Epic Games has been seeking to be more open with their communication as they have gone through some bumpy months with Season 8. They’ve released a new blog post explaining some incoming changes.
Fortnite isn’t a perfect game and Epic Games knows this. In order to better convey their ideas and opinions, Epic wants to have better lines of communication with all parts of the community.
The v9.01 showed a glimpse of this new era of open communication and Epic is continuing the trend with a new update blog post. The blog includes information about current bugs, the Fortnite World Cup, performance, and more.
The post begins with an quick introduction before jumping into the details. We’ve posted the entirety of the post below:
PERFORMANCE AND COMPETITIVE COMMUNICATION UPDATE
By The Fortnite Team
This week we’re openly discussing critical bugs found over the weekend, new features, and our upcoming competitive-focused AMA.’
‘Last week, we discovered a critical issue where players could become stuck in a vehicle and unable to exit. We made the choice to remove the root of the issue by disabling all vehicles, rather than electing to play through the Finals even with the bug. We felt that it was more fair to remove all vehicles to ensure players weren’t penalized for something outside of their control during the Finals.
Due to a critical issue with players getting stuck inside vehicles, we will be disabling all vehicles in Arena and Fortnite World Cup Online Opens through this weekend. We plan on re-enabling vehicles in the Tournament and Arena playlists next week after our fix is implemented in the v9.10 update.
We also discovered several audio issues where, in certain situations, gun-fire was ducking building sounds, and player landing sound could be silenced if players landed at a certain velocity. Thanks to a bug report and replay files provided by CouRage, these audio bugs were triaged and will also be fixed in the upcoming 9.10 release alongside other audio improvements.
For insight into our current tracking of top community issues, head on over to our public Trello board here.’
DISCONNECTING DUOS UPDATE
‘In last week’s communication blog, we spoke to the disconnecting duo issue experienced by a small number of duo teams in the Fortnite World Cup Online Open. For this weekend, we’ve changed the game logic of how disconnecting duos work.
In Week 6, players who have their duo disconnect while loading into the pre-match island will be able to leave the match without penalty prior to the Battle Bus launching. Once the Bus launches, the team will have the match count to decide if the solo remaining player decides to stay.
For future duo tournament weekends, we are working to add in game messaging to make this decision crystal clear. We hope to have this implemented in a future update by the next duos weekend.’
UPCOMING BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS
‘It’s important that we do better moving forward when explaining intent for various changes within Battle Royale. Starting with the v9.01 patch notes, we are working to give extra context when we make significant game changes.
This week, we made changes to the Drum Gun, Baller, Compact SMG, and Slipstreams. Hop into the patch notes for some insight into these adjustments.’
HOLD TO SWAP
‘We initially added this feature to help improve early game looting, making it easier to get weapons & items in the slots that you wanted. We’ve fixed some bugs and iterated on this feature since its release, but recognize that some players may not want it enabled at all.
With an upcoming release, we’ll be making “Hold to Swap” a settings option, giving you the choice.’
‘This past Season 9 launch revealed several performance regressions on Console, Switch and Mobile. Since then, we’ve been conducting internal investigations in order to determine root causes and iterative changes we can make in each next release.
In the v9.01 release on Wednesday we included a few initial fixes such as improving level streaming for all platforms. Level streaming accelerates in-game level loading and results in blurry geometry being displayed less.
Through our work in progress for our next update (v9.10) and beyond, we are continuing performance efforts to improve level streaming on all platforms.’
‘In addition to our weekly communications, we will be holding an AMA in the next few weeks on the Fortnite Competitive subreddit. This AMA will be specifically focused around questions regarding competitive Fortnite. We will share the time and date as we finalize the details.’
Fortnite Galactus event: Nexus War start date and time
The exact date and time for the Nexus War finale in Fortnite has been confirmed, and there is little time to prepare for the Galactus event.
The event, which will bring Chapter 2, Season 4 to a climax, as Galactus – aka the Devourer of Worlds – is bombing towards the map to, presumably, destroy it all.
The countdown to the event appeared in-game on November 21, and Epic have now confirmed the exact date and time when the Nexus War will commence.
“It was only a matter of time.” Epic say in their blog post. “Galactus is closing in on the Island and the fate of all Reality lies in the balance. Join the ultimate fight against Galactus in the one-time-only Nexus War finale event.”
When is the Galactus event in Fortnite?
The Nexus War finale event will start on December 1 at 1PM PT / 4PM ET / 9PM GMT.
To make sure you don’t miss out, Epic has given some tips to be prepared for the event:
- DOWNLOAD THE LATEST UPDATE
If you haven’t already downloaded the 14.60 update, load the game on your preferred device and download today.
- DOWNLOAD HOUSEPARTY
Fortnite’s new integration with Houseparty means you can have live video chat in Fortnite (PC, PS4/PS5) while attending the event.
- GET IN EARLY
We’ve taken measures to ensure more people can attend the event, but we still recommend everyone log into Fortnite at least 60 minutes prior to the event start. The event playlist is expected to go live 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Of course, even if you can’t play the game yourself at the time, you’ll still be able to catch the action on Twitch and YouTube streams from content creators.
As Epic confirms, this is a one-time-only event, so there won’t be any reruns unlike previous end of season events.
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes: Venom Skin, Creative changes & more
Venom joins the fight in Fortnite Battle Royale, and there are lots of changes in Creative in the 14.60 update. There’s still no official patch notes from Epic Games, but we’ve brought together everything you need to know here.
Despite being the final update of Season 4, it looks like the bulk of the new content will be coming at the start of the new season instead.
Although there’s no complete patch notes, we can still put together all the changes here, along with the email sent out to content creators with the main features.
Venom is the highlight of this update. You can play for a chance to earn his skin the Venom cup.
The skin pack includes a Venom emote, symbiote slasher pickaxe, and tendril tote back bling. Check out the skin in-game:
XP Xtravaganza Part Two
XP Xtravaganza Part 2 starts this week: “Get the whole squad together and take on these party-wise challenges to finish out the Battle Pass in style,” Epic explain.
Houseparty x Fortnite video chat
Fortnite has teamed up with Houseparty to bring a brand new video chat feature.
Houseparty video chat will be available to Fortnite players on PC, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. Players will also need an iOS or Android mobile device with the Houseparty app installed. With the app installed, connect your Houseparty account to your Epic Games account to get started.”
Taken from an official blog post to the Fortnite website, Epic Games detailed specific changes for Creative mode.
- You can now hide the Elimination Feed and mute Elimination Audio to encourage sneaky sniping!
- Updated the Hub Island portal layout to accommodate the recent updates to hub creator guidelines.
ISLANDS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the time of day lighting appeared differently on featured islands and personal islands.
- Added a new option to My Island > Settings
- Player Elimination Audio: Off, On (Default: On) – causes eliminated players to be despawned silently.
- Added new options to My Island > UI
- Hide Elimination Feed: Yes, No (Default: No) – completely hides the elimination feed during the game.
- Hide Party Eliminations: Yes, No (Default: No) – hides the number of eliminations for each party member in the Party UI during the game.
GAMEPLAY BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where an eliminated player could spectate a player on the enemy team.
- Fixed an issue where Team Size did not limit the number of players when Join in Progress was set to ‘Spawn Next Round’.
- Fixed an issue where the sky would flicker on PS4.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the X-4 Stormwing was de-synced after player interaction.
- Fixed an issue where husks did not fall off edges to follow players.
CREATIVE TOOLS AND PHONE BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where players could not open the Creative Inventory after cutting and pasting a device.
- Fixed an issue where the Creative Inventory appeared distorted when customizing a device.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES BUG FIXES
- Fixed a collision issue with the pillar wall asset from the Princess Castle Wall galleries.
- Fixed an issue with the bush from Winter Variant Foliage Gallery A having a yellow glow.
- Fixed an issue with a bridge girder asset from the Steel Bridge galleries being difficult to place with the phone.
- Fixed an issue with some of the Steel Bridge prefabs & galleries placing outside of the preview boundary.
- Fixed an issue with the bridge street asset from the Steel Bridge set having a misaligned grid snap box.
- Fixed an issue with assets from the Swamp Cliff Gallery displaying the wrong texture.
- Added new options to the Class Selector device.
- Activation Audio: On, Off (Default: On) – allows the audio effect played when a player changes class to be muted.
- Zone Audio: On,Off (Default: On) – allows the ambient audio effect for the zone and the audio effects for players entering and leaving the zone to be muted.
- Added new options to the Mutator Zone device.
- Selected Team: None, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Team: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Team option to allow the zone to affect all teams (Selected Team = None), just the Selected Team, or every team except the Selected Team.
- Selected Class: None, Any, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Class: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Class option to allow the zone to affect all classes (Selected Class = Any), players without a class (Selected Class = None), just the Selected Class, or every class except the Selected Class.
- Update Selected Team When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Team on the device to be the same team as the player who instigated the signal.
- Update Selected Class When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Class on the device to be the same class as the player who instigated the signal.
DEVICES BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the Player Spawn Pad’s lighting being too bright on PS5 during mixed island filters.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone Class Selected option was offset by 1.
Fortnite 14.60 bug fixes
As per usual, the Fortnite team has also added a number of bugs and issues to their official Trello board. This week’s patch actually only has a few fixes included but will cover the battle royale, Creative mode, and even Save the World.
Here is the full list of bug fixes coming in v14.60:
- Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X/S.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Doctor Doom’s Mystical Bomb disabled in competitive playlists.
- Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
Save the World
- Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.
Black Widow bundle coming to Fortnite Item Shop
After initially only being available as a reward for competing in the Marvel Knockout Duo tournament, all players will soon be able to get the Black Widow Bundle in Fortnite.
The bundle include’s Black Widow’s Snow Suit outfit, which is based on her look in the upcoming Marvel feature about the superhero, releasing in May.
In addition to the skin, the bundle also includes a Back Bling with her Iconic electroshock batons, and there will also be a Black Widow glider in the shop.
The announcement from Marvel doesn’t include a price for the bundle yet.
You can expect it to be available in the Item Shop on November 14, if you didn’t manage to pick it up already in the Knockout tournament.
Also, Fortnite has teamed up with Disney+, offering 2 months free with any purchase of V-Bucks or real-money purchase.
Fortnite Galactus event: Nexus War start date and time
The exact date and time for the Nexus War finale in Fortnite has been confirmed, and there is little time...
All leaked Fortnite skins & cosmetics from v14.60
Fortnite v14.60 brought leaked skins, pickaxes, and more cosmetics to the game.
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes: Venom Skin, Creative changes & more
Venom joins the fight in Fortnite Battle Royale, and there are lots of changes in Creative in the 14.60 update....