The Fortnite v9.30 Content Update #3 is now live on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. This update brings the new Air Strike to Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode!
With Season 9 quickly coming to a close, Epic Games has released a third v9.30 Content Update with a variety of new additions.
Most notably, the new ‘Air Strike’ item was added in the third v9.30 Content Update, which allows players to throw a canister at a certain location and receive air support from above.
A handful of other changes occurred with the Content Update in Battle Royale, along with Save The World and Fortnite Creative.
Some community members wished that the update brought a bit more to Fortnite, however, it is unknown what Epic Games plan to do for the beginning of Season 10 in a couple of weeks.
Check out the full Patch Notes blog post from Epic Games below…
Throw this down to get help from above!
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! ‘Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Air Strike
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
- The amount of eliminations required for a Victory Royale in the Team Rumble Limited Time Mode has been lowered to 50 from 150 on Switch, Android, and iOS devices.
Sport a new paint job and create off-road courses using Car Gallery B!
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added 4 New Galleries:
- Car Gallery B – which has more car color variants
- Snow & Mud Floor Gallery
- Grass & Sand Floor Gallery
- Lava Floor Gallery
SAVE THE WORLD
One Smasher.. Two Smasher.. Invulnerable Smasher…Modified Smasher.
Don’t trust the Atoms! They make up everything!
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- New Wargames simulation: Double Trouble
- Take two Golden Smashers with cycling modifiers, make them indestructible, and set them loose on your fort.
- If that doesn’t sound horrifying enough, their ill temperament switches between attacking Heroes and the fort.
- A new Wargames simulation means more chances for Event Tickets, a new banner, and more variety to the Daily Wargames Challenges.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- De-Atomizer 9000 launches into the Weekly Store!
- Launches an energy projectile that explodes and shoots 15 sub-projectiles out in all directions. Decimates crowds of weak enemies… and buildings!
- Available from July 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until July 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
What are your thoughts on the changes introduced in this update? If you had the ability to change just one thing about Fortnite, what would you change and why?