As Epic Games heads for a well earned vacation, they’ve left behind two weeks worth of LTMs, goodies, unlockables, and more. All of the upcoming content has been detailed in a new Fortnite blog post.
Fortnite events come in all sizes ranging from small two-day thrills to weeks worth of content driven parties. The 14 Days of Summer event follows the model of the latter and is set to bring many temporary changes to Fortnite.
In a new blog post, Epic goes into detail about every new LTM, 14 Days of Summer content updates, core mode changes, and more. Let’s hop right in.
14 Days of Summer Schedule & Information
While Epic tends to keep a tight lid on upcoming content and events, they’ve taken a more open approach with the entirety of 14 Days of Summer. The event’s details have been laid out in a new blog post from the developer along with info on LTMs, returning vaulted weapons, and more.
Epic starts off by introducing player’s to the new summer event and a short description of what you can expect.
It’s time to soak up some rays during Fortnite’s 14 Days of Summer. Each day, drop into Fortnite for something new.
In Battle Royale, each day will feature:
- A weapon unvaulted for 24 hours only.
- A new LTM to play (check out the full selection of LTMs that will debuting below).
- A daily challenge and free reward.
- New outfits and more in the Item Shop.
Sun’s out, fun’s out in Creative as well! Jump in daily for a new featured island.
Also in Save the World, complete a new quest every day to help Homebase host the hottest summer party around and score some summer freebies in the store. Complete quests to earn heaps of Summer Tickets; complete all 14 to unlock a new explosive weapon!
Catch you on the Battle Bus!”
As you can see, the event will be jam-packed with content. The 24 hour vaulted weapon returns looks to be an excellent way to bring back some fan favorites. It’s also a reasonable method by which to implement the more ‘OP’ items (Infinity Blade, Zapatron) back into Fortnite temporarily.
Daily challenges with additional rewards are a great way for Epic to reward player loyalty throughout the event. We’ll keep updating on daily rewards and exclusive summer cosmetics as they are released. Be sure to login daily to keep track of the 14 Days content.
The 14 Days of Summer event will run from June 24th to July 8th. Now, onto the Limited Time Modes and what they have to offer.
14 Days of Summer LTM Information
Epic’s summer extravaganza will include the largest supply of LTMs ever to hit Fortnite. Each day will bring a new gameplay experience for players, adding up to 14 LTMs by July 8th.
The blog post details the mechanics of each mode with a brief description. You can see the information on all fourteen mode below.
From Epic Games:
“14 Days of Fortnite Limited Time Modes (order below is random, not indicative of what order the LTMs will release in-game)
Heavy Metal Squads
In this mode, only the “Heavy” weapon variants can be found in loot boxes. Get your loadout and get in the fight!
- Only weapons with heavy in the name
- Faster metal farming rates
- Faster storm times
Storm Chasers: Surfin’ (squads)
Ride the waves and try to stay afloat, who will be the best?
- Everyone deploys to a vehicle at the start of the game
- Impulses will drip into your inventory during the match
- Last man standing wins
Simple summer fun, try to eliminate opponents with the new Water Balloon Item.
- Respawns on
- Will primarily be able to damage people with the new water balloon item
- First to the goal score wins
Power Up Solos
Become the most powerful player in the match. Consume as many shields as you can and fight to be the last one standing.
- Respawn on at the start, but turns off after a set time
- Max shields increase every time you consume a shield
- Shield drops in supply drops greatly increased
- Shields will fill up to full when respawning is turned off
Leave None Behind Duos
United you stand strong, but divided you fall. Leave none behind!
- Slurp effect always active while no teammates are down
- If a teammate is downed, they become immune to damage
- While a teammate is downed, all other teammates lose their slurp, and begin taking damage over time
Use With Care Duos
Resources are scarce in this mode so make sure you place builds efficiently!
- Spawn in with an initial amount of building materials
- Cannot get new resources throughout the match
- Last one standing wins
Take your time and be careful with your shots, and may whoever has the best aim win.
- Can only deal damage with headshots
- All shotguns removed
Tank Battle Squads
Simple twist on normal BR that greatly increases the health and shields players start with.
- Siphon turned on and increased to match increased health
- Ammo increased
- No healing items
Builders Paradise Squads
A paradise for builders to flex their skills and build to their heart’s content.
- Structure health GREATLY increased
- Resource gathering rates increased
- Neutral editing turned on (anyone can edit any player-built wall)
Wick’s Bounty Duos
Wick’s Bounty is back! Eliminate other players to collect other players’ coins to prove that you are the best in the business
- Spawn in with weapons and 3 lives
- Hunt down and eliminate high value targets as they appear on the map
- First to the goal score wins
Assert your dominance with a variety of different weapons. Whoever is the best, with the worst…is the best?!
- Start each game with some of the best weapons in the game
- Eliminating other players makes your weapons worse
- First to get an elimination with the final weapon wins
A new take on the classic Team Rumble. This time the stakes are higher and you have fewer friends to rely on.
- Respawning is turned on
- Green or better weapons
- First to goal score wins
Loadout Swap Squads
Show how quickly you can adapt to today’s rapidly changing world. On a set timer all players in the match will all be granted the same random loadout.
- New loadout granted on a timer
- Respawn is on
- First to goal score wins
Strategic Structures Squads
Think before you place in this twist on normal building. Which material should you use?
- Metal and stone structure healths increased
- Metal and stone resource farming increased
- Metal and stone material caps lowered
We hope you are as excited as we are to try out all these modes! As mentioned, we’ll keep providing updates on daily 14 Days of Summer content such as new outfits and other cosmetics. Be sure to follow @FortniteINTEL to get the latest updates on Fortnite news.