Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 2 is now well underway, with Epic Games releasing the v12.20 Update to players on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices on Tuesday, March 17.
Rumors have been circulating since Season 2 kicked off about the impending arrival of a new mode of transport in the form of Helicopters, and after weeks of speculation, Epic Games have finally released the new vehicle on the masses, introducing the Choppa to the game.
On top of that, players can also take part in the Spy Games, a new event with its own Limited Time Mode, and enjoy a host of bug fixes that the developers have implemented to improve quality of life for fans of the battle royale game.
The headline addition to Fortnite in the v12.20 update is the new Choppa, giving players a new and exciting way to travel around the map.
Rumors suggested that the item would only be able to carry one player at a time, but this has proved to be incorrect and will have plenty of room for your entire squad to fly above the map and search for loot or enemies during a match.
- Read More: Legacy aim assist remains in Fortnite
Fortnite becomes the latest battle royale to introduce helicopters, with Call of Duty already utilizing the vehicle in both Blackout and Warzone. At the moment, Choppas are only available in core game modes, and can’t be flown in Arena matches.
- 1500 HP
- Rotors deal 50 damage
- Has a boost
- Can hover
- Takes damage when crashing
- Can fit up to five people
- Does not allow you to re-deploy your glider
- Not available in competitive modes
The first thing that you might notice when you enter Fortnite is the new-and-improved Locker design.
Finally, Epic is giving us the ability to set desired skin combinations and cycle through them. They will likely add more features in the future, but this is a huge improvement from the previous system.
The secret agent theme rolls on in Fortnite Season 2, as more the Spy Games kicks off with a brand-new event and Limited Time Mode added to the game in the latest update.
Players who own the Battle Pass can take part in this new event by dropping into the new LTM named Operation: Dropzone, with a new Tech system introduced that gives players perks that they can use as a way to give them an advantage against their enemies. There will also be a special set of challenges for players to sink their teeth into, which each task offering 80,000 XP as a reward.
As always, Epic Games have also moved to fix a number of bugs and glitches that have been affecting the game, in an attempt to curb any which give players a competitive advantage or affect items in negative ways.
You can view the full list of fixes taken from the developer’s Trello board below.
- Auto-Sprint not resuming once stopped.
- Locker is missing the vault banner.
- Low detail on buildings and structures in Fortnite.
- Player markers not working as they should (placed too far away).
- Players getting stuck inside Fortnite’s Porta Pottys.
- Players unable to use the navigation buttons at the end of a match, such as returning to lobby, reporting players, or going to the Item Shop.
- Unable to place traps when the icon hasn’t loaded up.
As always, Epic has made some under-the-radar changes that they haven’t told anyone about. It’s up to the community to find these changes.
We’ll keep this post updated with all of the changes made to the game as they are uncovered. Here’s what we know, so far:
- Explosion delay between each C4 is increased from 0.3sec to 0.5sec
- Slight delay added to the Grappler