The countdown to Fortnite Chapter 2’s first event of the season – Fortnitemares – is underway, with a patch inbound to release all that juicy content.
Epic Games has been continuing with their regular updates for the popular battle royale title even after the shift from the game just being called Fortnite to Fortnite Chapter 2.
We’ve already had the start of the new chapter patch, as well as a small bug fixing update for October 22 but now Fortnitemares is almost here, so we should be in for some spooky changes. So, let’s take a look at the early patch notes, before Epic Games lay the full list of new content upon us once downtime has finished.
Undoubtedly the biggest and best part of the new update will be the addition of the Fortnitemares. Last year, we saw Epic Games release the Cube Fiends and the Pumpkin Launcher as a part of the holiday celebration – as well as plenty of new cosmetics.
Now, we should probably expect similar this time around, too, considering they usually go all out on their holiday-themed events. What content we’ll get exactly is unknown as of right now, but a few spooky spider traps or a new ghost-themed weapon wouldn’t go amiss.
Although Fortnite Chapter 2 has been pretty successful already, there are still bugs that remain. Epic addressed some FPS problems in the last patch, but issues do remain – just check out the lighthouse at times.
Challenges, too, had been updated to reward players with 52,000 XP for completing a mission pack, but some reported that it was still showing as 14,000 XP. According to the game’s Trello board, hat has been fixed alongside a number of quality of life things that should make your game run and feel a little smoother.
Below, you can find Fortnite v11.10 update patch notes for the bug fixes. Once everything else appears, including Fortnitemares content, we’ll be sure to update the notes!
Fortnite v11.10 update Patch notes
Even in a new world, you can’t hide from your nightmares… Fortnitemares returns with a vengeance.
THE STORM KING CHALLENGES YOU. Squad up with your Friends and face him in the Storm King LTM to stop him from destroying the Island! (Your courage and skill will be rewarded with a special Umbrella.)
Fortnitemares has more in store. Sink your teeth into the community-made game Gun Fright, created by community developer BluDrive!
Partner up in this 2v2 showdown and drop into the middle of a fast-paced firefight. Your skill and communication will be tested over multiple rounds.
The management at Kevolution Energy brought back The Combine to determine which employees are worth keeping.
However, The Combine isn’t the same as it was before — an ancient evil has given it a nightmarish feel. Jump in to compete for the fastest time on the leaderboard!
- Fixed issue causing Replay Mode to be bugged and not work properly
- Mission Challenges will no longer incorrectly display 14,000 XP when they actually give out 52,000 XP
- Fixed issue causing controller input to not work properly for friends search
- Fixed issue causing players who had “auto pick up weapon” enabled to automatically pick up the Bandage Bazooka even if only one inventory slot was available, causing an item from the inventory to be dropped to make room
- Pickaxing player-built structures no longer falseley indicate that it gives materials
- Fixed issue causing controller controls to lock when editing a style in the Locker after making an Item Shop purchase
- Fixed issue causing down-but-not-out teammates to not be able to be revived and picked up when in contact with corn stalks
- Explosive objects will now trigger a Visualized Sound Effect indicator when exploding
- Gunk Ops Achievement will now reward the appropriate credit
- Storm will no longer appear to cover the entire map before its ‘Delay Time’ is over.
- Fixed issue causing edit build mode to appear when using a wireless controller
- The Push-to-Talk icon will no longer disappear from players’ screens when their team is eliminated
- Fixed issue with Dire Human Outfit hair
- Fixed issue causing players in a 1×1 to edit the wall behind them when attempting to edit a floor or roof above them.
This article will be updated when Epic Games releases the official version of their patch notes.