Epic Games announced that Glider Redeploy will be coming back to Fortnite as an item in v7.20.
On January 14, it was revealed that Glider Redeploy will actually be returning to Fortnite, but in a different way than before.
Glider Redeploy will now be ‘itemized,’ meaning that a Glider will now take up an inventory slot and use ‘charges.’
Once all of the charges are used, then the Glider Redeploy item will be finished.
Players will be able to find the Glider Redeploy item in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Llamas.
You can view the entire announcement from Epic Games below.
- The Gliders item will take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you do not need to select the item.
- Each deploy will remove one charge, when all charges are used the item disappears.
- Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-to-Go, and LTM respawns will not consume a charge, as these put you in Skydiving mode.
- The new Glider Redeploy item can be found in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.
What about Soaring 50s or other large team modes?
When you drop from the Battle Bus you will automatically be granted a Glider item with 50 charges. (This counts as being put into Skydiving mode which will not consume a charge of the Glider item.)
We’ll be watching the item closely and adjusting as necessary so please be vocal with your discussion and feedback!”
More to come.