The exclusive Ikonik Fortnite skin was announced on February 20 for all users who purchase the Samsung S10+ phone, however, it was briefly made available for all Samsung users on March 5.
Fortnite players were excited to see the new cinematic video posted by Samsung on March 4, which showed off the exclusive Ikonik skin and a new emote.
During the early morning of March 5, Samsung users were able to go into Fortnite’s Item Shop and redeem the Ikonik skin for free.
The skin was only available for less than an hour after Epic noticed the mistake, and was removed from the shop.
As of posting this article, Epic has not removed the Ikonik skin from player’s lockers due to the Item Shop accidental leak.
The Ikonik skin will be officially available on Thursday, March 7 once the Samsung S10+ is globally available.
For those players who are interested in redeeming the Ikonik skin from purchasing a Samsung S10+, follow the steps below:
- Open the “Galaxy Apps” store and locate Fortnite.
- Install and open Fortnite.
- Log into your Epic Games account through the Fortnite game app.
- Go to the “Store” tab, and the Ikonik skin should be available for free.
- Redeem the skin.
- Enter your billing information. Your card will not be charged.
- Reload Fortnite, and your skin should be in your locker!
Be sure to keep up with all of the latest Fortnite news here at @FortniteINTEL!