Epic Games have released the Patch Notes for v3.5.0 featuring a new Port-a-Fort grenade, the new Replay Mode, 50v50’s second iteration and more. Here they are:
Port-a-Fort (Battle Royale)
A portable fort… it’s Port-a-Fort! Fortify yourself in seconds, all with the flick of a wrist.
50v50 v2 (Battle Royale)
Two teams will clash in the updated 50v50 Limited Time Mode. Be the first to the frontline.
- Wood, Stone, and Metal resources will now always be the first items in the inventory list (e.g. instead of Traps).
- Purchased V-Bucks are now shared between Xbox One, PC and Mobile.
- Login Queue Improvements:
- During wait periods, login will now remember your place in line if you quit out of the game and return.
- Mobile devices will not enter the login queue more than once per login attempt.
- Two-Factor Authentication challenges will not put you back into the login queue.
- Adjusted the Login screen layout to better support varying screen sizes and safe zones.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred during logout.
- Fixed PS4 players leaving their party after a match where they are playing with players on other platforms.
- Fixed Survivor and Hero squads being locked after switching to Save the World from Battle Royale.
- On PC, fixed PS4 controllers showing Xbox buttons, even after the controller type was changed in the settings.
- Fixed rare cases in which character parts would stretch unnaturally.
- (Example) Ears of the Rabbit Raider outfit.
- Fixed the inability to rotate elements in the Battle Royale Locker after buying a Llama in Save the World.
For more details, head to our Replay blog here.
- Save your matches and watch them from any angle!
- Speed up or slow down the action.
- Help tell your story better with player outlines and name plates.
- Several Camera Modes to choose from:
- Third Person
- Follows and orbits around the selected player.
- 3 different follow modes; Off, Auto, Lazy.
- Drone Follow
- Drone style camera that always keeps the selected player in frame.
- Drone Attach
- Drone style camera that is loosely attached to the selected player.
- Drone Free
- Drone style camera that is free to fly around the island.
- This camera shows what the selected player saw during gameplay.
- Adjust cinematic camera settings
- Focal Length
- Focus Distance
- Currently available on PC and console only.
- Third Person
Weapons + Items
- Port-a-Fort added.
- Epic rarity.
- Drops in stacks of 1. Can stack up to 5 in inventory.
- When the Port-a-Fort is thrown, a pre-made fort is constructed instantly at the impact point.
- The Port-a-Fort is made out of metal and is three stories tall.
- The bottom floor is 1×1 with a door for entry. Tires inside allow for easy access to the roof.
- Decreased Guided Missile maximum turn rate by 75%.
- Reduced Guided Missile movement speed by 15%.
- Added a short equip time to many weapons (particularly, those with a slower rate of fire).
- This will reduce the effectiveness of quickly switching between weapons for high burst-damage.
- Removed the reloading animation on the Pump Shotgun.
- Weapons affected are:
- Rocket Launcher
- Hand Cannon
- Tactical Shotgun
- Pump Shotgun
- Heavy Shotgun
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Hunting Rifle
- Adjusted item availability in Vending Machines.
- Reduced chance of Chug Jug by 50%.
- Increased chance of Medium Ammo weapons in Rare Vending Machine by 100%.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Rare Vending Machine by 50%.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Epic Vending Machine by 25%.
- Increased chance of Heavy Ammo weapons in Epic Vending Machine by 25%.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Legendary Vending Machine by 25%.
- Increased chance of Heavy Ammo weapons in Legendary Vending Machine by 25%.
- Reduced drop rate of Remote Explosives in floor loot by roughly 33%.
- Updated Medium Ammo inventory icon to make it more easily identifiable.
- Fixed weapons floating in the air under certain network conditions after quickly switching between items.
- Guided Missile weapon fixes:
- Eliminating a downed player with a Guided Missile no longer reports as a self elimination.
- Picking up an item at the same time as firing a Guided Missile will no longer cause the picked up item to disappear.
- Firing a Guided Missile prior to the victory screen displaying will no longer prevent the player from returning to the lobby.
- Players will now correctly spectate the player that eliminated them instead of spectating their own active missile.
- While spectating a player that fires a missile, you will now follow the missile instead of the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to spectate a floating Guided Missile weapon on the starting island if they were eliminated by a missile during the match.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from firing a guided missile while riding a guided missile.
- Fixed an issue causing the player’s name plate to display over the guided missile while controlling it.
- Fixed an issue where the Rare Scoped Assault Rifle was incorrectly giving an Epic version in Vending Machines.
- Fixed an issue causing the Loot Llama to be empty in Limited Time Modes.
- Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Storm & Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- New ‘Builder Pro’ controller configuration
- This configuration is similar to “Combat Pro”, but optimized for fast placement of building pieces.
- Wall, floor, stairs, and roof have designated buttons on controllers.
- The first button press will switch to the mapped building piece, then every press after will place that piece.
- To switch between materials or traps, press the Left D-Pad button.
- New Squad Comms wheel
- This allows you to communicate quickly without voice.
- The following callouts are currently available:
Enemy Spotted, Need Meds, Need Shields, Need Materials, Need Weapon (context-sensitive), and Need Ammo (context-sensitive).
- Defaults to ‘V’ key, Right D-Pad on controller, or in the Emote menu on Mobile.
- The Loot Llama can now be opened through destruction as well as an interaction.
- Added a blue tint to friendly traps to help distinguish them from enemy traps.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from editing their own structures.
- Supply Drop fixes:
- Fixed an issue preventing players from opening supply drops in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue causing supply drops to jitter as they fall if a player destroys the object that it landed on.
- Fixed an issue causing supply drop loot to spawn in the air after the drop had been shot down.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be pushed under the map if they stood under a falling supply drop.
- Fixed an issue causing players to launch out of the map after landing on a supply drop.
- Fixed an issue where building would be blocked for 3 seconds at a time under poor network conditions.
- Fixed an issue causing controllers to vibrate during the skydiving phase when vending machines loaded into the world.
- Fixed an issue that would hide structure health bars when the player aimed their weapon.
- Fixed toggling aim down sights not returning to its previous state after reloading.
- Fixed an issue where poor network conditions could prevent buildings from streaming in.
- Fixed an issue where you could not select the same Banner Icon and color combination in Battle Royale that you have in Save the World.
- Added unique equip/reload sounds for the following weapons (all others remain the same):
- Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- Pump Shotgun
- Bolt-Action Sniper
- Hunting Rifle
- Added more variation to the Tactical SMG fire sound.
- Added more variation to the medium-range Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle fire sound.
- Remove the second “insert magazine” sound during the grenade launcher reload animation.
- Fixed the controller button label for Toggle Map not shown after being eliminated.
- Fixed a bug in the Locker that made skydive previews appear without the correct animation.
- Fixed text on the minimap that was too small.
- Fixed the map marker not retaining its location when zooming in and out.
- Fixed an issue with map markers not pinning at your cursor when placing them while zoomed in.
- The controller analog stick can now be used to scroll the map while zoomed in.
- Fixed an issue causing the eliminated player count displaying as zero when spectating a Guided Missile.
Art + Animation
- Tweaked the object pop in animation so objects ease in rather than pop in.
- Fixed inconsistent Battle Bus position changes that could occur every few seconds.
- Fixed the Rock Paper Scissors emote so that it replicates properly in the lobby.
- Fixed the Rainbow Smash and Candy Axe harvesting tools not always activating.
- Fixed the Guided Missile firing animation so that it plays properly while spectating the player that is firing the weapon.
- Reduced the size of Mushrooms that were too large.
- Major optimizations + improvements made to console load times and CPU performance.
- We’ve made some data layout optimizations in order to improve load times and performance. Load times reduced by 25-30 seconds as a result of these changes on Xbox One and around 10 seconds on PS4. On both platforms, we expect to see fewer issues with geometry or cosmetics failing to load in time, and FPS drops during skydiving. The Xbox One download will be larger than normal in this release as a result of these optimizations. We’re working to minimize the impact of this type of optimization in future releases. – Developer Comment
- Reduced download and patch size for players who just have access to Battle Royale (PC only).
- Fixed various issues causing the game to freeze up/hitch while loading assets, especially on console. These assets are now preloaded before the game starts.
- Optimized servers to reduce network lag when firing weapons and taking damage.
- Audio indicator no longer shows silenced weapons, crouched footsteps or ally pickaxes.
- Multiple graphical improvements were made to the skybox, vegetation and anti-aliasing.
- Fixed an issue that caused input to continue when no longer touching the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the message about jailbroken devices being unsupported wasn’t being shown
- Attempting to play using a jailbroken device will result in being kicked.
- Fixed various interacting actions, including:
- Icons not showing properly on lower-end devices
- Supply Drops not being able to be opened.
- Doors not consistently opening and closing.
- The Map not being able to be zoomed & panned.
- Instances where accidental button presses would occur.
- Fixed an issue causing Revolver and Grenade Launcher ammo to float outside the gun.
SOURCE: Epic Games
Fortnite leaks confirm Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta skins for Dragon Ball Z crossover in Chapter 3
Anime fans in the Fortnite community are waiting for the Dragon Ball Z crossover, and leaks have confirmed that it will bring in Beerus.
Fortnite v21.30 update introduced a ton of new content and the files now have more Dragon Ball Z elements. From skins for Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta to a Bulma reference, here’s everything we know so far.
Fortnite players were certainly shocked when they came across leaks regarding a Dragon Ball Z crossover. Both waves of the Naruto cosmetics were a massive hit in the Item Shop and it is evident that the developers now wish to capitalize on other popular anime series.
Leaks previously revealed that four skins will arrive in the first-ever Dragon Ball Z x Fortnite crossover, and one of them is going to be Beerus.
Fortnite is working on a Beerus skin for the Dragon Ball Z crossover
As per prominent leaker HYPEX, Epic Games is working on a purple skin codenamed ‘Cat’. For anyone who’s watched Dragon Ball Z, this isn’t a tough one to crack. Beerus, the god of destruction of Universe 7, perfectly fits this description.
With this, three skins have been confirmed for the upcoming DBZ crossover:
The fourth skin will be a female character according to leaks, and it is safe to assume that it will be Bulma.
Following the v21.30 update, HYPEX discovered that one of the Fortnite x DBZ quests will have a beach umbrella setup. This could be a reference to many things like the Kame House, Bulma, or Beerus but it is too early to confirm it.
The Creative Stamina item that started all the rumors about the crossover will also be available on the map. It might be a part of some quests or the developers might just tease the crossover through it.
Last but not least, the Attack Pods from Dragonball will arrive as Gliders in Fortnite. The 21.30 patch added a glider texture with a striking resemblance to these pods and even its codename, StaminaVigor, suggests that it is related to DBZ.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z crossover to have a special event screen, quests, and rewards
It seems like the DBZ crossover will be quite similar to Naruto. Players can look forward to taking part in challenges that will grant them free DBZ-themed skins. Obviously, this will be accompanied by Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus outfits in the Item Shop.
The official website for the DBZ crossover is in the works. It should become functional by August, which is also when Epic Games will officially announce the collaboration.
As of now, this is everything we know about the upcoming DBZ x Fortnite crossover. The next update for Chapter 3 Season 3 will be out after four weeks, and until then, players can enjoy the new summer-themed content.
Fortnite update v21.30 patch notes: No Sweat Summer event, Prime Shotgun, more
Fortnite v21.30 is finally here. From the No Sweat Summer event to new POIs to weapons, here’s everything that arrived with it.
Ahead of the developers’ summer break, Fortnite has released the v21.30 update. It has arrived with the No Sweat Summer event, map changes like Daily Bloomgle, new Prime Shotgun, and more.
The hype for Fortnite v21.30 was sky-scraping because Epic Games will soon go on a break till the second week of August. This means that the battle royale title won’t experience any live changes for the upcoming weeks, and the latest update should ensure that the community doesn’t get bored.
Fortnite v21.30 brings in a No Sweat Insurance NPC, summer-themed POI, and new No Sweat Summer event quests
Fortnite players desperately wanted to celebrate the summer in battle royale modes this time. Luckily, the No Sweat Summer event is here with the v21.30 update.
No Sweat Insurance quests will replace the Vibin quests for the next four weeks as the Scientist’ research regarding the Reality Tree will be halted temporarily.
No Sweat Summer quests
The latest No Sweat Summer quests in Fortnite are:
- Land after jumping from the Battle Bus during the No Sweat Summer event
- Carry the No Sweat sign and place it at a sponsorship location
- Complete a lap around the boat race circuit after the starting countdown
- Make a Character dance to a Boogie Bom
- Emote at different promotional dance floor locations
- Ring doorbells until they break
- Catch 3 seconds of air while driving a Motorboat
- Remove No Sweat signs from recalled products
- Place the No Sweat signs in an official bin
- Pop No Sweat Summer inflatable objects
- Jump on umbrellas along the beach
- Kick a beach ball and kick a giant beach ball
- Fire off the Firework Flare Gun at Mighty Monument or Tilted Towers
- Bust through doors in different neighborhoods
- Destroy large sea buoys with Motorboat Missiles
These quests will grant 15k XP each and a new Sweaty Sailer umbrella glider will be a free reward for completing them. The quests also indicate that the Boogie Bombs will return soon. The goofy item has been a fan-favorite for ages, and it makes perfect sense for it to return during a Vibin’ themed season.
New summer-themed NPCs will now roam around the island. These include:
- Beach Bomber
- Summer Drift
- The Underwriter
- Boardwalk Ruby
The Underwriter is the newest NPC in Fortnite and represents the New Sweat Insurance building from Tilted Towers. In contrast, Unpeely, Beach Bomber, and Boardwalk Ruby are famous characters who always return during the summer.
Fortnite community to vote for Tilted Tower buildings through Rebuild the Block quests
The restoration of Tilted Towers began in Chapter 3 Season 3. Fortnite asked map builders to come up with their best building designs and nine buildings have made the cut.
In the coming weeks, players will donate bars for the construction projects in Tilted Towers. The building design with the most votes will officially become a part of the POI. This will also help players in completing the Rebuild The Block quests:
- Donate Bars voting for construction projects on The Block
- Survive Storm Phases during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Eliminate enemy players during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Complete Rebuild the Block quest stages (3/7/12).
It is clear that we’ll witness new Rebuild The Block quests every week and the developers are yet to reveal the subsequent stages.
To be fair, the XP crisis in Chapter 3 Season 3 could come to an end now as every Rebuild The Block quest will reward players with 14,000 XP.
New Prime Shotgun and consumable Ice-Cream item enter the loot pool with Fortnite v21.30
A brand-new Prime Shotgun will be available in chests, supply drops, and floor loot with v21.30. The stats of this weapon at Rare rarity are:
- Reload Time-4.5
- Clip size– 4
- Headshot damage– 138
- Fire Rate– 1.05
Leaks have revealed that the Prime Shotgun is an explosive weapon with a surprisingly long range for a shotgun. Its damage output is brilliant and the slow fire rate seems to be the only downside.
New consumable items have been added in the form of Ice Cones. These include:
- Lil Whip’s Special Serve for Health and Shield
- Guzzling Icecream Cone which slowly heals health
- Frozen Iceream Cone for Health and it makes things slippery
- Icecream Cone for Health
- Spicy Icecream Cone for Health and Shield
Interestingly, the files of the Burst SMG have been updated as well and it might return soon.
Daily Bugle changes to Daily Bloomgle in Fortnite v21.30 and other map changes
Epic Games has continued the amazing map changes in Chapter 3 Season 3 with the latest update. Daily Bugle, under the effect of the Reality Tree, is now called Daily Bloomgle. As usual, it will now switch between themes based on Neo Tilted, Coral Castle, Colossal Coliseum, and more.
The Reality Tree will continue to grow and after Daily Bugle, it’ll reach Condo Canyon.
Last but not least, a summer-themed stage will be set up on the island for No Sweat Summer. This is where players can expect to complete their event-based quests and earn a ton of XP.
Hotfix updates will be released weekly but no major Fortnite updates will arrive for almost a month now. The developers have already added weekly quests till Week 10, and the Dragon Ball Z crossover will be released after the break.
Fortnite Indiana Jones quests: How to find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines
Fortnite players can finally unlock Indiana Jones with v21.20. They must find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines and here’s a guide for it.
The Indiana Jones quests are finally here in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3. Here’s how you can find the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrines.
While players were expecting Fortnite v21.20 to revolve around No Sweat Summer, it has turned out to be all about Indiana Jones. The secret skin for this season’s Battle Pass is now unlockable through challenges and a brand new POI called Shuffled Shrines has been added to the map.
The Shuffled Shrines puzzle in Fortnite allows players to enter the secret door
First and foremost, you must visit the brand new Shuffled Shrines POI on the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 island. It is located south of Sanctuary, and has been marked in the image below:
After landing, you have to search the location for clues and find four runes on each edge of Shuffled Shrines. They will display one of these Red, Blue, and Yellow symbols:
The runes (clues) will be scattered across Shuffled Shrines and their symbol resets every game. Hence, you should not try copying the patterns that worked for others.
It is important to find the fure runes and then head to the middle of Shuffled Shrines where you will find four interactive runes in front of a door.
Solving the puzzle is basically a game of hit-and-miss. You have to rotate the runes according to the clues. To open the door, the symbols on the runes in front of the door should be identical to the ones that are scattered around Shuffled Shrines.
Apparently, the symbol of the runes on the left should match with the rune located in the southwest corner of Shuffled Shrine. Similarly, the one placed second from the left should match with the rune located on the top right corner (Northwest).
After solving the puzzle correctly, the main chamber should open. However, be careful because the path is full of traps.
Where is the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrine
It is important to note that the challenge doesn’t complete when you solve the puzzle and enter the main chamber. There’s an artifact inside that grants 250 Gold Bars, but more importantly, there’s a secret door to the right of this artifact. The entrance is hidden by green bushes.
Players can enter this area and find two chests inside which should complete the Indiana Jones challenge. This quest will not only provide XP, but will help in unlocking the character’s outfit and a selectable style.
Finding the secret door past the main chamber is clearly more complex than any of the challenges we’ve ever seen in Fortnite. The puzzles and the traps are already too harsh but before that, players must fight a ton of opponents who’ll land to complete the same quest.
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here's how you can get...
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the...
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here's all about the...