Fortnite’s Creative Mayhem event has returned just in time for Valentine’s Day, and players can earn a couple of free festive cosmetics.
Less than a year ago, Epic Games hosted the first-ever Fortnite Creative Mayhem event. By playing for 30 minutes on a specific Creative map, players could earn some free cosmetics.
These cosmetics included a free harvesting tool and a spray. The rewards this time around and pretty similar, but have a Valentine’s Day theme.
Here’s how to unlock the free Fortnite Creative Mayhem cosmetics this Valentine’s season.
Earn free Fortnite Creative Mayhem cosmetics
There are two cosmetic items players can unlock, and both have different unlock criteria. For the Valentine’s Day Creative Mayhem event, players can earn the Love Reigns Emoticon and Mace of Hearts Pickaxe.
To earn the Love Reigns Emoticon, all you have to do is sign up for the event at creativemayhem.fortnite.com. You don’t have to submit a time. Just visit the event page and log in to your Epic Games account.
However, players will probably be more interested in the Mace of Hearts Pickaxe. This can be unlocked after signing up by playing on the Creative Mayhem map for 30 minutes. The map will be featured in the Creative Hub, or via the Island Code: 7266-3680-0768.
The Fortnite Creative Mayhem event will last from February 7th – 14th, after which the cosmetic items will be gone for good. To redeem the items, players just need to log back into their Fortnite account once the challenges are completed.
For more Fortnite, check out how to unlock The Foundation skin in Chapter 3 Season 1.
Fortnite Omni Chip locations: how to upgrade Omni Sword in Season 2
Fortnite Season 2 introduces a pickaxes called the Omni Sword that players can customize using Omni Chips. Here’s how to get them!
Epic Games has introduced Omni Chips in Fortnite Season 2 which players can use to customize the new Omni Sword.
With each new Fortnite season, players can look forward to a new form of currency used to unlock different cosmetics. In seasons past, players had to collect feathers, paint cans, and alien artifacts.
Now, Fortnite Season 2 introduces Omni Chips. This seasonal currency can be used by players to unlock customization options for the Omni Sword.
Here’s how to unlock the Omni Sword and where to find Omni Chips in Fortnite Season 2.
Where to find Omni Chips in Fortnite Season 2
In order to start collecting Omni Chips, players first need to unlock the Omni Sword Pickaxe. This is on page one of the Battle Pass and can be purchased for 7 Battle Stars.
Now that players have the sword, it’s time to start collecting Omni Chips. Each week, players will be given a new set of Omni Sword quests that reward them with Omni Chips once completed.
The quests are as simple as visiting specific locations and collecting Omni Chips. The maps below will show where that week’s chips are located starting with week 1.
Week 1 Omni Chip locations
Collect Omni chips at Greasy Grove, Logjam Lumberyard, and Mighty Monument:
Week 2 Omni Chip locations
Collect Omni Chips at Loot Landing, The Temple, and Chonkers Speedway.
Week 3 Omni Chip Locations
Collect Omni Chips at Synapse Station, Sanctuary, and Camp Cuddle.
Week 4 Omni Chip Locations
Collect Omni Chips at The Daily Bugle, Condo Canyon, and Windbreakers.
Week 5 Omni Chip Locations
Collect Omni Chips at Rocky Reels, Launchpad, and Shifty Shafts.
Week 6 Omni Chip locations
Collect Omni Chips at Seven Outpost II, Crispy Crater, and Tumbledown Temple.
Week 7 Omni Chip Locations
Collect Omni Chips at Sleepy Sounds, Command Cavern, and Cuddle Cruisers.
Week 8 Omni Chip Locations
Collect Omni Chips at The Joneses, Shell or High Water, and Coney Crossroads.
It’s important to note that while the challenges are released weekly, they won’t expire until the end of the season. Meaning you can wait until the last minute to collect all of the Omni Chips.
For more Fortnite, check out how to unlock Prowler in Season 2.
All Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 weekly seasonal challenges
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 has a ton of weekly challenges to complete, and here is a list of every one including how much XP they’re worth.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 has new challenges released every week, and here you can find every seasonal challenge!
A new season means a new Battle Pass for players to grind. With 100+ tiers of exclusive cosmetics, players will need a ton of XP to claim them all.
The best way to gain a lot of XP in a short period of time is to complete challenges. Luckily, Epic Games releases new challenges each week that players can complete. And the best part, the challenges don’t expire until the end of the season.
So, whether you’re trying to catch up at the end of the season, or are looking for this week’s challenges, you’ve come to the right place. Here is every weekly Seasonal challenge in Fortnite Season 2.
Fortnite Season 2 Week 1 challenges
- Spend Bars x 500 – 20k XP
- Collect a Drum Shotgun and a Combat SMG in a single match – 20k XP
- Mantle onto a ledge within 3 seconds of sprinting x 3 – 20k XP
- Use a Repair Torch to fix a vehicle x 200 – 20k XP
- Search chests on IO Airships x 3 – 20k XP
- Deal damage to IO forces x 500 – 20k XP
- Launch yourself 150 meters from a Siege Cannon – 20k XP
Fortnite Season 2 Week 2 challenges
- Travel 300 meters in a tank – 20k XP
- Damage opponents with Exotic weapons x 150 – 20k XP
- Visit Sanctuary, Tilted Towers, and Command Cavern – 20k XP
- Deal shotgun damage to opponents within 5 seconds of sprinting x 200 – 20k XP
- Purchase a weapon of Rare rarity or higher from a vending machine – 20k XP
- Destroy structures using Remote Explosives x 25 – 20k XP
- Collect a weapon while sliding – 20k XP
Fortnite Season 2 Week 3 challenges
- Use an Ascender at Chonker’s Speedway and Command Cavern – 20k XP
- Search chests and ammo boxes at IO Outposts x 3 – 20k XP
- Mod a vehicle with a Cow Catcher – 20k XP
- Damage opponents from 30 or more meters with the revolver x 100 – 20k XP
- Deal damage to opponents at Synapse Station or The Daily Bugle x 75 – 20k XP
- Emote within 10m of a character – 20k XP
- Gain shields by consuming foragables x 50 – 20k XP
Fortnite Season 2 Week 4 challenges
- Travel in the air with a jetpack x 100 seconds – 20k XP
- Visit Gas Stations in a Battle Bus x 3 – 20k XP
- Get three seconds of airtime after being hit by a Shockwave Grenade – 20k XP
- Eliminate IO forces within a single match x 3 – 20k XP
- Catch or collect a Thermal Fish – 20k XP
- Accept a bounty from a bounty board within 30 seconds of landing – 20k XP
- Deal damage to opponents with a harvesting tool x 75 – 20k XP
Fortnite Season 2 Week 5 challenges
- Headshot IO Forces with a Sniper at Command Cavern or a battle location x 3 – 20k XP
- Hit an opponent twice using the Ranger Shotgun without receiving damage
- Heal The Seven forces with Med Mist at a battle location
- Damage an opponent within 10 seconds of mantling
- Fall 10 stories or more without taking damage
- Damage opponent vehicles with the Heavy Sniper x 600
- Destroy structures with a Light Machine Gun x 10
Fortnite Season 2 Week 6 challenges
- Deal 100 damage or more to an opponent with one bullet
- Mantle 5 times in 5 seconds
- Hit an opponent’s tank with a pistol while crouched x 200 damage
- Get three seconds of air time in a tank
- Throw cabbage 100 or more meters in one toss
- Deal 150 damage to opponents while you are falling
- With a Striker Burst rifle, hit an opponent 4 times in a row without unscoping
Fortnite Season 2 Week 7 challenges
- Destroy a turret using Remote Explosives
- Visit five different named locations in a single match
- Disable a tank by damaging the engine
- Recover three stolen Seven supplies at IO locations
- Destroy 200 structures with the Cow Catcher
- Deal 300 headshot damage with the Striker Burst Rifle
- Damage five opponents with the Repair Torch
Fortnite Season 2 Week 8 challenges
- Deal 150 Damage to opponents from 10 meters or less with the Drum Shotgun
- Travel 1000 meter in the Choppa
- Plant 3 saplings at Bomb Crater Clusters
- Detonate 2 Remote Explosives while sliding
- Call in an Air Strike on a tank
- Refuel a Repair Torch at a Gas Pump
- Deal 500 damage to enemies with the Combat SMG
Fortnite Season 2 Bonus Goals
On top of weekly challenges, players have additional Bonus Goals they can reach by completing challenges. The Fortnite Season 2 Bonus Goals are as follows:
- Complete 9 Season Quests – 40k XP
- Complete 11 Season Quests – 40k XP
- Complete 14 Season Quests – 40k XP
We will continue to update this article as more seasonal quests are released. Until then, check out where to find all of the Omni Chips in Fortnite.
All Stormtrooper Checkpoint locations in Fortnite Season 2
Players will have to visit Stormtrooper Checkpoints in Fortnite Season 2 to complete the May the 4th challenges. Here’s where they’re located!
Star Wars content has returned to Fortnite, and a few of the limited-time challenges require players to visit the new Stormtrooper NPCs.
In honor of Star Wars day, lightsabers and E-11 Blasters have returned to Fortnite Season 2. Furthermore, players can earn a free Star Wars cosmetic item by completing the limited-time challenges.
However, that’s easier said than done. Players will have to perform a variety of tasks across several matches to earn the Empire Player Banner.
A few of the quests require the player to visit a Stormtrooper Checkpoint which is home to friendly Stormtrooper NPCs. Here is where you can find each one.
Fortnite Stormtrooper Checkpoint locations
Unlike the previous times Stormtroopers have been in Fortnite, this time around they won’t attack on sight. In fact, players can talk and purchase the E-11 Blaster Rifle for 100 gold from them.
There are four challenges that have to be completed before May 17 that require players to visit the troops. They are:
- Land at a Stormtrooper Checkpoint, then place top 25
- Complete a bounty from a Stormtrooper
- Damage opponents within 30 meters using the E-11 Blaster Rifle (1,000)
- Drive a vehicle from Chonker’s Speedway or Logjam Lumberyard to a Stormtrooper Checkpoint
Since there are only three Stormtrooper checkpoints in Fortnite (and the map is so big) they might be hard to find. Below is a map that shows all three locations.
The checkpoints will be along the roadway with several roadblocks set up. While there are two or three Stormtroopers at each checkpoint, they don’t attack the player unless provoked.
Building returns to Fortnite as permanent “Zero Build” mode is announced
Building is back in Fortnite's core modes, but a new Zero Build mode has been announced that continues the experience...
All Tier 100 Fortnite Battle Pass Skins ranked
Fortnite has given us a long list of Battle Pass skins. Here, we're ranking all of the tier-100 Battle Pass...
How Fortnite Overshields work in Chapter 3 Season 2
Fortnite Season 2 has added Overshields which add 50 health to ther player's base health, and it recharges after taking...