Growing esports organization, Guild, has announced a new signing in two-time EU FNCS champ Tai “TaySon” Starčič.
Guild esports continue to pad their EU Fortnite roster with another top-tier signing. On February 2, the organization announced that they were bringing on back-to-back EU FNCS champion Tai “TaySon” Starčič.
Although they’re new on the scene, Guild esports has quickly become a top contender in the EU Fortnite region. In only the past few months, the org has signed Flikk, Hen, Anas, and now TaySon.
At only 16 years old, TaySon has earned over $200,000 over the course of his Fortnite career, with most of those earnings coming recently. TaySon has back-to-back FNCS titles, including one in both Solos and Trios.
“2020 was a landmark year for Guild Esports and Fortnite, with our talented roster dominating the competition to make us the current number 1 Fortnite team in the EU,” Grant Rousseau, Guild’s Director of Esports, said.
“Signing TaySon shows that we have no plans to slow down in 2021 – we’re ready to take things to another level and cement our position as the Fortnite team to beat. We’re the squad to watch out for this year, and we’re ready for our rivals to try to catch us”.
““I’m really proud of how far I’ve come and to be ranked as the number one player in Europe – now I’m ready to take the next step with Guild,” TaySon added.
“I’m determined to make myself into an even better player with the help and support of my new team and bring home trophies for Guild. You’ll be seeing us take over the league tables again soon, so you better keep watching!”
TaySon will represent his new organization in the upcoming Season 5 FNCS along with the likely trio of MrSavage and iDrop. We’re excited to see what’s next for him.
Clix & Tarik Cohen win second straight Fortnite Streamer Bowl
The favorites going into the event, Clix, and Tarik Cohen bring home their second Fortnite Streamer Bowl wins. View the full results here.
Clix, XacialT, and Tarik Cohen of the Chicago Bears won the Twitch Rivals Fortnite Streamer Bowl 2, giving Clix and Cohen their second straight win.
It should come as no surprise that one of the best players in the game, Clix, and his Duo partner from last year, Tarik Choen, only got better when they added a cracked community champion to their team.
The Trio of Tarik Cohen, Clix, and XacialT won the Fortnite Streamer Bowl 2, giving the former two players their second-straight victory in the event.
Clix is one player who knows how to dominate in the current Fortnite meta. With so few mobility options, he and his team constantly secured high-ground and controlled the lobby. When they didn’t they looked to pick off less experienced players on the low-ground.
The rest of the standings didn’t play out as predictably as the winners of the event, with some underdogs rising to the occasion.
Streamer Bowl 2 results
The Streamer Bowl 2 was tightly contested, with some of the OGs of competitive Fortnite proving that they still have it. Scoped and The Long Shots tied with Washed Boomers, led by Scoped’s old Duo teammate and Fortnite legend, Tfue.
After Tfue was Nate Hill’s team, The Hills, followed by Sommerset’s Winterset and EmadGG’s GGs Only. As Tfue pointed out throughout the tournament, many of these young Fortnite pros were getting beat by a Minecraft speed-runner.
The results outside of the top five are as follows:
6. GGs Only: EmadGG, Lynn Bowden, Savixc
7. Chuggas Champs: Chap, James Daniels, prevalesfnbr
8. The Rumblers: StableRonaldo_, Avonte Maddox, Goriadfn
9. Beast Mode: Bugha, Kurt Benkert, dnspectfn
10. Living Legends: Prospering, Saquon Barkley, akaseek
11. Sparkles: sparkes_qt, Graham Glascow, norcalnugz
12. Team Losers: Loserfruit, Amani Oruwariye, crazyggs
13. Cactus Club: Zemie, Calvin Ridley, Nevify
14. Benchwarmers: Aircool, Keenan Allen, grimgnx
15. The Huckleberries: ops1x, Kenyan Drake, 32wanted
16. Loud Ones: Alixxa, Austin Ekeler, jaceimdone
17. Skull Rangers: Tocata, Malcolm Elmore, Zipknow
18. Steamy Stackers: NICKMERCS, Logan Wilson, aliens_fn
19. Three Amigos: Ewok, Kyle Van Noy, mojo1x
20. Time In: – Ninja, Corin Kaufusi, BeastAFK
21. Pew Pew Pews: LosPollosTV, Chase Claypool, CBearFN
22. Avocado Toast: Maddynf, Jonathan Abram, Nukey1x
23. Quack Attack: DuckyTheGamer, Dalton Schultz, Senexfn
24. Skull Troopers: SypherPK, Kyler Murray, Committedg
25. The Controllers: Aydan, Jarvis Landry, Toomzy
26. Eh Team: NickEh30, Trey Quinn, Dawnswrld
27. Block Party: Fresh, Justin Jefferson, Ritix
28. Absolute zeroes: elded, Eddie Vanderdoes, adanfnn
29. Team 2K: Reverse2K, Baker Mayfield, UlitimateGG_
30. Aniquiladores: JuanSGuarnizo, Rick Lovato, Code_cloutzzy
This was another entertaining event for Fortnite fans, and it didn’t go the way a lot of viewers predicted. Sure, Clix was the favorite going into the event after winning last year, but the top five probably didn’t look how you thought it would when the event ended.
We’re excited to see the Streamer Bowl 3 next year and more events like it. Invitational Fortnite tournaments are always inherently entertaining, as viewers get to see household names battle it out. Hopefully, we can get some more of these while we wait.
How to watch the Fortnite Streamer Bowl 2 ft. Clix, Tfue, Ninja & more
The Twitch Rivals Fortnite Streamer Bowl 2 is kicking off tonight. Here’s everything you need to know to get ready for the event.
The Twitch Rivals Fortnite Streamer Bowl is almost here. Take a look at everything you need to know about how to watch the Streamer Bowl 2.
On February 4, the second annual Twitch Rivals Streamer Bowl will kick off, pitting some of the best players in the world against NFL pros for $1 million in charity money.
Last year’s event was one of the most entertaining competitive Fortnite events we’ve ever seen, and this year promises to be more of the same.
Ahead, we’ll cover the format, teams, and how to watch the event.
Streamer 2 Bowl teams
The Streamer Bowl 2 will be a trios tournament, with each team comprised of one streamer/pro player, one NFL player, and one community champion who won their spot on the roster.
There are 30 total teams, which means only 90 players will be in the match rather than the traditional 100. Here’s a look at all of the teams battling for the $1 million in charity prizes.
- The Shotties: Clix, Tarik Cohen, Xacial
- Beast Mode: Bugha, Kurt Benkert, dnspectfn
- The Rumblers: StableRonaldo_, Avonte Maddox, Goriadfn
- The Long Shots: Scoped, Ju Ju Smith-Schuster, bounde_maxo
- Skull Rangers: Tocata, Malcolm Elmore, Zipknow
- Winterset: Sommerset, Jake Burt, axytal
- Skull Troopers: SypherPK, Kyler Murray, Committedg
- Team 2K: Reverse2K, Baker Mayfield, UlitimateGG_
- The Hills: Nate Hill, Christian McCaffery, JonJon69
- Benchwarmers: Aircool, Keenan Allen, grimgnx
- Living Legends: Prospering, Saquon Barkley, akaseek
- Block Party: Fresh, Justin Jefferson, Ritix
- The Controllers: Aydan, Jarvis Landry, Toomzy
- GGs Only: EmadGG, Lynn Bowden, Savixc
- Pew Pew Pews: LosPollosTV, Chase Claypool, CBearFN
- Eh Team: NickEh30, Trey Quinn, Dawnswrld
- Loud Ones: Alixxa, Austin Ekeler, jaceimdone
- Three Amigos: Ewok, Kyle Van Noy, mojo1x
- Washed Boomers: Tfue, Aaron Jones, griffinmat
- Time In: – Ninja, Corin Kaufusi, BeastAFK
- The Huckleberries: ops1x, Kenyan Drake, 32wanted
- Absolute zeroes: elded, Eddie Vanderdoes, adanfnn
- Quack Attack: DuckyTheGamer, Dalton Schultz, Senexfn
- Chuggas Champs: Chap, James Daniels, prevalesfnbr
- Aniquiladores: JuanSGuarnizo, Rick Lovato, Code_cloutzzy
- Cactus Club: Zemie, Calvin Ridley, Nevify
- Team Losers: Loserfruit, Amani Oruwariye, crazyggs
- Avocado Toast: Maddynf, Jonathan Abram, Nukey1x
- Sparkles: sparkes_qt, Graham Glascow, norcalnugz
- Steamy Stackers: NICKMERCS, Logan Wilson, aliens_fn
How to watch the Fortnite Streamer Bowl 2
This is a Twitch Rivals event, so you’ll only be able to watch it on Twitch. The broadcast begins at 3 PM PST on February 4.
You can watch the perspective of any of the competitors, or watch the official broadcast on the Twitch Rivals channel, embedded below.
The first Fortnite Streamer Bowl was one of the most entertaining competitive Fortnite events of all-time. We had the biggest names in the game fighting it out – whether they were top-tier pros or content creators known for taking fall damage.
It will be the same thing this year, only in the trios format. We can’t wait to see the stacked end games and memorable moments the event generates.
Zayt returns to Fortnite after three-week retirement
Fortnite pro, Williams ‘Zayt’ Aubin, announced his return to Fortnite only three weeks after his retirement.
NRG star, Williams “Zayt” Aubin, has returned to competitive Fortnite after announcing his retirement three weeks ago.
Zayt has been one of the only players who has stuck through competitive Fortnite through thick and thin. The NRG pro has been one of the best in the game since the competitive scene first emerged, and remained at the top of the heap through several seasons of the game.
This was why it was such a shock to see the Fortnite icon retire from the game on January 12, 2021. Zayt told his fans and followers that he’d be moving onto coaching and content creation rather than focusing on winning events.
Zayt didn’t give an exact reason for his departure, but a lot of fans assumed that it was related to the dwindling prize pool in competitive Fortnite.
Only days after Zayt announced his retirement, however, Epic Games made an announcement that gave a lot of Fortnite pros what they wanted. They combined platforms for the FNCS, uniting all competitors and nearly doubling the prize pool as a result.
On January 30, after playing the DreamHack tournament with BenjyFishy, Zayt tweeted that he missed competing and wanted to come back. “I am at a point where I would regret not competing and wasting my gift for the game,” he wrote.
Although Zayt never mentioned the prize pool as his reason for quitting or coming back to Fortnite, he was vocal about it in the past. We’d be surprised if it didn’t have some bearing on his decision.
We didn’t even need to experience a full competitive Fortnite season without Zayt – one of the best to ever do it. We’re excited to see how he and his team fair in the upcoming Season 5 FNCS.
All love potion locations for Fortnite Season 5 Week 11 challenges
Here are all locations of Grimbles’ love potion from Fort Crumpet, Coral Cove, or Stealthy Stronghold for the Fortnite Season...
Ninja goes off on the Fortnite community after getting stream sniped
Ninja returned to Fortnite to find the same old stream snipers. As expected, he gave them a piece of his...
Fortnite Season 5 Week 10 Challenge guide
The Fortnite Season 5 Week 10 challenges are here. Take a look at all of the weekly quests and how...