The Getaway is returning in patch v8.10 for Fortnite and remains the same experience that it was. The Challenges for the upcoming LTM have now been leaked.
The Getaway is a mode that revolves around players attempting to steal and deliver high value Jewels. Get a Jewel, hop in a getaway van, and secure that Victory Royale.
There are no details on the time at which The Getaway officially returns. All Fortnite clients are currently displaying Disco Domination as the LTM mode. We’ll inform you in an article when the game mode goes live.
You can see the full rules/features of the game mode listed below for your convenience:
- Jewels can be found in special supply drop safes, located along the edge of the first storm circle. The safes take a long time to open, so make sure the area is clear before attempting to claim a Jewel!
- Four Jewels will be in play on the map at all times. If a player escapes with a Jewel or one is lost in the Storm, a new Supply Drop will bring a replacement.
- Four total getaway vans will be on the map, three that arrive early in the match and one more that shows up near the end.
- The goal is to find or steal a Jewel and take it to one of the vans in order to secure a Victory Royale.
- Once they arrive, Safe drops and getaway vans will be visible on the map at all times.
- When a Jewel is picked up, it will be visible on the map to everyone for 30 seconds.
- Carrying a Jewel will give players health & shields over time, but also slow them down by 10%.
- Getaway vans float in mid-air, Jewel carriers must build up and then interact with them in order to complete a Getaway.
- 10 red “Pursuit” supply drops land at the very beginning of the match. These carry a variety of longer-range weapons and other items, and are the only way to obtain the new Grappler in this mode.
- Only Rare weapons or better will be found in this mode.
- Rifts, Rift-to-Go and Launchpads have been removed to reduce mobility for healthier Getaway Van engagements.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode, but Umbrellas are not awarded for wins
- The ATK has been temporarily brought back in this mode as it is the only 4 person ground vehicle.
The Challenges for the LTM have already leaked to the public and they look to be a lot of fun. Each Challenge has a reward linked to it as with previous LTM event challenges. The original tweet with the challenges can be viewed below, curiosity of @s1IOx.
The new Getaway challenges! pic.twitter.com/lraZc7sT50— s1l0x (@s1l0x) March 12, 2019
The Challenges include winning Getaway matches with 1, 3, and 5 wins being rewarded. Using the Grappler in 5 different matches of The Getaway will also net you a loading screen.
Dealing damage to Jewel carrying opponents will get you a special Suits of Cards spray that you can show off at a later date to all those that didn’t participate in the LTM.
Rounding things off we have the grabbing a Jewel in 3 different matches. The feat will grab your account a sweet new Trail to boast as you hot drop into Tilted Towers or perhaps Lazy Lagoon.
The overall prize for completing all Getaway challenges is the prestigious Crowbar. It’s a rare item and will make a great addition into your Pickaxe collection. The road there might be a bit tricky with other players trying to blast their way to you to steal your Jewels.
We wish you the best of luck in The Getaway once it and the challenges go live. We can’t promise you that we won’t be out there trying to steal your beloved Jewels for ourselves, however.