnot. Basically, the Zero Point controls everything, and keeping it stable is the key to normalcy.
Loopers just witnessed a nerve-wracking war between the Imagined Order and The Seven in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2. The current season might have a Vibin’ theme, but from the looks of it, the party will soon come to an end.
The Scientist expresses concerns regarding Reality Tree in Fortnite Vibin’ quests
Fortnite v21.10 introduced a bunch of Vibin’ quests in which players help The Scientist in studying the Reality Tree. The member of The Seven is terrified about the Zero Point being exposed. Accordingly, he’s trying to warn us that the new flora on the island is a major threat to reality.
Some NPCs (non-playable characters) on the island have similar thoughts:
- Kyle– You were right. Some of these trees…I’ve never seen em’ before.
- Haven when she talks to The Foundation- Something’s not right.
- Haven when she talks to The Scientist- Whatever experiments you’re doing, run them faster. We’re in trouble.
- The Origin when he interacts with The Imagined- Any activity on the perimeter? Stay vigilant
- The Order when she talks to The Origin- Any news? Are we in the clear?
- The Scientist when he is visited by The Origin- Our next threat won’t be flying in on an airship.
- The Scientist when he interacts with The Paradigm- These calculations aren’t looking good.
- The Paradigm when she is visited by The Scientist- If you’re saying something’s up, I believe you.
It is evident that members of The Seven have discovered something unusual. Even though they’ve successfully eradicated the Imagined Order (for how long, though?), a new threat has emerged in the form of the Reality Tree.
Who controls the Reality Tree in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3?
Fan theories suggest that a character named Bloomwatcher (a name given and widely accepted by the community) is controlling Reality Tree. She appeared in this season’s story trailer for a second, and one of the skin surveys teased her as well.
The Reality Tree and the brand-new mushroom-themed biome are hoaxes. Loopers are misled to think that they’ve finally achieved freedom, as the growth of Reality roots is causing unusual events.
The Reality Tree’s spread is similar to the island’s contamination by the cubes in Chapter 2 Season 8. Leaks have suggested that in the upcoming weeks, the roots will reach Temple Bloom, Condo Canyon, Daily Bugle, and other prominent locations.
- Read More: Naruto using a Star Wars Lightsaber in Fortnite sums up how bizarre crossovers have become
At the same time, Darth Vader is roaming in his shuttle to restore a relic that accidentally reached the island. Loopers can expect more clarity about these storyline developments with the v21.20 update on July 5, 2022.
Subway Surfers officially reacts to crazy Fortnite collab concept
A handful of notable franchises are yet to collaborate with Fortnite including Subway Surfers. Here’s why this could finally happen.
Fortnite players love coming up with concepts, especially related to crossovers. A Subway Surfers concept went viral recently and it was good enough to catch the attention of the developers.
It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say that Subway Surfers is one of the most ground-breaking games in history. It popularized the endless runner genre and has been downloaded by literally billions of players.
Crossovers now define Fortnite, and here’s why a collaboration with Subway Surfers could be closer than ever.
Subway Surfers’ concept imagines Tricky as a Fortnite skin
Subway Surfers has introduced a wide range of characters since its launch, and fans love them all for unique reasons. As it turns out, Fortnite artist Anhel admires Tricky and accordingly, he turned her into a skin.
Anhel’s Fortnite x Subway Surfers bundle included these items:
- Tricky’s outfit
- Subway Surfers spray
- 1500 V-Bucks
- Subway Surfers’ Jetpack back bling
- Subway Surfers’ theme song album
To be fair, this is a flawless bundle for any Subway Surfers fan. The mobile game has many elements that can be incorporated into Fortnite, and an official crossover is almost guaranteed to be a massive hit.
Subway Surfers’ official Twitter account reacted to the aforementioned concept and even tagged Fortnite asking about a collaboration. Naturally, this was enough to ignite the hopes of countless fans who love both franchises.
Subway Surfers’ policeman catches Jake with Fortnite’s builds in fan-made clip
It is evident that the Fortnite community is eagerly awaiting a Subway Surfers’ collab. Popular modder Brux uploaded a clip on YouTube that perfectly blended both the games and it already has over 250k views.
Brux somehow gave the policeman building and editing abilities who then used them to catch Jake within 10 seconds. To say the least, it was the perfect representation of a Fortnite sweat.
Brux is clearly one of the most talented modders out there. It is safe to assume that such content will become more common with Creative 2.0 which should be available before 2023.
Now that Subway Surfers has officially reacted to concepts, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the collaboration with Fortnite takes place soon. As of now, the Fall Guys collaboration has been leaked and loopers can look forward to completing Crown Clash challenges for free rewards.
Fortnite nerfs the Visualize Sound Effects range in Season 3 update
The most broken feature of Chapter 3 has now finally received a nerf and players couldn't be happier. Here's the...
Fortnite leak shows two major POIs getting the Reality Bloom effect soon
Reality Bloom is a phenomenon that is wildly spreading across the island as it modifies several POIs. Here are a...
Fortnite Fall Guys event leaked: How to complete Crown Clash challenges
A much anticipated collab between Fortnite and Fall Guys is finally coming to the looped Battle Royale with some rewards...