Fortnite Season X has finally arrived, with the v10.0 update for the popular battle royale game officially dropping on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.
It’s been 12 weeks since the start of Season 9, making it one of the longest in Fortnite history, but with Epic’s summer holidays and the incredible World Cup firmly in our rear view mirror, it’s time to turn our attention to the future of Fortnite – and possibly the past as well.
- Read More: When Does Fortnite Season X go-live?
As with other seasons, the Season X patch includes a heap of changes, additions, and removals. This means unvaulted & vaulted weapons, new mechanics, removed and returning locations, and a whole lot more!
The official patch notes officially released Thursday, August 1 at 4:00 AM EST (1:00 AM PST, 9:00 AM BST) and you can catch all the news in full below.
Fortnite Season X v10.0 patch notes
Season X – Battle Pass
New Season, new Battle Pass. 100 levels, over 100 new rewards. Find out more information on everything that’s new in Season X in the announce blog. In Season X, you’ll have the ability to gift the Battle Pass to a friend! Available on all platforms (timing may vary per regions) until August 15th. Your first purchase also includes a unique Gift Box for you to use when gifting items from the shop.
Few suits make you feel as powerful as a mech suit does. In this two-person vehicle, players can control its movement while their partner controls its firepower. Those feeling extra adventurous can operate it solo by switching between moving and shooting!
The Zero Point Explosion has made the island volatile! Locations once thought to be lost are beginning to appear, but they aren’t the same as they once were… Drop in and explore to discover what mysterious gameplay changes they have in store.
Weapons + Items
- This vehicle can be operated by up to two players. If two players are operating it, one (the driver) controls movement, while the other (the gunner) rains down missiles and shotgun shots.
- The driver is able to:
- Dash into combat.
- Super Jump to victory.
- Stomp enemies and structures into the ground.
- Anything you would normally harvest will grant materials when destroyed.
- The passenger has two weapons at their disposal: a shotgun and a missile launcher.
- Clip Size: 10
- Damage: 50
- Headshot Multiplier: 1.5x
- Missile Launcher
- Fires up to 10 missiles at once.
- Holding down Trigger will begin loading missiles.
- After releasing Trigger, or after 10 missiles have been loaded, all missiles will automatically fire.
- New Mechanic: Overshield
- Consumes 200 of any Material type to create a personal overshield for 5 seconds to protect you in the mech.
- Quad Crasher
- Flint Knock Pistol
- Shadow Bomb
- Semi-Auto Sniper
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Mounted Turret
- Air Strike
- Itemized Glider Redeploy (still available in large team modes)
- Over time, we have added many mobility options, both itemized and map-based. We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. As with all changes, we’ll keep a close eye on how this affects the player experience.
- Fixed the Heavy Shotgun not piercing through water in modes where it is available.
- All Campfires now heal vehicles.
- The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle no longer has perfect hip-fire accuracy after aiming down sights.
- Boogie Bombs and Grenades no longer pass through vehicles.
- New Battle Pass feature!
- Missions are a series of thematic objectives that grant rewards. As you complete these objectives, you’ll earn Battle Stars, XP, and exclusive cosmetic items.
- More information about Missions can be found in the Battle Pass and Challenges tabs.
- Fixed an issue involving players getting stuck under a ramp as it’s placed.
- Arena Game Mode updates!
- Season kicks off with Solos and Trios Arena.
- Hype will be reset at the start of Season X, with a new scoring structure in place.
- 10 Divisions – point values have been increased, but progression should be roughly the same. The bolded divisions are new.
- Open I (0 – 499)
- Open II (500 – 999)
- Open III (1000 – 1499)
- Open IV (1500 – 1999)
- Contender I (2000 – 2999)
- Contender II (3000 – 4499)
- Contender III (4500 – 6499)
- Champion I (6500 – 9999)
- Champion II (10000 – 13999)
- Champion III (14000+)
- Scoring model updates – standardized points and bus fares across all playlists.
- Eliminations: 20pt
- Top 25: 60pt
- Top 15: 30pt
- Top 5: 30pt
- Victory Royale: 60pt
- Eliminations: 7pt (per team member)
- Top 8: 60pt
- Top 4: 30pt
- Top 2: 30pt
- Victory Royale: 60pt
- Bus fare increases at Divisions 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Matchmaking in Arena is still based on players with similar Hype. Players in higher divisions may experience longer-than-normal wait times to ensure higher-quality matches.
- Improved level streaming performance for all platforms by optimizing the way assets are preloaded. This reduces cases in which players land on buildings with a low level of detail, particularly on Switch and Xbox One.
Art + Animation
- The Ride the Pony Emote is now a traversal Emote.
- Players who earned the Ride the Pony Emote from the Season 2 Battle Pass have been given a new, additional traversal Emote: Pony Up!
- Added new bullet impact sounds.
- Increased the volume of distant gunfire and Gliders.
- Increased Chest volume and audio range by 10%.
- Ambient sound no longer cuts out when players walk between biomes.
- Pressing the Main Menu button on controllers now defaults focus to the Main Menu (right side of the screen).
- The loading content message will no longer be stuck at 0% when players are matchmaking.
- Fixed a Lobby camera issue when returning from a replay.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the selection of different players in the Lobby after switching from different game modes.
- Selecting Leave Match no longer prevents a player in your party sitting out in the Lobby from entering matchmaking.
- A new camera mode, Battle Map, has been added to server replays. This camera mode shows:
- A path of where the followed player has been during the match.
- The locations of the eliminations the followed player has done during the match.
- Auto-fire system improvements:
- We’ve re-tuned Auto-fire for every weapon with this update and would love specific and detailed weapon feedback so that we can continue to improve it.
- If you want to try it out and don’t use Auto-fire already, go into your HUD settings and enable Auto-fire.
- Added a new setting: Tap to Search/Interact for Controllers.
- Added a message for devices on Android that have the Sensor Pressure settings (S8, S8+, S9, S9+, and Note 9) to inform players about the settings being active.
- Players would unintentionally return to the Home screen due to this setting being active.
- We’ve increased the size of buttons and icons in the following areas:
- The Frontend Lobby tab buttons.
- The Crown for Party leader display icon.
- The Map Marker.
- “First team to reach the elimination goal wins!” message won’t remain throughout the whole match in Team Rumble.
- Exiting a vehicle won’t reload the player’s weapon.
- The button for skipping cutscenes is now visible on Android.
- Vertical black lines aren’t displayed on the Challenges page.
- The Settings Menu will properly display when language is set to Spanish.
- The text on the menu buttons in the Settings Menu is aligned.
- Quick Heal button won’t appear when falling or after opening the map.
- Scaling the Quick Heal button in the HUD Layout Tool won’t cause the icon to change to the item’s icon in the inventory.
- Quick Heal button won’t disappear from the HUD Layout tool when another button is modified.
- Players are able to open doors or Chests while using the ADS button.
- Build mode button will correctly change to the Weapon mode button when pressing it on Android.
- Added header on multiple widgets in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Graphical improvement of CloudBreaker outfit.
- Graphical improvement of the blue variant of the Sea Wolf outfit.
- Freefall icon will be displayed when falling to the map.
- ADS button won’t be displayed when driving a vehicle that you entered while holding a gun.
- When updating the Banner Trooper outfit, players won’t disappear in the Locker, and the proper Banner will be displayed.
- Edit button will be displayed when using passenger seat.
- Screen won’t turn black when looking inside of a body of water.
- Jump button won’t remain greyed out after players press it.
- Audio improvements.
- Fixed the occasional static sounds on Android.
- Tapping with interactable items in Edit mode will no longer cause the camera to lock.
- Player won’t be able to edit through structures.
- Ex: Looking at your wall and being able to edit another structure (floor, ramp, roof).
- Fixed an unopenable Chest near Polar Peak.
B.R.U.T.E.S are the headline addition to Fortnite Season X, allowing players to jump inside the massive mech suit and wreak damage across the island.
A two-person vehicle, the B.R.U.T.E. comes equipped with a shotgun and a missile launcher, and allows the driver to “dash into combat, super jump to victory or stomp enemies and structures into the ground.”
Solo players will not be able to use the machine’s weaponary and move around at the same time, but they will be able to switch between the two positions should they choose too.
Created following the Zero Point explosion, Rift Zones are volatile and unstable areas across the map that include some serious gameplay changes that are sure to revamp your gameplay once you enter them.
The Rift Zones have also brought back legendary locations like Dusty Depot, with the notes stating that they are “starting to reappear,” possibly hinting at even more classic spots popping up on the map again in the near future.
A host of items were placed into the game’s vault to kick of Season X, with controversial vehicle The Baller the headline removal from the game with the v10.0 patch.
Fortnite fans will also be waving goodbye to the Quad Crasher, Flint Knock Pistol, Shadow Bombs, Semi-Auto Snipers, Tacitical Assault Rifles, Mounted Turrets, Air Strikes and Glider Redeploy.
Rest of the Season 10 – v10.0 Patch Notes
Of course, the notes will also include a long list of bug fixes and smaller (though no less impactful) changes.
The beginning of new seasons is always an intense and exciting time for Fortnite fans. Epic Games makes it their priority that the battle royale title is adequately changed each time to ensure a fresh, ready-to-explore experience.
You can view the rest of the Fortnite v10.0 patch notes below.
Advanced Storm Controller
- Now you can replicate the Battle Royale 10 wave storm, or you can create your own multi-phase storm.
Advanced Storm Beacon
- This allows you to customize specific phases or to set the number of phases of the Advanced Storm Controller.
- While in a Weapon-Free Zone, a player cannot fire a weapon, swing a pickaxe, throw a grenade, or use items.
Junkyard Juke LTM
- Bring junk to the incinerator to receive points for your team. The bigger piece of junk, the more points.
Sky Station Showdown LTM
- Battle the other squads to claim the most points from the capture zones! Climb to the top of the Fast Food towers while protecting your VIP! Use impulse grenades and other power ups to blast other teams out of the capture zones!
- Added the Grid Island – A flat island entirely covered with grid squares to help with building measurements. The white grid square marks the center of the island. This island is low to the ocean to give the most room for building possible.
- Added options for Team Rotation to allow for rotating between teams at various rounds.
- Added 3rd, 4th, 5th , 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 20th, 40th, 60th options
- Every Round and Every Other Round are still available, too.
- Added a “Team Visuals Determined At” game option for controlling what cosmetic details (Team Names, Team Colors, etc) are associated with teams in game modes where the teams rotate from round to round.
- Round Start, Game Start (default: Round Start)
- Fixed an issue where players could appear at the wrong location before a game started.
- Fixed an issue where Spawn Immunity would not be cancelled when firing a weapon.
- Fixed an issue with Spawn Immunity Time not actually showing the visual effects for the selected duration.
- The Secondary Ability (Exit Vehicle) button will be visible when in the Baller.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Fixed an issue where players could lose the ability to aim or crouch after using the Prop-O-Matic.
- Fixed an issue with Prop-O-Matic where collisions would no longer work after possessing certain types of props.
- Fixed an issue with Prop-O-Matic with camera positioning when possessing spotlight props.
- Fixed an issue where certain mirror and painting props would have the wrong orientation when possessed by Prop-O-Matic.
- Fixed an issue that caused mounted turrets to drift downward over time.
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added the Risky Reels Prefab.
- Added the Risky Reels Gallery.
- Added more props to the Cabin Prop Gallery.
- Added the campground arch to the Cabin Gallery.
- Added more RV variants and the Snow Cone Truck to Car Gallery A.
- Added additional car colors to Car Gallery B and removed the cars from Car Gallery A.
- Fixed grass from clipping through the Throne Pedestal in the Castle Prop Gallery.
- Fixed the Kitchen Pans & Kitchen Knives props disappearing while in low detail mode.
- Fixed the Volcano Vent in the Air Vent Gallery facing the wrong way.
- Fixed some visual issues with the sidewalk floors from the Paradise Palms Prefabs & Galleries.
- Added “When Exploded Transmit On” setting to Explosive Devices that triggers when the object is detonated.
- Added Team Settings device channel trigger for when a team is eliminated.
- Added a 20 Seconds option to the Player Capture Time setting for the Capture Area device.
- Added new Reset Times Triggered When Receiving From setting to Trigger device, which upon receipt, resets the counter for the number of times the Trigger has been activated.
- The Timer’s display now flashes when the timer completes.
- Fixed an issue where Timers would not be synchronized between all players.
- Fixed an issue where Timer would trigger 1 second too late.
- Fixed an issue where timer would play a sound every time it spawned (rather than only on placement).
- Fixed Timer Device being able to be destroyed. It’s now indestructible.
- New Options
- Team (Any, 1-16. Default: Any). Which team can start or stop the Timer.
- Complete Once (Yes, No. default: No). Will lock the device after it’s completed once. Allows the Timer to be used as a ‘Fastest Time’ trigger. A locked timer requires to be Reset via a received message before it can be used again.
- Complete on End (Yes, No. Default:Yes). Whether or not the timer counts as Completed when it hits 00:00. Set to No to be used as a race to trigger it before it ends.
- Show Trigger (Yes / No. Default: Yes). Shows or Hides the trigger pad on the device. When No, you’ll need to remotely trigger the device rather than having players manually activate it by touching the pad.
- Alarm Audio (None / Siren. Default: Siren). Enables or disables the siren setting.
- Alarm Volume (Very Low, Low, Medium, Loud, Very Loud. Default: Very Loud).
- Score Value (-20 – 20. Default: 0). Provides score to the person who triggered / completed the timer when it completes.
- Lap Time Team (Activating Team, None, 1-16. Default: None). Defines which team to update the lap time for when this timer is completed. Lap time is a new option in the Island’s UI Settings that can be shown on the scoreboard and used as a win condition.
- Lap Time Style (Count Up, Count Down. Default: Count Down). Counting up sends the total time elapsed to the scoreboard. Counting down sends the remaining time.
- Added Receiver Support:
- Start when Receiving From. Starts the timer.
- Pause When Receiving From. Pauses the timer.
- Reset When Receiving From. Resets the timer back to its initial state (auto-starting it if the auto-start setting is on).
- Enable When Receiving From. Powers-up, allowing it to be used.
- Disable When Receiving From. Powers-down, stopping it counting-down or receiving input.
- Complete when Receiving From. Completes the Timer, stopping it, triggering the alarm and updating the lap time (if set).
- Set Lap Time when Receiving From. Sends the lap time to the scoreboard (if set) without stopping the timer.
- Added Transmitter Support:
- When Complete Transmit On. Sends a signal on a specific channel when the timer completes.
Color Changing Block
- New Options
- Enable on Minigame Start option (Yes, No. Default: Yes). Whether it can be touched to change color at the start of the minigame, or needs to be enabled before doing so.
- Adding Receiver support
- Enable on Received From. Allows this to be changed in color when touched.
- Disable on Received From: Disallows color changing on touch.
- Reset on Received From: Resets to the default color.
- Set on Received From: Sets the block to the team of the player that sent the signal, allowing for remote activation.
- Zone Visible In Game (Off/On)
- Base Visible In Game (Off/On)
- Zone Width (½, 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
- Zone Depth (½, 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
- Zone Height (½, 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
- Enabled On Game Start (Enabled/Disabled)
- Receiver Support:
- Enable When Receiving From – Allows the Zone to turn on when receiving a remote signal
- Disable When Receiving From – Allows the Zone to be turned off when receiving a remote signal
- Fixed an issue which prevented Creature Spawners from being damageable when invulnerability and environmental damage were set to off.
- Fixed an issue with Explosive Device exploding during warm up phase if a player was nearby when the match was started.
- Fixed issue where Barrier Volumes could block Spectator Drones.
- Fixed issue where Barrier visuals would sometimes still be visible even when disabled.
- Fixed Creature Spawners not spawning creatures in Playgrounds mode in some cases.
- Fixed Shooting Gallery targets not detonating proximity grenades.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases, Devices configured with receivers wouldn’t react to transmitters every other round.
- Fixed an issue where the Music Sequencer would not always stop playback when expected.
UI + SOCIAL
- Fixed a typo in Damage Self Weapon Filter Team Setting option.
- Fixed a typo in Allow Items to be Dropped setting in Game Settings tab.
- “Session has expired.” will not be shown when rejoining another players server.
- Interact prompt will be visible for the movement modulator when placed on the Block islands.
- Piano keys will be highlighted when selected with the Phone tool.
- Graphical improvement on Chest & Ammo Gallery.
- Graphical improvement of the Consumable icons.
- HUD will feature the inventory.
- Player will be able to exit the My Island menu by tapping on the screen or via the Exit button.
- Name and description on Portal and Rift won’t jitter when aiming at portal.
- Baller’s winch button will be greyed out when the grappler isn’t deployed.
SAVE THE WORLD
Hit the Road
Get ready for some high intensity road trip action as you assist Quinn and company in broadcasting her Song of the Summer. You never know what challenges and obstacles you may find along the way, and getting there is half the adventure. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road!
Introducing the Locker!
Your favorite Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens are now available in Save the World. Head over to the Locker tab to check them out!
- The first part of the Locker has arrived in Save the World. You can now use your Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens.
- The Locker is currently shared between Save the World and Battle Royale, so if you change it in either location, it will change in both.
- Only Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens are available for Save the World at the moment. We plan to support more types of cosmetics in future updates. Read more about this here.
- All types of Emotes now work in Save the World: Dances, Emoticons, Sprays, and Toys. Any emotes you own are available in all modes.
- You can slot up to 6 Emotes in the Locker for quick access on the Emote Wheel. Additional Emotes can be accessed by paging the wheel up or down.
- You can use Dances and Emoticons in the Lobby.
- Everyone who currently has access to play Save the World will keep Ride the Pony, which is now a traversal Emote. You can now use it in Battle Royale and Creative too!
- Players who purchase Save the World Founders packs will also receive Ride the Pony.
- Everyone keeps Dance Moves as well, as players in all modes start with that Emote.
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Introducing: Hit the Road!
- Grab three other players and help Quinn get to the Radio Station to spin her Song of the Summer in this road trip adventure.
- Quinn travels in a hover-truck, complete with a mobile storm defense shield.
- Along the route are four randomized objectives, each with challenging gameplay and a variety of upgrades.
- Get to the radio station, and protect Quinn from a final enemy wave. Hopefully you’ve collected enough traps, ammo, and resources to secure the victory!
- If the vehicle loses all of its health the road trip ends, but players earn rewards based on the number of objectives completed.
- You start the trip without your gear or supplies, making scavenging and harvesting a top priority.
- You keep your trap schematics, and start with a few “hand-me-down” weapons, but weapon crafting is disabled.
- Weapons with appropriate perks are scattered throughout the route, increasing your chances of survival without your weapon schematics.
- Chests in Hit the Road spawn tier-appropriate weapons, traps, and resources.
- Unlike previous events, Hit the Road uses Power Levels instead of Storm Shield Defense progress to match players to the correct difficulty, bringing more balance to the group.
- If you are knocked out you will have to wait until your team reaches or completes an objective before you will respawn. Be careful out there!
- New event quests have also been added to give players a chance to earn even more Hit the Road tickets.
- Search everything you can for cassette tapes, helping Lars craft the perfect summer mix tape, and earning some Hit the Road event tickets.
- Legendary Troll Stash Event Llama is available
- Cost: 1000 Hit the Road Tickets
- Llamas now contain Cyberpunk Heroes and Vacuum Tube Weapon Schematics
- Mutant Storm Mission Alerts grant Hit the Road Tickets and are more numerous.
- Miniboss Mission Alerts no longer grant Event Tickets and are less numerous.
- Safe Harbor quest: Reduced Evacuate the Shelter quest requirement from 2 to 1.
- Updated the mission rewards for “Eliminate and Collect” and “Resupply”.
- Eliminate and Collect now rewards Hero XP and/or Survivor XP.
- Resupply now rewards Schematic XP and a random crafting ingredient.
- Known issue: Sometimes the crafting ingredient fails to be rewarded if players do not finish enough bonus objectives.
- Some Heroes and Schematics from the Birthday Llama for Year 2 used to be locked. They have been updated to allow Recycling and Transformation. Any items that were adjusted will continue to not take up inventory space.
- Shadow Ops Heroes, Military Weapons, and Vacuum Tube Weapons have been moved to the Expansion Tab in the Collection Book. These items may now be researched/recruited.
- Exploding Deathburst has been replaced with a new modifier: Exploding Death Bomb. When Husky Husks, Sploders, and Riot Huskies are eliminated they leave behind a destructive bomb with a short fuse.
- With the changing of the season, event ticket rewards have been removed from Wargames Daily Quests and Wargames Mission Rewards.
- Mission Rewards for Wargames are reduced while Daily Wargames Quest rewards are increased:
- Stonewood Daily Wargames Quests now reward additional Gold
- Plankerton Daily Wargames Quests reward Gold and a choice of Evolution Materials
- Canny Valley Daily Wargames Quests reward Gold and RE-PERK!
- Twine Peaks Daily Wargames Quests reward Gold and a choice of Epic PERK-UP! or Legendary PERK-UP!
- The “Husk Swarm” Wargames Challenge has been removed.
- Endurance Rewards are reduced for its early waves, normalizing to their current values as you approach the final wave.
- Mission Alert Weekly Quests in high-level Twine Peaks now display the correct power requirements for completion.
- In the Hexed Wargames simulation, the statues no longer leave shadows behind when they disappear.
- Centered the Twine Peaks Storm Shield and Vinderman’s Mansion in-game maps.
- UI and Minimap icons for melee weapons have been updated. Each melee weapon type now has its own unique icon.
- Quickly opening Expedition rewards no longer causes the game to freeze.
- Main quest tile is now centered properly when there is no quest map.
- Adjusted Boom Bow alignment on the Weapon Wall in the Armory.
- Updated grammar for descriptions of Air Strike and its upgrades.
- Localization fix for Arabic for the points counter used throughout the front end.
- Player names now scroll correctly in the team member UI.
- Updated tooltips for Shock Tower and T.E.D.D.Y. to show base damage for the abilities.
- Fixed some party notifications interfering with menu navigation when using a controller.
- Resolved an issue with health/shields not updating after levelling/evolving a Hero from the Hero Loadout screen.
- Fixed controller navigation sometimes not working in the Main Menu while in the front end.
- Pick-up icons on the minimap will no longer flip 180 if the player is near and above them.
- Cloaked Star returns to the Event Store! Cloaked in mystery, this Mythic Ninja uses throwing stars to quickly take down the Husks.
- Team Perk: Round Trip
- Throwing Stars return to you, dealing their damage again on the way back.
- Requires 2 Ninjas of Legendary or higher rarity.
- Throwing Stars
- Crescent Kick
- Smoke Bomb
- Team Perk: Round Trip
- Standard Perk: Fan of Stars
- Throw all Throwing Stars together in an arc. Adds 1 additional star.
- Commander Perk: Fan of Stars+
- Throw all Throwing Stars together in an arc. Adds 3 additional stars.
- Shock Tower and T.E.D.D.Y. no longer float in the air after their supporting structure is destroyed.
- R.O.S.I.E. can no longer be placed overlapping a fragment or storm chest.
- Hang Time and Leap Attacks no longer incorrectly negate knockback effects.
- Fixed issue with Goin’ Constructor shield not always blocking area damage.
- Destroying BASE with Supercharged Traps now correctly removes the BASE bonus to those traps.
- Resolved an issue with Azalea Clark’s exploding Shock Tower not damaging Husks at high tiers.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Added Vacuum Tube weapons as possible in-world drops.
- The Tar Pit trap schematics now take up inventory space and can be recycled.
- Weapon trails for the Corsair now display properly.
- Cleaned up weapon trail timings for basic sword combo attacks.
- The Atomic Light Expander’s heavy attack now correctly grants melee elimination credit.
- Upgraded Typewriter weapon should now display on the weapon rack in the armory.
- Fixed the Astro Bat 9000 playing an endless ringing sound if the projectile exploded during creation (e.g. spawned inside a wall).
- Fixed issue with banner gadget permanently coloring structures blue.
- Prevent teleporter from being placed inside small objects.
- Prevent player from becoming trapped inside Supply Drop.
- The current weapon is now reselected properly after using an ability while jumping off the map.
ART + ANIMATION
- Lighting when going to the armory or command tab from the Locker or Store tab with shadows disabled now display correctly
- Fixed lighting when switching between locker and armory with shadows disabled.
- Resolved a bug where movement didn’t interrupt Emotes.
- All players’ matchmaking regions have been reset to Auto. You can change your preference in the Options menu.
- Moved the FPS indicator to the lower left-hand corner while in the Lobby.
- Hover tooltips will no longer prevent mouse clicks in the Settings menu.
- We discovered that the default Push to Talk (PTT) setting for new console players was “On,” which was unintentional. The default is now “Off,” and we are performing a soft reset of the Push to Talk setting for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch players. This is a one-time reset, and further changes to the setting will persist as normal.
- Players who have manually changed their PTT settings in the past have had their PTT reset to “Off,” but they are able to change it back to “On.”
- The Recent Players list has been re-enabled on all platforms. Players in your Battle Royale Squad or Save the World Team will be automatically added to this list as you play.
- This list automatically clears when you close the game.
- Fixed an issue in which a friend invite wasn’t properly being cleared.
- A new mesh streaming solution has been enabled on Xbox One, Switch, and PC. This brings improved memory usage and streaming performance.
- This will be rolled out to other platforms in upcoming releases.
- Optimized UI performance to improve in-match framerate.
- With Season X, the PC version of Fortnite requires a DirectX 11-capable graphics card to run the game, as mentioned in our blog post.
- Implemented ray-traced distance field shadows on Switch.
- This improves rendering performance and also provides increased shadow range.
- Enabled multi-threaded particle simulation on Switch.
- This improves the framerate, especially during skydiving.
- Optimized GPU occlusion queries on Xbox One.
- This provides a boost to dynamic resolution and performance.
- iPhone 8 scalability settings have been updated to be more inline with similar devices. Overall performance and stability have been improved.
- A current known issue is that players must first close the game on one platform before they’ll be able to connect to another platform using the same account. This issue will be resolved in the v10.10 update.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
Fortnite leaks confirm Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta skins for Dragon Ball Z crossover in Chapter 3
Anime fans in the Fortnite community are waiting for the Dragon Ball Z crossover, and leaks have confirmed that it will bring in Beerus.
Fortnite v21.30 update introduced a ton of new content and the files now have more Dragon Ball Z elements. From skins for Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta to a Bulma reference, here’s everything we know so far.
Fortnite players were certainly shocked when they came across leaks regarding a Dragon Ball Z crossover. Both waves of the Naruto cosmetics were a massive hit in the Item Shop and it is evident that the developers now wish to capitalize on other popular anime series.
Leaks previously revealed that four skins will arrive in the first-ever Dragon Ball Z x Fortnite crossover, and one of them is going to be Beerus.
Fortnite is working on a Beerus skin for the Dragon Ball Z crossover
As per prominent leaker HYPEX, Epic Games is working on a purple skin codenamed ‘Cat’. For anyone who’s watched Dragon Ball Z, this isn’t a tough one to crack. Beerus, the god of destruction of Universe 7, perfectly fits this description.
With this, three skins have been confirmed for the upcoming DBZ crossover:
The fourth skin will be a female character according to leaks, and it is safe to assume that it will be Bulma.
Following the v21.30 update, HYPEX discovered that one of the Fortnite x DBZ quests will have a beach umbrella setup. This could be a reference to many things like the Kame House, Bulma, or Beerus but it is too early to confirm it.
The Creative Stamina item that started all the rumors about the crossover will also be available on the map. It might be a part of some quests or the developers might just tease the crossover through it.
Last but not least, the Attack Pods from Dragonball will arrive as Gliders in Fortnite. The 21.30 patch added a glider texture with a striking resemblance to these pods and even its codename, StaminaVigor, suggests that it is related to DBZ.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z crossover to have a special event screen, quests, and rewards
It seems like the DBZ crossover will be quite similar to Naruto. Players can look forward to taking part in challenges that will grant them free DBZ-themed skins. Obviously, this will be accompanied by Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus outfits in the Item Shop.
The official website for the DBZ crossover is in the works. It should become functional by August, which is also when Epic Games will officially announce the collaboration.
As of now, this is everything we know about the upcoming DBZ x Fortnite crossover. The next update for Chapter 3 Season 3 will be out after four weeks, and until then, players can enjoy the new summer-themed content.
Fortnite update v21.30 patch notes: No Sweat Summer event, Prime Shotgun, more
Fortnite v21.30 is finally here. From the No Sweat Summer event to new POIs to weapons, here’s everything that arrived with it.
Ahead of the developers’ summer break, Fortnite has released the v21.30 update. It has arrived with the No Sweat Summer event, map changes like Daily Bloomgle, new Prime Shotgun, and more.
The hype for Fortnite v21.30 was sky-scraping because Epic Games will soon go on a break till the second week of August. This means that the battle royale title won’t experience any live changes for the upcoming weeks, and the latest update should ensure that the community doesn’t get bored.
Fortnite v21.30 brings in a No Sweat Insurance NPC, summer-themed POI, and new No Sweat Summer event quests
Fortnite players desperately wanted to celebrate the summer in battle royale modes this time. Luckily, the No Sweat Summer event is here with the v21.30 update.
No Sweat Insurance quests will replace the Vibin quests for the next four weeks as the Scientist’ research regarding the Reality Tree will be halted temporarily.
No Sweat Summer quests
The latest No Sweat Summer quests in Fortnite are:
- Land after jumping from the Battle Bus during the No Sweat Summer event
- Carry the No Sweat sign and place it at a sponsorship location
- Complete a lap around the boat race circuit after the starting countdown
- Make a Character dance to a Boogie Bom
- Emote at different promotional dance floor locations
- Ring doorbells until they break
- Catch 3 seconds of air while driving a Motorboat
- Remove No Sweat signs from recalled products
- Place the No Sweat signs in an official bin
- Pop No Sweat Summer inflatable objects
- Jump on umbrellas along the beach
- Kick a beach ball and kick a giant beach ball
- Fire off the Firework Flare Gun at Mighty Monument or Tilted Towers
- Bust through doors in different neighborhoods
- Destroy large sea buoys with Motorboat Missiles
These quests will grant 15k XP each and a new Sweaty Sailer umbrella glider will be a free reward for completing them. The quests also indicate that the Boogie Bombs will return soon. The goofy item has been a fan-favorite for ages, and it makes perfect sense for it to return during a Vibin’ themed season.
New summer-themed NPCs will now roam around the island. These include:
- Beach Bomber
- Summer Drift
- The Underwriter
- Boardwalk Ruby
The Underwriter is the newest NPC in Fortnite and represents the New Sweat Insurance building from Tilted Towers. In contrast, Unpeely, Beach Bomber, and Boardwalk Ruby are famous characters who always return during the summer.
Fortnite community to vote for Tilted Tower buildings through Rebuild the Block quests
The restoration of Tilted Towers began in Chapter 3 Season 3. Fortnite asked map builders to come up with their best building designs and nine buildings have made the cut.
In the coming weeks, players will donate bars for the construction projects in Tilted Towers. The building design with the most votes will officially become a part of the POI. This will also help players in completing the Rebuild The Block quests:
- Donate Bars voting for construction projects on The Block
- Survive Storm Phases during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Eliminate enemy players during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Complete Rebuild the Block quest stages (3/7/12).
It is clear that we’ll witness new Rebuild The Block quests every week and the developers are yet to reveal the subsequent stages.
To be fair, the XP crisis in Chapter 3 Season 3 could come to an end now as every Rebuild The Block quest will reward players with 14,000 XP.
New Prime Shotgun and consumable Ice-Cream item enter the loot pool with Fortnite v21.30
A brand-new Prime Shotgun will be available in chests, supply drops, and floor loot with v21.30. The stats of this weapon at Rare rarity are:
- Reload Time-4.5
- Clip size– 4
- Headshot damage– 138
- Fire Rate– 1.05
Leaks have revealed that the Prime Shotgun is an explosive weapon with a surprisingly long range for a shotgun. Its damage output is brilliant and the slow fire rate seems to be the only downside.
New consumable items have been added in the form of Ice Cones. These include:
- Lil Whip’s Special Serve for Health and Shield
- Guzzling Icecream Cone which slowly heals health
- Frozen Iceream Cone for Health and it makes things slippery
- Icecream Cone for Health
- Spicy Icecream Cone for Health and Shield
Interestingly, the files of the Burst SMG have been updated as well and it might return soon.
Daily Bugle changes to Daily Bloomgle in Fortnite v21.30 and other map changes
Epic Games has continued the amazing map changes in Chapter 3 Season 3 with the latest update. Daily Bugle, under the effect of the Reality Tree, is now called Daily Bloomgle. As usual, it will now switch between themes based on Neo Tilted, Coral Castle, Colossal Coliseum, and more.
The Reality Tree will continue to grow and after Daily Bugle, it’ll reach Condo Canyon.
Last but not least, a summer-themed stage will be set up on the island for No Sweat Summer. This is where players can expect to complete their event-based quests and earn a ton of XP.
Hotfix updates will be released weekly but no major Fortnite updates will arrive for almost a month now. The developers have already added weekly quests till Week 10, and the Dragon Ball Z crossover will be released after the break.
Fortnite Indiana Jones quests: How to find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines
Fortnite players can finally unlock Indiana Jones with v21.20. They must find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines and here’s a guide for it.
The Indiana Jones quests are finally here in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3. Here’s how you can find the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrines.
While players were expecting Fortnite v21.20 to revolve around No Sweat Summer, it has turned out to be all about Indiana Jones. The secret skin for this season’s Battle Pass is now unlockable through challenges and a brand new POI called Shuffled Shrines has been added to the map.
The Shuffled Shrines puzzle in Fortnite allows players to enter the secret door
First and foremost, you must visit the brand new Shuffled Shrines POI on the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 island. It is located south of Sanctuary, and has been marked in the image below:
After landing, you have to search the location for clues and find four runes on each edge of Shuffled Shrines. They will display one of these Red, Blue, and Yellow symbols:
The runes (clues) will be scattered across Shuffled Shrines and their symbol resets every game. Hence, you should not try copying the patterns that worked for others.
It is important to find the fure runes and then head to the middle of Shuffled Shrines where you will find four interactive runes in front of a door.
Solving the puzzle is basically a game of hit-and-miss. You have to rotate the runes according to the clues. To open the door, the symbols on the runes in front of the door should be identical to the ones that are scattered around Shuffled Shrines.
Apparently, the symbol of the runes on the left should match with the rune located in the southwest corner of Shuffled Shrine. Similarly, the one placed second from the left should match with the rune located on the top right corner (Northwest).
After solving the puzzle correctly, the main chamber should open. However, be careful because the path is full of traps.
Where is the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrine
It is important to note that the challenge doesn’t complete when you solve the puzzle and enter the main chamber. There’s an artifact inside that grants 250 Gold Bars, but more importantly, there’s a secret door to the right of this artifact. The entrance is hidden by green bushes.
Players can enter this area and find two chests inside which should complete the Indiana Jones challenge. This quest will not only provide XP, but will help in unlocking the character’s outfit and a selectable style.
Finding the secret door past the main chamber is clearly more complex than any of the challenges we’ve ever seen in Fortnite. The puzzles and the traps are already too harsh but before that, players must fight a ton of opponents who’ll land to complete the same quest.
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here's how you can get...
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the...
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here's all about the...