Epic Games audio designer has taken to Reddit to provide fans with an update on what’s specific audio updates are coming to Fortnite soon!
Epic Games’ audio developer, Seth, took to Reddit to provide an update on what the Epic Games audio team is working on in Fortnite following fan feedback from Update v8.0 and more.
- Read More: Fortnite comes out with hotfix for Season 8 issues on iOS – Lava/metal, auto sprint and more
Here’s a look at the new audio improvements:
- Improvement to the standard AR sound so that it’s not overbearing on the shooter.
- Tightened up the sound, so it’s more of a BLaaam versus a BLAAAM.
- Building Piece destroy sound is louder when instigated by enemies.
- Helps mitigate scenarios where “that guy Hand Cannon’d a wall behind me and I didn’t hear it”.
- Footstep audio blends in the above/below layers, rather than abruptly switching between them.
- Prevents jarring footstep transitions between floors directly above or below. Should clear up some confusion.
- Footstep occlusion traces from the heads of enemies when they’re above or below.
- This helps mitigate scenarios where an enemy has line-of-sight on you but their footsteps still sound muffled/occluded.
- Reduce volume of the S8 palm tree umbrella.
- This only affects the umbrella open/close layers. Don’t worry, the steel drum riff volume is preserved.
On Reddit, it was stated that improvements are expected to go live in-game with v8.01 update for Fortnite.
The developer also noted that the Season 8 Umbrella not making any noises on Nintendo Switch will be fixed in the upcoming v8.01 update.