The Patch Notes for v4.2.0 have been released featuring a new Epic & Legendary Burst Assault Rifle, a new Apple consumable and more. Here’s everything you need to know:
Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifle
The Burst Assault Rifle you’ve been asking for… it’s Epic… it’s Legendary.
- Standard gamepad configuration has been renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers on Mac to use the Touchpad instead of the Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players.
- Fixed several causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which were caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels being inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Fixed the time spent in match text not updating properly for party members.
Weapons + Items
- Added Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifles.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Does 32 / 33 damage (Epic / Legendary).
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Uses the same damage fall-off ranges as other Assault Rifles.
- Added a new foraged item: Apples
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Can uncommonly be found around certain trees throughout the map.
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17).
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18).
- Rare is now 22 (was 19).
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range.
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters (was 24 meters).
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters).
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65% at 50 meters).
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage increased by 3.
- Damage Trap
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Removed the delay between swapping to a grenade and the ability to aim it.
- Fixed an issue where Remote Explosives could destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
- Assault Rifles no longer appear to eject multiple bullet casings per shot.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Launch Pad when multiple players activated it at the same time.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass weapon equip times after canceling a consumable use animation.
- Players can no longer crouch through the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue causing door prediction to get stuck and make it so a player could never open doors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect displaying of selected cosmetic items in the lobby.
- Patched up a hole in the terrain near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that made chests appear to be unopened when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue allowing player to sprint at full speed in a section of the Loot Lake water.
- Improved overall server performance.
- The server tick rate has been increased from 20 to 30 updates per second.
- This allows for more responsive movement and shooting, and reduces effective ping times for all players.
- Network bandwidth has increased slightly.
- Improved material loading by 2x, which should help buildings and characters stream in faster and reduce hitching.
- Fixed large hitches that occurred when certain cosmetic items were encountered for the first time in a match.
- Improved framerate when using Hop Rocks by optimizing its particle effect.
- Fixed remote players appearing to jump far too high when their connection went bad or there was a server hitch.
- To help differentiate between above/below footstep sounds, we’ve added an additional layer to steps that are above you based on the surface type.
- Wood has creaks, Stone has crunches + gravel noises, and Metal has rattles.
- Lowered the volume of the weak points that appear when harvesting 🔈.
- Boosted the volume of Grenade Launcher explosions to more closely match volume of other explosions 🔊.
- Improved how wind fades out prior to landing when using a glider.
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio to cut out on elimination.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a spectated player’s footsteps/jumps/lands to sound like they were to the left/right if they were moving, especially when looking through a scope.
- Emoting in the lobby can now be triggered by clicking the right analog stick.
- Added an emote button to the bottom of the screen while in the lobby.
- Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights now defaults to off (PC only).
- Fixed an issue that prevented map input from working while spectating.
- Fixed an issue where teammate map indicators wouldn’t display during a match.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the consume timer from displaying while consuming a Hop Rock.
- Fixed an issue that caused the trap placement UI to display while looking at surfaces that do not allow trap placement.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap arrow wouldn’t display properly while spectating a player.
Art + Animation
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to affect objects that moved (player-worn bush, soccer balls, etc.).
- Fixed an issue that caused Battlehound’s pants to clip through his tunic when running.
- Fixed issue where Eliminations wouldn’t show up in the Replay browser.
- HUD customization added.
- This is version 1.0, we’ll continue to build this out.
- Added an optimization that limits the number of Sprays rendered at once.
SOURCE: Epic Games
Fortnite leak teases return of Star Wars Lightsabers
The Star Wars Lightsabers could make a return to Fortnite in the near future according to a notable data miner.
A Fortnite data miner has reported that Epic Games readded the Star Wars Lightsabers into Fortnite’s files after the v19.10 update.
Fortnite has held quite a few Star Wars crossovers, but none as ambitious as the live event in Chapter 2 Season 1. This introduced Lightsaber’s into the loot pool for a short period of time.
They were also available for an even shorter period of time from May 2nd – 5th during Chapter 2 Season 2. Since then, players have eagerly awaited their return.
Now, a Fortnite data miner thinks Lightsabers could return to Fortnite sometime soon due to a change in the game’s files.
Lightsabers may return to Fortnite
Epic Games removes weapon and item data from the files when that item isn’t in use. And when the data is readded to the files, it’s a good indicator players will see their return soon.
Fortnite data miner FN_Assist recently discovered that the data for Lightsabers was added after the most recent update. In a tweet, FN_Assist outlines all of the data that was readded.
They claim that this could mean one of two things. Either Star Wars Lightsabers will return to Fortnite in the near future. Or Epic is working on a weapon based on the lightsaber’s pre-existing mechanics.
If Lightsabers are added to Fortnite, we can expect it to accompany a return of skins and maybe some other Star Wars announcement.
Epic Games usually adds crossover content to promote whoever they are collaborating with. Whether it be a new movie or TV series, the Lightsabers could be used as a promotional tool for new Star Wars content.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Klombos and Klomberries in Chapter 3.
Fortnite: Where to find Pizza Party item and what it does
Fortnite Chapter 3 is adding a new Pizza Party item that allows players to restore their shields through the power of pizza.
If you’re wanting to switch up your diet in Fortnite, you can use the Pizza Party item to gain shield and fill your stomach.
One of Fortnite’s mascots is Tomatohead who is also the mascot for the fictional restaurant Pizza Pit. This is a POI that has appeared in Fortnite for several seasons.
It’s one of the many fictional restaurants that have appeared in-game along with Durrr Burger, Sitcks, and Butter Barn.
However, players haven’t been able to enjoy any of the food from these restaurants until now. Pizza Pit’s ovens are on and players can finally enjoy eight slices of cheesy goodness.
How to get Pizza Party item in Fortnite
The Pizza Party is a pizza box containing eight slices of pizza. In addition to cheese and sauce, each slice is topped with a Shield Mushroom that restores 50 shield.
Each box has 8 slices, but each slice can only get players up to 50 shield similar to minis. Players can find Pizza Party boxes in the normal loot pool.
As well, players can purchase a Pizza Box for 50 gold from the Tomatohead NPC. He is located in Tilted Tower, and he only has 4 Pizza Boxes in stock.
According to Hypex, the Pizza Party box will be added to Fortnite on Tuesday, January 25.
For a measly 200 gold, players can pick up 1,600 shield. However, we don’t know how long it takes to eat a slice. And this would also require players to give up two item slots.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Spider-Man’s web shooters in Chapter 3.
When Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 ends, Season 2 start date
Here is when Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 ends and Season 2 starts. The season is off to a wild start, and it’s only going to get crazier.
Fortnite Chapter 3 just started, and it’s going to be a long one. Here is when Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 ends and Season 2 starts.
Fortnite Chapter 2 ended with The Island flipping over revealing an entirely new map. This marked the start of Fortnite Chapter 3 which also took players back to Season 1.
With a new Chapter, there is plenty for players to discover. On top of a new map there are new weapons, mechanics, and more. This also means that Chapter 3 Season 1 is going to be a long one.
Whether you love or hate the new season, you might be wondering when the next one will start.
When Does Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 End?
Fortnite Season 1 will end on March 22, 2022. This means the first season of the new chapter will last for more than 100 days.
There is a chance that Chapter 3 Season 1 could end on March 19 as an in-game timer indicates this as the season’s end date. Regardless, this season is going to be a long one.
When Does Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 Start?
New Fortnite seasons usually start within 24 hours after the previous one ends. Players can expect Chapter 3 Season 2 to start on March 23.
That being said, there’s always a chance that Season 2 gets delayed. A series of delays happened at the start of Chapter 2 which caused Season 1 to stretch far beyond its original end date.
Is There a Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Live Event?
As of now, we don’t know. We likely won’t have this information until the final weeks of Season 1.
However, we will keep this article updated as more information is provided.
What Season is Fortnite on?
Fortnite is currently in Chapter 3 Season 1. This is the first season of the third chapter which started after Chapter 2 Season 8. While most players refer to this season as “Season 1”, it’s technically Season 19.
There were 10 seasons in Chapter 1 and 8 seasons in Chapter 2.
For now, that’s everything we know about Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1. This chapter will likely span the next year or so and will be filled with exciting events.
- Read More: How to get the Wonder Woman Fortnite skin
We will keep you updated on when Fortnite Season 2 starts. For more Fortnite, check out the best controller settings for Chapter 3 and stay tuned for more news and guides.
Best Controller settings for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
If you’re looking to take your game to the next level, then you need to make sure you have the...
The 5 most hated skins in Fortnite
The Fortnite community is no fan of these skins.
How to get Fortnite Inflate-A-Bulls and how to use them
Epic Games have added another disguise to Fortnite Season 8 following the v17.10 update, and they’re called Inflate-A-Bulls. If you...