Creative Mode has taken on a life of its own since it was released. The mode opened the door to creators, allowing them to make their own maps. Since then, we’ve seen deathruns, mazes, trivia maps, Zone Wars, boxfighting maps, and a whole lot more.
The latter two map types are the most popular with a lot of players. Each Creative Fill lobby will usually have several people playing these modes. They’re a great way to practice your mechanics in a practical setting – one that many of us will encounter in-game.
What’s the worst part of Zone Wars? Dying early and having to watch the game play out. Usually, you’re sitting and waiting while the last two people play the game as if there’s $1 million on the line, dragging it out for several minutes.
The constant downtime – along with getting bodied by high-skilled players – is one of the primary reasons that players quit during a Zone Wars match. After a few rounds, the lobby usually widdles-down to two or three players.
One Fortnite creator made a map that optimizes downtime. Instead of having to wait for the game to be finished, you’ll enter aim training parkour, free build, or boxfighting maps with the rest of the eliminated players.
The map is currently featured in the Creative Hub on the far left. You can also load it up with the code: 7164-5433-3287. We played this mode and it’s a lot of fun.
Players tend to stick around for a lot longer when there’s something to do after you die. Usually, players who constantly die early-on don’t want to want to stick around. This isn’t the case in Purgatory Zone Wars.
We suggest checking this out if you’re in a Creative Fill match. It’s an awesome take on Zone Wars that keeps players engaged, meaning you won’t have to constantly search for new lobbies.
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes: Venom Skin, Creative changes & more
Venom joins the fight in Fortnite Battle Royale, and there are lots of changes in Creative in the 14.60 update. There’s still no official patch notes from Epic Games, but we’ve brought together everything you need to know here.
Despite being the final update of Season 4, it looks like the bulk of the new content will be coming at the start of the new season instead.
Although there’s no complete patch notes, we can still put together all the changes here, along with the email sent out to content creators with the main features.
Venom is the highlight of this update. You can play for a chance to earn his skin the Venom cup.
The skin pack includes a Venom emote, symbiote slasher pickaxe, and tendril tote back bling. Check out the skin in-game:
XP Xtravaganza Part Two
XP Xtravaganza Part 2 starts this week: “Get the whole squad together and take on these party-wise challenges to finish out the Battle Pass in style,” Epic explain.
Houseparty x Fortnite video chat
Fortnite has teamed up with Houseparty to bring a brand new video chat feature.
Houseparty video chat will be available to Fortnite players on PC, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. Players will also need an iOS or Android mobile device with the Houseparty app installed. With the app installed, connect your Houseparty account to your Epic Games account to get started.”
Taken from an official blog post to the Fortnite website, Epic Games detailed specific changes for Creative mode.
- You can now hide the Elimination Feed and mute Elimination Audio to encourage sneaky sniping!
- Updated the Hub Island portal layout to accommodate the recent updates to hub creator guidelines.
ISLANDS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the time of day lighting appeared differently on featured islands and personal islands.
- Added a new option to My Island > Settings
- Player Elimination Audio: Off, On (Default: On) – causes eliminated players to be despawned silently.
- Added new options to My Island > UI
- Hide Elimination Feed: Yes, No (Default: No) – completely hides the elimination feed during the game.
- Hide Party Eliminations: Yes, No (Default: No) – hides the number of eliminations for each party member in the Party UI during the game.
GAMEPLAY BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where an eliminated player could spectate a player on the enemy team.
- Fixed an issue where Team Size did not limit the number of players when Join in Progress was set to ‘Spawn Next Round’.
- Fixed an issue where the sky would flicker on PS4.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the X-4 Stormwing was de-synced after player interaction.
- Fixed an issue where husks did not fall off edges to follow players.
CREATIVE TOOLS AND PHONE BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where players could not open the Creative Inventory after cutting and pasting a device.
- Fixed an issue where the Creative Inventory appeared distorted when customizing a device.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES BUG FIXES
- Fixed a collision issue with the pillar wall asset from the Princess Castle Wall galleries.
- Fixed an issue with the bush from Winter Variant Foliage Gallery A having a yellow glow.
- Fixed an issue with a bridge girder asset from the Steel Bridge galleries being difficult to place with the phone.
- Fixed an issue with some of the Steel Bridge prefabs & galleries placing outside of the preview boundary.
- Fixed an issue with the bridge street asset from the Steel Bridge set having a misaligned grid snap box.
- Fixed an issue with assets from the Swamp Cliff Gallery displaying the wrong texture.
- Added new options to the Class Selector device.
- Activation Audio: On, Off (Default: On) – allows the audio effect played when a player changes class to be muted.
- Zone Audio: On,Off (Default: On) – allows the ambient audio effect for the zone and the audio effects for players entering and leaving the zone to be muted.
- Added new options to the Mutator Zone device.
- Selected Team: None, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Team: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Team option to allow the zone to affect all teams (Selected Team = None), just the Selected Team, or every team except the Selected Team.
- Selected Class: None, Any, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Class: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Class option to allow the zone to affect all classes (Selected Class = Any), players without a class (Selected Class = None), just the Selected Class, or every class except the Selected Class.
- Update Selected Team When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Team on the device to be the same team as the player who instigated the signal.
- Update Selected Class When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Class on the device to be the same class as the player who instigated the signal.
DEVICES BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the Player Spawn Pad’s lighting being too bright on PS5 during mixed island filters.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone Class Selected option was offset by 1.
Fortnite 14.60 bug fixes
As per usual, the Fortnite team has also added a number of bugs and issues to their official Trello board. This week’s patch actually only has a few fixes included but will cover the battle royale, Creative mode, and even Save the World.
Here is the full list of bug fixes coming in v14.60:
- Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X/S.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Doctor Doom’s Mystical Bomb disabled in competitive playlists.
- Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
Save the World
- Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.
How to get your Creative Island featured in Fortnite this winter
Winter is coming to Fortnite Creative Mode, giving players a chance to have their winter-themed map featured in the Hub.
Fortnite Creative Mode has been one of the under-the-radar drivers behind Fortnite’s success. It allows players to continuously enjoy the game – even if they don’t like what’s going on on the base island.
Creative Mode has gotten us through some dark times in Fortnite. It was this writer’s primary mode of play during the Season X debacle, and even served as a refuge during the zombie apocalypses that was Fortnitemares 2020.
The Creative community continues to offer engaging and interesting game modes for the player base to explore – whether it’s as simple as a Box Fight/FFA map or an intricately designed maze that requires patients and an attention to detail.
This winter, Epic are bringing back a fan-favorite Creative competition that allows players like you to see their island creations featured in the Creative Hub and matchmaking portals.
The promotion is titled #FrostyFortnite and allows creators a chance to have their winter-themed Creative island featured for several days or even weeks.
Some of the winners from last winter include snowball fight maps, a snowy free-for-all, some wintery box fighting, and many more.
Submissions for this competition close on December 15, so make sure to create your island and fill out the official form here. You’ll need to choose the “Seasonal Event” tag when submitting your island to be considered for this promotion.
Even players who don’t make the cut can share their creations on social media using the hashtag #FrostyFortnite. Good luck!
How to complete Fortnite Birthday Bash challenges & rewards
To celebrate three years since Fortnite Battle Royale was released, back on September 26 2017, Epic Games have started the Birthday Bash event, with new challenges to complete.
In addition to the challenges, there are rewards, some festive changes to the map, the battle bus, and birthday presents dotted around the map.
Epic’s announcement says: “During the celebration, you’ll notice some festive changes around the Island. The Battle Bus is sporting a fresh new paint job to mark the occasion, and after dropping in, find yourself a Birthday Present and see what’s inside.”
Birthday Bash Challenges
These challenges will be available from September 26 to October 1, but thankfully most are straightforward.
You can see them all below (via FortniteFevers).
The one challenge that might cause you some trouble though, is dancing in front of different birthday cakes.
- Read More: Where to find Wolverine in Fortnite
To help, here is a map of locations for the birthday cakes on the Fortnite island, via FortniteInsider.
Fortnite Birthday Cake locations
Here’s a look at the rewards available.
For creative players, there’s also some new content there, with the Princess Castle prefab now available.
You can submit a creation using the Princess Castle by October 6 for a chance to be featured in the first official Box Fight tournament as part of an upcoming Wild Wednesday tournament.
Fortnite Galactus event: Nexus War start date and time
The exact date and time for the Nexus War finale in Fortnite has been confirmed, and there is little time...
All leaked Fortnite skins & cosmetics from v14.60
Fortnite v14.60 brought leaked skins, pickaxes, and more cosmetics to the game.
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes: Venom Skin, Creative changes & more
Venom joins the fight in Fortnite Battle Royale, and there are lots of changes in Creative in the 14.60 update....