The holiday season is officially here, and Epic Games are ringing in the Christmas period with what is expected to be the final patch of 2019, the v11.31 Update which is live on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.
Fortnite players are eagerly anticipating the release of Winterfest, a brand-new event that replaces the 14 Days of Fortnite extravaganza that took place over the festive season in 2018.
While the v11.31 Update is now live on all platforms, it seems Christmas hasn’t hit Fortnite quite just yet, although leaks suggest it won’t be far away.
Zone Wars returns
The headline addition from the v11.31 Update so far is the return of the Zone Wars LTM. Zone Wars allows players to create their own end-game scenarios in a competition against friends and opponents to see who can be the last player or team standing.
This time, there are two Zone Wars modes, with Solo FFA and Party FFA both making an appearance, alongside four maps in which you can test your combat skills.
The four Zone Wars LTM Maps are:
- Desert by JotaPeGame
- Downhill River by Enigma
- Vortex by Zeroyahero
- Colosseum by Jesgan
The headline attraction to this update is Winterfest, a special holiday event that sees Fortnite take on a special Christmas theme to get everyone in the mood for the holiday season.
Winterfest offers players with free gifts throughout the Christmas period, with skins, pickaxes, emotes, Gliders and more all up for grabs inside the Winterfest Lodge.
Also found inside the Lodge are the Winterfest Challenges, which task players with completing a challenge every day in exchange for rewards and XP.
Finally, some of your favorite weapons and Limited Time Modes are also coming back as part of the ‘Home for the Holidays’ event, which sees them escape from the Vault between December 18 and January 2.
Snow map and new locations
We’re also expecting to see the Fortnite Chapter 2 map covered in snow, and a number of new locations including a ski building, a hotel, and more sprout up on the Fortnite map, but again, there is no sign of these at the moment.
Thanks to data miner HYPEX though, we already know what the map will look like when covered in a layer of the white stuff. You can view the aerial image of the snow-covered Fortnite map below.
There are some bug fixes included in the v11.31 Update, and while Epic Games no longer provide patch notes for players to check, thanks to their Trello page, we can see which issues have been resolved by the developers.
- Fixed issue causing the “Eliminations without aiming down sights” challenge to not track progress properly.
- Fixed issue causing the “Join Party” option through “Joinable Parties” to not work properly when using a controller.
- Players will no longer see the edit option on enemy walls.
- Item Shop timer has been fixed to no longer be out of sync.
- Options within the Class Designer Device will no longer say “option” instead of the correct setting.
- Fixed issue causing memory usage to be increased in creative maps following the v11.30 update.
- Green Christmas Trees will emit light like they did before the v11.30 update.
- Fire/Build button will no longer disappear after jumping in modes with glider redeploy
- Fixed issue causing players to be unable to exit HUD Layout Tool.
- Mobile Tutorial playlist re-enabled.
SAVE THE WORLD
- Scoped snipers will no longer be missing their crosshairs.
- Fixed issue causing heroes to not display in the lobby after playing consecutive missions.