Epic Games has released the patch notes for v4.1.0 featuring the new Infinity Gauntlet mashup with Avengers: Infinity War and more. Here’s everything you need to know:
Limited-Time Mashup: Infinity Gauntlet
Wield the Gauntlet, Become Thanos, Claim Victory!
Jump in, play and experience Fortnite x Avengers!
Limited Time Mashup: Infinity Gauntlet
- Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!
- Mashup Details
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
- Thanos Details
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
- Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
- Increased the likelihood of the final circle ending near the outer areas of the map by 25%.
- Improve the variety of ending scenarios to outside the central region of the map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to camouflage Remote Explosives, Clingers, and Damage Traps.
- Fixed building preview not being rotatable when overlapping an existing building while using a controller.
- Fixed soccer game effects not playing when scoring ⚽.
- Fixed a couple of issues that caused the player camera to position itself under the water in Loot Lake.
- Fixed the collision on the tire stacks so players will bounce when walking into them again.
- Fixed a hole in Dusty Divot that players could get stuck in.
- Fixed an area where players were able to hide under the terrain and damage players from below.
- Fixed an issue that caused Turbo Building to not work properly if the player was holding down the build button before switching to build mode.
- Fixed a chest at the prison that would be empty upon opening it.
- You can now join the party of players that are already in a match.
- Party members in-match will appear holographic in the lobby and will give you time and player count updates.
- Season 4 topics added to the in-game Battle Pass FAQ.
- Removed the loading screen that was displayed when transitioning from the starting island to the Battle Bus.
- Fixed the minimap briefly showing the wrong location after being eliminated.
- Fixed an issue that caused some icons on the UI to misalign after switching in and out of build mode.
- Lowered the volume of Hop Rocks 🔈.
- Lowered the volume of the Valor Glider 🔈.
- Re-added the sound of the Supply Drop’s balloon popping when opened or when shot down.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Allow Background Audio’ setting wouldn’t save.
Weapons + Items
- Jump Pad health bars will now update properly when damaged.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to pick up items that were dropped behind the tires in a Port-A-Fort.
- The Port-A-Fort can no longer destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
Art + Animation
- Emotes now perform better on different characters (hands will connect, legs won’t be over-extended, etc.).
- Updated the Banner image for Battle Pass tier 69 to now be correct image.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Royale Flags Back Bling to stretch when previewing it in the Locker.
- Fixed an issue causing character’s helmets to sometimes float above their heads.
- Fixed distant characters not animating properly if they had never been rendered before.
- Fixed characters popping between levels of detail when more than one character was around the same distance away.
- Improved overall frame rate when many characters are visible by optimizing movement and update rates.
- Delayed triggering the “Game Over” HUD, which caused a hitch on death.
- Optimized Spray Paint contrails.
- Optimized content in frontend lobby map.
- Added more logging to get more info on hard-to-reproduce hitches.
- Fixed hitching caused by audio log spam.
- Reduced backend system logging that may have impacted performance.
- Improved async loading time during level streaming by fixing an issue where shrubbery was trying to load but had no mesh.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Replays from saving.
- Temporarily disabled new autorun functionality due to some unintentional actions occurring when using it.
- Optimized memory on mobile to address out-of-memory crashes.
SOURCE: Epic Games
Fortnite Spider-Man Web-Shooters to get huge nerf in competitive
Fortnite Chapter 3 is off to a hot start thanks to Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters, but the mobility item is getting a huge nerf in competitive.
Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters have been a game-changer in Fortnite Chapter 3, but Epic Games is about to give them a massive nerf next update.
Fortnite Chapter 3 started off hot with Epic Games adding Spider-Man’s Web-shooters shortly after the start of Season 1. The gloved would give players the power to zip across the map insanely fast.
A fresh pair of Web-Shooters comes with 80 shots which is more than enough for most players. As well, if you eliminate a player with Web-Shooter, they will drop fully charged.
A traversal item this powerful is a must-have for competitive players, but it’s getting a serious nerf. Starting when Fortnite v19.20 drops, the Web-Shooters won’t be so powerful.
Web-Shooters get huge competitive nerf
According to Hypex, the Fortnite Web-Shooter nerf is planned for the v19.20 update. The update is currently planned to go live on Tuesday, February 1.
The nerf lowers the number of times a Web-Shooter can be used from 80 to 20. This is a massive nerf as players can only use Web-Shooters for 25% of the time they normally could.
However, this nerf only affects competitive players. Web-Shooters in casual lobbies will remain at 80 shots.
Epic Games states the nerf is intended to “encourage players to make more strategic decisions.” While it is still a useful mobility item, players won’t be able to zip across the map as freely as they once could.
The replies to Hypex’s tweet are a mix of those in favor and against the nerf. Some players praise the nerf as it will stop players from constantly running from fights.
Those who oppose the change claim competitive is too sweaty without Web-Shooters. Regardless, here’s where you can find web-shooters in Chapter 3.
Fortnite leak teases return of Star Wars Lightsabers
The Star Wars Lightsabers could make a return to Fortnite in the near future according to a notable data miner.
A Fortnite data miner has reported that Epic Games readded the Star Wars Lightsabers into Fortnite’s files after the v19.10 update.
Fortnite has held quite a few Star Wars crossovers, but none as ambitious as the live event in Chapter 2 Season 1. This introduced Lightsaber’s into the loot pool for a short period of time.
They were also available for an even shorter period of time from May 2nd – 5th during Chapter 2 Season 2. Since then, players have eagerly awaited their return.
Now, a Fortnite data miner thinks Lightsabers could return to Fortnite sometime soon due to a change in the game’s files.
Lightsabers may return to Fortnite
Epic Games removes weapon and item data from the files when that item isn’t in use. And when the data is readded to the files, it’s a good indicator players will see their return soon.
Fortnite data miner FN_Assist recently discovered that the data for Lightsabers was added after the most recent update. In a tweet, FN_Assist outlines all of the data that was readded.
They claim that this could mean one of two things. Either Star Wars Lightsabers will return to Fortnite in the near future. Or Epic is working on a weapon based on the lightsaber’s pre-existing mechanics.
If Lightsabers are added to Fortnite, we can expect it to accompany a return of skins and maybe some other Star Wars announcement.
Epic Games usually adds crossover content to promote whoever they are collaborating with. Whether it be a new movie or TV series, the Lightsabers could be used as a promotional tool for new Star Wars content.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Klombos and Klomberries in Chapter 3.
Fortnite: Where to find Pizza Party item and what it does
Fortnite Chapter 3 is adding a new Pizza Party item that allows players to restore their shields through the power of pizza.
If you’re wanting to switch up your diet in Fortnite, you can use the Pizza Party item to gain shield and fill your stomach.
One of Fortnite’s mascots is Tomatohead who is also the mascot for the fictional restaurant Pizza Pit. This is a POI that has appeared in Fortnite for several seasons.
It’s one of the many fictional restaurants that have appeared in-game along with Durrr Burger, Sitcks, and Butter Barn.
However, players haven’t been able to enjoy any of the food from these restaurants until now. Pizza Pit’s ovens are on and players can finally enjoy eight slices of cheesy goodness.
How to get Pizza Party item in Fortnite
The Pizza Party is a pizza box containing eight slices of pizza. In addition to cheese and sauce, each slice is topped with a Shield Mushroom that restores 50 shield.
Each box has 8 slices, but each slice can only get players up to 50 shield similar to minis. Players can find Pizza Party boxes in the normal loot pool.
As well, players can purchase a Pizza Box for 50 gold from the Tomatohead NPC. He is located in Tilted Tower, and he only has 4 Pizza Boxes in stock.
According to Hypex, the Pizza Party box will be added to Fortnite on Tuesday, January 25.
For a measly 200 gold, players can pick up 1,600 shield. However, we don’t know how long it takes to eat a slice. And this would also require players to give up two item slots.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Spider-Man’s web shooters in Chapter 3.
Best Controller settings for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
If you’re looking to take your game to the next level, then you need to make sure you have the...
The 5 most hated skins in Fortnite
The Fortnite community is no fan of these skins.
How to get Fortnite Inflate-A-Bulls and how to use them
Epic Games have added another disguise to Fortnite Season 8 following the v17.10 update, and they’re called Inflate-A-Bulls. If you...