Fortnite’s Gifting system has once again returned for a limited time following an announcement by Epic Games.
As of Wednesday, April 3rd, Gifting is live in Fortnite for a limited time.
An end-date for this Gifting period has yet to be announced. Gifting was last active from February 18th to February 22nd, a period of just 4 days.
Gifting is back for a limited time!— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 3, 2019
Hop in and surprise a friend with a present.
Many fans are curious why Epic Games doesn’t permanently enable Gifting in Fortnite, as opposed to short bursts of the feature being active.
How it works
When you go into the Item Shop and choose an item to purchase, you will now be presented with two options: one saying “Purchase Items” and another saying “Buy As A Gift”.
Select “Buy As A Gift” and you’ll be able to choose which friend you want to send the gift to. You can then add a custom message if you would like. After that, you’re done! Your friend will receive a gift box with the item the next time they log in.
In order for you to be able to gift an item, there are a few things that you must do first:
- Make sure you have Multi-factor authentication enabled on your account. If you’re not sure how to get this setup then check out the instructions here.
- You must have been friends with somebody for at least 48 hours before you can send a gift to them.
- You will only be able to gift three times within a 24 hour period.
- Any gifts that are purchased are NOT refundable.
- You can only gift an item that is currently available in the Item Shop.
Don’t want to receive any gifts? You can disable receiving gifts under Account Settings in game.