Epic has released the patch notes for Content Update v4.4 featuring Stink Bombs, the new ‘Final Fight’ LTM and more. Here’s everything you need to know about today’s release:
This new addition is nothing to sniff at, one whiff and they’ll be sprinting for fresh air.
Limited Time Mode: Final Fight: Teams of 20
Survive the countdown! The Storm Circles give players more room to hunt down opponents. The final circle triggers a countdown timer; when the time is up, the team with the most players remaining wins. In this LTM, teams can tie for the Victory Royale!
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the Storm circles closing all the way, the Storm stops after the 3rd circle.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the final countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
Weapons + Items
- Stink Bomb added.
- Creates a stinky cloud that deals 5 damage every half-second within the cloud.
- 9-second duration.
- Epic rarity.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Vending Machines.
- Loot in stacks of 3 with a maximum stack of 5.
- Increased the reload time of the Rocket Launcher based on rarity.
- Rare from 2.3 seconds to 2.8.
- Epic from 2.185 seconds to 2.66.
- Legendary from 2.07 to 2.52.
- The maximum number of unloaded Rocket Ammo that can be held has been changed to 12.
- Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
- Back Bling no longer appears detached from players at a distance.
- Fixed the two intersecting busses on the starting island.
- Fixed performance issues on Switch related to frequently called time functions during gameplay (especially when skydiving).
- Level streaming optimization to smooth out some hitches during skydiving on Switch.
- The music for the Fresh emote has been re-added.
- Fixed attenuation of Supply Drop opening sound so it doesn’t sound like it’s right next to players even if it’s opened far away.
- The Clinger explosion sound now plays properly if detonated directly next to you on iOS/Switch platforms.
- Added the “Net Debug Stats” HUD UI option for Xbox.
- Fixed a crash that could happen after buying items in the Item Shop.
- When using styleable outfits, your last saved version will always appear in the locker preview.
Fortnite Spider-Man Web-Shooters to get huge nerf in competitive
Fortnite Chapter 3 is off to a hot start thanks to Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters, but the mobility item is getting a huge nerf in competitive.
Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters have been a game-changer in Fortnite Chapter 3, but Epic Games is about to give them a massive nerf next update.
Fortnite Chapter 3 started off hot with Epic Games adding Spider-Man’s Web-shooters shortly after the start of Season 1. The gloved would give players the power to zip across the map insanely fast.
A fresh pair of Web-Shooters comes with 80 shots which is more than enough for most players. As well, if you eliminate a player with Web-Shooter, they will drop fully charged.
A traversal item this powerful is a must-have for competitive players, but it’s getting a serious nerf. Starting when Fortnite v19.20 drops, the Web-Shooters won’t be so powerful.
Web-Shooters get huge competitive nerf
According to Hypex, the Fortnite Web-Shooter nerf is planned for the v19.20 update. The update is currently planned to go live on Tuesday, February 1.
The nerf lowers the number of times a Web-Shooter can be used from 80 to 20. This is a massive nerf as players can only use Web-Shooters for 25% of the time they normally could.
However, this nerf only affects competitive players. Web-Shooters in casual lobbies will remain at 80 shots.
Epic Games states the nerf is intended to “encourage players to make more strategic decisions.” While it is still a useful mobility item, players won’t be able to zip across the map as freely as they once could.
The replies to Hypex’s tweet are a mix of those in favor and against the nerf. Some players praise the nerf as it will stop players from constantly running from fights.
Those who oppose the change claim competitive is too sweaty without Web-Shooters. Regardless, here’s where you can find web-shooters in Chapter 3.
Fortnite leak teases return of Star Wars Lightsabers
The Star Wars Lightsabers could make a return to Fortnite in the near future according to a notable data miner.
A Fortnite data miner has reported that Epic Games readded the Star Wars Lightsabers into Fortnite’s files after the v19.10 update.
Fortnite has held quite a few Star Wars crossovers, but none as ambitious as the live event in Chapter 2 Season 1. This introduced Lightsaber’s into the loot pool for a short period of time.
They were also available for an even shorter period of time from May 2nd – 5th during Chapter 2 Season 2. Since then, players have eagerly awaited their return.
Now, a Fortnite data miner thinks Lightsabers could return to Fortnite sometime soon due to a change in the game’s files.
Lightsabers may return to Fortnite
Epic Games removes weapon and item data from the files when that item isn’t in use. And when the data is readded to the files, it’s a good indicator players will see their return soon.
Fortnite data miner FN_Assist recently discovered that the data for Lightsabers was added after the most recent update. In a tweet, FN_Assist outlines all of the data that was readded.
They claim that this could mean one of two things. Either Star Wars Lightsabers will return to Fortnite in the near future. Or Epic is working on a weapon based on the lightsaber’s pre-existing mechanics.
If Lightsabers are added to Fortnite, we can expect it to accompany a return of skins and maybe some other Star Wars announcement.
Epic Games usually adds crossover content to promote whoever they are collaborating with. Whether it be a new movie or TV series, the Lightsabers could be used as a promotional tool for new Star Wars content.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Klombos and Klomberries in Chapter 3.
Fortnite: Where to find Pizza Party item and what it does
Fortnite Chapter 3 is adding a new Pizza Party item that allows players to restore their shields through the power of pizza.
If you’re wanting to switch up your diet in Fortnite, you can use the Pizza Party item to gain shield and fill your stomach.
One of Fortnite’s mascots is Tomatohead who is also the mascot for the fictional restaurant Pizza Pit. This is a POI that has appeared in Fortnite for several seasons.
It’s one of the many fictional restaurants that have appeared in-game along with Durrr Burger, Sitcks, and Butter Barn.
However, players haven’t been able to enjoy any of the food from these restaurants until now. Pizza Pit’s ovens are on and players can finally enjoy eight slices of cheesy goodness.
How to get Pizza Party item in Fortnite
The Pizza Party is a pizza box containing eight slices of pizza. In addition to cheese and sauce, each slice is topped with a Shield Mushroom that restores 50 shield.
Each box has 8 slices, but each slice can only get players up to 50 shield similar to minis. Players can find Pizza Party boxes in the normal loot pool.
As well, players can purchase a Pizza Box for 50 gold from the Tomatohead NPC. He is located in Tilted Tower, and he only has 4 Pizza Boxes in stock.
According to Hypex, the Pizza Party box will be added to Fortnite on Tuesday, January 25.
For a measly 200 gold, players can pick up 1,600 shield. However, we don’t know how long it takes to eat a slice. And this would also require players to give up two item slots.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Spider-Man’s web shooters in Chapter 3.
Best Controller settings for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
If you’re looking to take your game to the next level, then you need to make sure you have the...
The 5 most hated skins in Fortnite
The Fortnite community is no fan of these skins.
How to get Fortnite Inflate-A-Bulls and how to use them
Epic Games have added another disguise to Fortnite Season 8 following the v17.10 update, and they’re called Inflate-A-Bulls. If you...