Epic Games have released the Patch Notes for v3.6.0 featuring the new Clinger grenade, some changes to the Minigun and more. Here they are:
Clinger (Battle Royale)
Stick it to your enemies and score the Victory Royale. Find this new grenade in Floor Loot, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas, and Treasure Chests.
- Twitch account linking has been removed from the game client due to scalability issues.
- Twitch Prime account linking can still be done through the Epic Games website.
- Fixed an issue with metal doors not making a sound when closed.
Weapons + Items
- Clinger added.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Floor Loot, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas, Treasure Chests
- Explosion Delay (once attached to target): 2.5 seconds
- Player Damage: 100
- Structure Damage: 200
- Radius: 1 Tile
- Max Stack Size: 10
- Pickup Stack Size: 3
- Stick this grenade to an enemy and wait for it to explode after a short duration!
- Cannot explode in the air.
- Will cling to any surface or player hit.
- Will detonate early if a structure it is attached to is destroyed.
- Reduced chances of finding Remote Explosives in Treasure Chests by ~40%.
- Minigun adjustments:
- Increased accuracy by 10%.
- Decreased recoil by 10%.
- Increased damage from 16/17 (Epic/Legendary) to 18/19.
- Greatly improved hit registration of long range Sniper Rifle and Crossbow projectiles.
- Port-a-Fort improvements:
- Port-a-Fort tires no longer grant falling damage immunity after players bounce off them.
- Port-a-Fort trajectory preview now indicates if it will build with stilts and a ramp.
- Port-a-Fort trajectory now turns red if aimed too high.
- Fixed a collision issue with the Port-a-Fort tires that allowed downed players to hide in them.
- Fixed an issue where Submachine Guns intermittently failed to reload.
- Fixed an issue where Cozy Campfire healed for one more second than intended.
- Fixed an issue where red hitmarkers wouldn’t show when the Rocket Launcher dealt damage.
- The red light on Remote Explosives can no longer be seen through doors.
- Fixed an issue causing consumables from Loot Llamas and Supply Drops to exceed the maximum stack size in a player’s inventory.
- Short fences will no longer block you from building structures.
- First shot accuracy is now reset when you crouch, uncrouch, or switch weapons.
- Players now spawn closer to their squadmates on the starting island.
- Moved the groups of spawn points on the starting island to be closer to one another.
- Supply Drop balloon health has been adjusted based on playlist:
- Solo: 500
- Duo: 750
- Squad: 1250
- Supply Drops now spawn twice as high and fall twice as fast.
- Builder Pro
- Fixed an issue where primary fire could be interrupted when releasing aim down sights.
- Fixed an issue where sprinting could stop if you switched to build mode and attempted to quickly build a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing player’s weapons to automatically fire after placing a structure and switching to the weapon.
- Fixed multiple issues with Supply Drops:
- Balloon collision no longer remains after the crate is opened.
- Supply Drops no longer get stuck on structures, trees, or in the air.
- Fixed Port-a-Fort tires floating in the air when Port-a-Fort is thrown at a Supply Drop.
- Players no longer take falling damage when landing on top of tires.
- Fixed an issue that caused doors to recoil after quickly spamming the interact input when approaching the door.
- Fixed an issue that switched the wrong building piece to edit mode when attempting to edit a different piece.
- Self-Service Cosmetic Returns featured has been added.
- Will allow you to return up to 3 cosmetic purchases for V-Bucks (lifetime).
- What can be returned?
- Harvesting Tools
- Back Bling
- What cannot be returned?
- Battle Pass
- Battle Pass Tiers
- Starter Pack
- Founder’s Pack
- Founder’s Pack Upgrades
- Loot Llamas (Save the World)
- Event and Weekly Items (Save the World)
- The Shadowplay Highlights button is visible on the victory screen again.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Shadowplay Highlights button to function on the Lobby tab after switching to another tab.
- Fixed an issue that removed the “Remove Marker” icon from the map.
- Fixed an issue causing teammates map icons to render under the Battle Bus on the map.
- Fixed an issue preventing certain inputs from closing the Squad Comms wheel.
- Improved the sound for multiple Supply Drops spawning together, indicating how many spawned and where they spawned from.
- Fixed the Supply Drop opening sound not being audible from a distance.
- Fixed an issue causing chest audio to not play in some cases.
- Sound effects for metal doors now play when closing the doors.
Art + Animation
- Fixed an issue causing parts of Raven’s clothing to stretch across the screen in the Locker.
- Fixed an issue with the Bitemark pickaxe that prevented the biting physics from working properly.
- Improved hitching that occurs on player elimination (more improvements coming in v4.0).
- Resolved hitching that occurred when rendering foliage.
- Reduced hitches on Mac by including precompiled shaders so they no longer need to compile in-game.
- Added an option to enable a Fire button (right side of screen), which can be enabled via the setting ‘Use Tap to Fire’.
- Fixed interactions where players failed to revive teammates and open chests.
- Fixed an issue where resources being gathered were displayed in the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue in which characters would occasionally move when the map was opened.
- Fixed an issue that prevented friendly structures from being edited.
Fortnite Spider-Man Web-Shooters to get huge nerf in competitive
Fortnite Chapter 3 is off to a hot start thanks to Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters, but the mobility item is getting a huge nerf in competitive.
Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters have been a game-changer in Fortnite Chapter 3, but Epic Games is about to give them a massive nerf next update.
Fortnite Chapter 3 started off hot with Epic Games adding Spider-Man’s Web-shooters shortly after the start of Season 1. The gloved would give players the power to zip across the map insanely fast.
A fresh pair of Web-Shooters comes with 80 shots which is more than enough for most players. As well, if you eliminate a player with Web-Shooter, they will drop fully charged.
A traversal item this powerful is a must-have for competitive players, but it’s getting a serious nerf. Starting when Fortnite v19.20 drops, the Web-Shooters won’t be so powerful.
Web-Shooters get huge competitive nerf
According to Hypex, the Fortnite Web-Shooter nerf is planned for the v19.20 update. The update is currently planned to go live on Tuesday, February 1.
The nerf lowers the number of times a Web-Shooter can be used from 80 to 20. This is a massive nerf as players can only use Web-Shooters for 25% of the time they normally could.
However, this nerf only affects competitive players. Web-Shooters in casual lobbies will remain at 80 shots.
Epic Games states the nerf is intended to “encourage players to make more strategic decisions.” While it is still a useful mobility item, players won’t be able to zip across the map as freely as they once could.
The replies to Hypex’s tweet are a mix of those in favor and against the nerf. Some players praise the nerf as it will stop players from constantly running from fights.
Those who oppose the change claim competitive is too sweaty without Web-Shooters. Regardless, here’s where you can find web-shooters in Chapter 3.
Fortnite leak teases return of Star Wars Lightsabers
The Star Wars Lightsabers could make a return to Fortnite in the near future according to a notable data miner.
A Fortnite data miner has reported that Epic Games readded the Star Wars Lightsabers into Fortnite’s files after the v19.10 update.
Fortnite has held quite a few Star Wars crossovers, but none as ambitious as the live event in Chapter 2 Season 1. This introduced Lightsaber’s into the loot pool for a short period of time.
They were also available for an even shorter period of time from May 2nd – 5th during Chapter 2 Season 2. Since then, players have eagerly awaited their return.
Now, a Fortnite data miner thinks Lightsabers could return to Fortnite sometime soon due to a change in the game’s files.
Lightsabers may return to Fortnite
Epic Games removes weapon and item data from the files when that item isn’t in use. And when the data is readded to the files, it’s a good indicator players will see their return soon.
Fortnite data miner FN_Assist recently discovered that the data for Lightsabers was added after the most recent update. In a tweet, FN_Assist outlines all of the data that was readded.
They claim that this could mean one of two things. Either Star Wars Lightsabers will return to Fortnite in the near future. Or Epic is working on a weapon based on the lightsaber’s pre-existing mechanics.
If Lightsabers are added to Fortnite, we can expect it to accompany a return of skins and maybe some other Star Wars announcement.
Epic Games usually adds crossover content to promote whoever they are collaborating with. Whether it be a new movie or TV series, the Lightsabers could be used as a promotional tool for new Star Wars content.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Klombos and Klomberries in Chapter 3.
Fortnite: Where to find Pizza Party item and what it does
Fortnite Chapter 3 is adding a new Pizza Party item that allows players to restore their shields through the power of pizza.
If you’re wanting to switch up your diet in Fortnite, you can use the Pizza Party item to gain shield and fill your stomach.
One of Fortnite’s mascots is Tomatohead who is also the mascot for the fictional restaurant Pizza Pit. This is a POI that has appeared in Fortnite for several seasons.
It’s one of the many fictional restaurants that have appeared in-game along with Durrr Burger, Sitcks, and Butter Barn.
However, players haven’t been able to enjoy any of the food from these restaurants until now. Pizza Pit’s ovens are on and players can finally enjoy eight slices of cheesy goodness.
How to get Pizza Party item in Fortnite
The Pizza Party is a pizza box containing eight slices of pizza. In addition to cheese and sauce, each slice is topped with a Shield Mushroom that restores 50 shield.
Each box has 8 slices, but each slice can only get players up to 50 shield similar to minis. Players can find Pizza Party boxes in the normal loot pool.
As well, players can purchase a Pizza Box for 50 gold from the Tomatohead NPC. He is located in Tilted Tower, and he only has 4 Pizza Boxes in stock.
According to Hypex, the Pizza Party box will be added to Fortnite on Tuesday, January 25.
For a measly 200 gold, players can pick up 1,600 shield. However, we don’t know how long it takes to eat a slice. And this would also require players to give up two item slots.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Spider-Man’s web shooters in Chapter 3.
Best Controller settings for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
If you’re looking to take your game to the next level, then you need to make sure you have the...
The 5 most hated skins in Fortnite
The Fortnite community is no fan of these skins.
How to get Fortnite Inflate-A-Bulls and how to use them
Epic Games have added another disguise to Fortnite Season 8 following the v17.10 update, and they’re called Inflate-A-Bulls. If you...