Epic has released the patch notes for v4.4.0 featuring the new Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle, placement of traps on ramps and more. Here’s everything you need to know about this week’s update:
Thermal Scope Assault Rifle (Battle Royale)
You never know who’s watching. The Thermal Scope Assault Rifle is now available in Battle Royale, and it sees more than enemies.
Traps on Ramps (Battle Royale and Save the World)
Players and Husks had better watch their steps, certain Traps can now be placed on ramps in both game modes.
- Several types of traps can now be placed on player-built stairs and sloping roofs.
- The Bouncer in Battle Royale.
- Wooden Spikes, Retractable Spikes, Flame Grill Traps, Freeze Traps, and Healing Pads in Save the World.
- Added separate sliders for ‘Mouse Sensitivity X’ and ‘Mouse Sensitivity Y’ to the options menu.
- Your current sensitivity settings will not be changed.
- Previously, vertical mouse sensitivity (Y) was always 70% of horizontal sensitivity (X).
- New players will now start with the same default sensitivity for both horizontal and vertical aim.
- Added a quick visual transition to building pieces as you move and aim in Build Mode.
- Damage numbers will now round down instead of up in Save the World, Battle Royale, and replays.
- Chat windows no longer close unexpectedly while typing on consoles.
- The search button will now work properly when sprinting up to chests and ammo crates.
- Text no longer cuts off in some languages on the confirmation message of the settings screen.
- Fixed Turbo Building not working if you quickly tried to build right after entering Build Mode.
- Renamed “Shadowplay Highlights” to “NVIDIA Highlights” in the options.
- Intelligent Delivery/Split Download (Xbox).
- This is a new method for patching Fortnite. Battle Royale will only download the files necessary to play, which allows for smaller download sizes on future updates.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout v3
In this Limited Time Mode, players will do battle using snipers & scoped assault rifles.
What’s New since v2?
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been added to floor loot & chests.
- The Crossbow has been removed.
- Ammo drop rates have returned to normal.
- Ammo boxes had extra ammo in v2.
- Epic & Legendary Sniper Rifles are no longer limited to chests & Supply Drops.
- Can now be found as floor loot as well.
- The only available weapons are Sniper Rifles and Scoped AR’s.
- Floor Loot spawns are reduced by 50%.
- Building resources received from farming reduced by 25%.
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated, players are immediately eliminated.
- Profile Stats are tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: 50v50 v3
Two teams of fifty players fight to the finish!
What’s New since v2?
- A new, larger Storm circle has been added to the beginning of the match.
- Extra supply drops fall in the new circle, giving more players a chance to find an open one.
- Supply drops now come in batches of 4-8 (up from 3-6), fall every two minutes, and only lands in the first two Storm circles.
- The damage applied over time while in the Down But Not Out state has been changed to the default of 2 damage per tick.
- Bonus resources earned from farming reduced from +75% to +25%.
- The Storm circles are now more likely to bias towards the center of the map, this helps make the bus flight path less important.
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, the enemy has a red outline.
- The map has a dotted line, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges.
- Increased chances of chests spawning from 50-70% to 75-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 75-90%.
- Farming resources increased by 25% over the default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, an extra consumable, resource, and trap.
Weapons + Items
- Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 36-37 base damage.
- Can see chest, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures, and more.
- Uses Medium ammo.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Renamed ‘Assault Rifle with Scope’ to ‘Scoped Assault Rifle’
- The maximum range of most weapons increased to 275 meters from 250 meters to match the distance that players are visible.
- The Bouncer Trap no longer floats in the air.
- Crouching while scoped in Loot Lake will no longer cause your view to be underwater.
- You can now throw Remote Explosive while sprinting.
- A new soccer stadium has been added to the northern area of the map.
- Added new light color options to Carbide and Omega.
- Pickaxes are no longer missing from the quick bar for players who join the match late.
- Currently equipped traps no longer change to a different trap unexpectedly when trying to place one into an empty space.
- Lightly pulling backward on the gamepad movement thumbstick while in the Shopping Cart will no longer make you move forward.
- Players will no longer get stuck shooting their weapon when switching seats and firing simultaneously in the Shopping Cart.
- Passengers ejecting from the Shopping Cart at high speeds will no longer get a large impulse.
- Players will no longer crash when viewing friends leaderboard.
- Improved interaction of players and Shopping Carts with soccer and basketballs.
- Improved network simulation of soccer and basketballs when kicked by other players.
- The Shopping Cart will no longer destroy unbreakable objects.
- Fixed an issue causing Shopping Carts from flipping over when hitting a Supply Drop.
- Shopping Carts will no longer float in the air after the platform they were on is destroyed.
- Client and server optimizations for Shopping Carts.
- Fixed a hitch on mobile when landing.
- Rendering CPU optimizations for all platforms.
- Fixed an issue where antivirus software was causing hitches on PC.
- The following adjustments have been made to footstep audio.
- Increased the volume of enemy footsteps by 25%.
- Changed volume falloff of footsteps from Logarithmic to Linear.
- Increased range of footsteps by one building tile.
- Added more detail to the Battle Bus audio.
- Lowered the volume of Hop Rocks activation, deactivation, and in-use sounds.
- Made the teleport rez-in sound when returning to the lobby more subtle.
- Improved soccer and basketball audio by adding rolling and bouncing sounds.
- Fixed cases where certain sounds wouldn’t play in highly populated areas like Tilted Towers or the pre-game island.
- Added in a new style for the options screen.
- HP bars no longer only show 1 HP if you switch between teammates while spectating.
- Interact prompts no longer display on chests for Shopping Cart passengers.
Art + Animation
- Updated the Battle Bus visuals and animations.
- Battle Bus now has animating parts and flashing party lights when flying.
- All battle bus models in the world have higher resolution.
- Animations will now play properly when exiting the Shopping Cart while simultaneously switching seats.
- Opening effects will now properly play after searching Supply Drops.
- “Wavey” effects now properly appear on Willow trees.
- Fixed an issue where sprays where not displaying correctly on some objects.
- Fixed an issue where markers on the replay timeline would not be cleared when changing player.
- Shopping Carts replicate more accurately while scrubbing through replays.
- Crash fixes and stability improvements.
- Players will no longer experience a short hitch when landing from the Battle Bus.
Fortnite Spider-Man Web-Shooters to get huge nerf in competitive
Fortnite Chapter 3 is off to a hot start thanks to Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters, but the mobility item is getting a huge nerf in competitive.
Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters have been a game-changer in Fortnite Chapter 3, but Epic Games is about to give them a massive nerf next update.
Fortnite Chapter 3 started off hot with Epic Games adding Spider-Man’s Web-shooters shortly after the start of Season 1. The gloved would give players the power to zip across the map insanely fast.
A fresh pair of Web-Shooters comes with 80 shots which is more than enough for most players. As well, if you eliminate a player with Web-Shooter, they will drop fully charged.
A traversal item this powerful is a must-have for competitive players, but it’s getting a serious nerf. Starting when Fortnite v19.20 drops, the Web-Shooters won’t be so powerful.
Web-Shooters get huge competitive nerf
According to Hypex, the Fortnite Web-Shooter nerf is planned for the v19.20 update. The update is currently planned to go live on Tuesday, February 1.
The nerf lowers the number of times a Web-Shooter can be used from 80 to 20. This is a massive nerf as players can only use Web-Shooters for 25% of the time they normally could.
However, this nerf only affects competitive players. Web-Shooters in casual lobbies will remain at 80 shots.
Epic Games states the nerf is intended to “encourage players to make more strategic decisions.” While it is still a useful mobility item, players won’t be able to zip across the map as freely as they once could.
The replies to Hypex’s tweet are a mix of those in favor and against the nerf. Some players praise the nerf as it will stop players from constantly running from fights.
Those who oppose the change claim competitive is too sweaty without Web-Shooters. Regardless, here’s where you can find web-shooters in Chapter 3.
Fortnite leak teases return of Star Wars Lightsabers
The Star Wars Lightsabers could make a return to Fortnite in the near future according to a notable data miner.
A Fortnite data miner has reported that Epic Games readded the Star Wars Lightsabers into Fortnite’s files after the v19.10 update.
Fortnite has held quite a few Star Wars crossovers, but none as ambitious as the live event in Chapter 2 Season 1. This introduced Lightsaber’s into the loot pool for a short period of time.
They were also available for an even shorter period of time from May 2nd – 5th during Chapter 2 Season 2. Since then, players have eagerly awaited their return.
Now, a Fortnite data miner thinks Lightsabers could return to Fortnite sometime soon due to a change in the game’s files.
Lightsabers may return to Fortnite
Epic Games removes weapon and item data from the files when that item isn’t in use. And when the data is readded to the files, it’s a good indicator players will see their return soon.
Fortnite data miner FN_Assist recently discovered that the data for Lightsabers was added after the most recent update. In a tweet, FN_Assist outlines all of the data that was readded.
They claim that this could mean one of two things. Either Star Wars Lightsabers will return to Fortnite in the near future. Or Epic is working on a weapon based on the lightsaber’s pre-existing mechanics.
If Lightsabers are added to Fortnite, we can expect it to accompany a return of skins and maybe some other Star Wars announcement.
Epic Games usually adds crossover content to promote whoever they are collaborating with. Whether it be a new movie or TV series, the Lightsabers could be used as a promotional tool for new Star Wars content.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Klombos and Klomberries in Chapter 3.
Fortnite: Where to find Pizza Party item and what it does
Fortnite Chapter 3 is adding a new Pizza Party item that allows players to restore their shields through the power of pizza.
If you’re wanting to switch up your diet in Fortnite, you can use the Pizza Party item to gain shield and fill your stomach.
One of Fortnite’s mascots is Tomatohead who is also the mascot for the fictional restaurant Pizza Pit. This is a POI that has appeared in Fortnite for several seasons.
It’s one of the many fictional restaurants that have appeared in-game along with Durrr Burger, Sitcks, and Butter Barn.
However, players haven’t been able to enjoy any of the food from these restaurants until now. Pizza Pit’s ovens are on and players can finally enjoy eight slices of cheesy goodness.
How to get Pizza Party item in Fortnite
The Pizza Party is a pizza box containing eight slices of pizza. In addition to cheese and sauce, each slice is topped with a Shield Mushroom that restores 50 shield.
Each box has 8 slices, but each slice can only get players up to 50 shield similar to minis. Players can find Pizza Party boxes in the normal loot pool.
As well, players can purchase a Pizza Box for 50 gold from the Tomatohead NPC. He is located in Tilted Tower, and he only has 4 Pizza Boxes in stock.
According to Hypex, the Pizza Party box will be added to Fortnite on Tuesday, January 25.
For a measly 200 gold, players can pick up 1,600 shield. However, we don’t know how long it takes to eat a slice. And this would also require players to give up two item slots.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Spider-Man’s web shooters in Chapter 3.
Best Controller settings for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
If you’re looking to take your game to the next level, then you need to make sure you have the...
The 5 most hated skins in Fortnite
The Fortnite community is no fan of these skins.
How to get Fortnite Inflate-A-Bulls and how to use them
Epic Games have added another disguise to Fortnite Season 8 following the v17.10 update, and they’re called Inflate-A-Bulls. If you...