After a plethora of feedback regarding the Ice Legion spawn rate in Fortnite, Epic Games has released a hotfix to put players minds to rest.
With the release of the Ice Storm Day 4 Challenge went live, players quickly realized that the Ice Legion did not spawn nearly enough, making the Challenge rather tedious.
Epic Games addressed these concerns within less than 24 hours, releasing a hotfix to adjust the spawn rates. Check out the full post below…
We’ve just released a hotfix to make some adjustments to the spawn rate of the Ice Legion. Previous to this hotfix, spawn rates started low and gradually increased as the match progressed. We’ve now flipped these rates so that more Ice Legion spawn earlier in the game and gradually spawn less as the match progresses.
In addition to this, we’ve also heard your feedback that Golden Brutes were too difficult to find. We apologize for the oversight and have increased the spawn rate of Golden Brutes to a more forgiving level.
This will give more opportunity to progress through the Ice Storm Challenges earlier in the match while also allowing players in the late game to focus on earning that Victory Royale without having to focus as much on the Ice Legion.
Spawn Rate Adjustments
- Increased the spawn rate of all Ice Legion in the early game.
- This spawn rate gradually decreases as the game progresses.
- Increased Circle 1 Ice Legion spawns by 100%
- Increased Circle 2 Ice Legion spawns by 20%
- Reduced the spawn rate of all Ice Legion towards the end game.
- Decreased Circle 3 Ice Legion spawns by 80%
- Decreased Circle 4 Ice Legion spawns by 80%
- Decreased Circle 5 Ice Legion spawns by 80%
- Increased the spawn rate of Golden Brutes by 100%
This will compound on top of the the spawn rate changes mentioned above.
Thanks so much for your feedback, we’ll continue monitoring the effect these changes have. Drop in and let us know what you think!