Fortbytes are ‘files’ for which players must complete new challenges to unlock. Each file unlocks more of a larger picture which supposedly reveals something important about Season 9.
Fortbytes are essentially a new system of challenges for Fortnite. While the regular Battle Pass challenges are still in place, Fortbytes add even more activities to keep players engaged.
Each Fortbyte challenge completed will unlock a small piece of a larger picture file/loading screen. The more you uncover and unlock, the closer you get to unlocking the secrets behind the Fortbytes.
What are Fortbytes?
There are 100 Fortbyte challenges in all for Season 9. However, not all of these are able to completed from the start. Many of the Fortbytes remained off limits until Epic Games unlocks the challenges.
Many of the Fortbyte challenges are much longer than typical Battle Pass Challenges. Some ask players to earn 100,000+ XP while others task players with completing Battle Pass tiers.
You can find the Fortbyte challenges in-game as the first icon in the ‘Challenges’ tab. The Fortbytes can only be completed/found by Battle Pass owners.
As mentioned before, only some of the challenges are currently available. Here’s Epic’s official information on the Fortbytes from the v9.00 patch notes.
- Fortbytes are a series of 100 collectible computer chips available to Battle Pass owners. As you collect Fortbytes, you’ll decrypt a mysterious image. Collect them all to unlock rewards and uncover the secrets of Season 9.
- On the first day of Season 9, there are 18 Fortbytes available to find. At least 1 new Fortbyte will be unlocked each day. Check the Challenges Tab for detailed information on which Fortbytes are currently available and when the others unlock.
- Fortbytes cannot be collected after Season 9 ends.
All available Fortbytes as of July 16th
We wanted to make an ever-growing list of Fortbyte challenges that are currently available. Current update: July 16th, 2019.
Each Fortbyte is designated by its number in the Fortbyte menu.
For any location based challenges, you can click on the challenge in the list below to be taken to a guide on where to find the Fortbyte.
Fortbyte 01 – Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP
Fortbyte 02 – Found within a location hidden in Loading Screen #6
Fortbyte 04 – ???
Fortbyte 05 – ???
Fortbyte 08 – Found at Junk Junction
Fortbyte 09 – ???
Fortbyte 10 – Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP
Fortbyte 11 – Found beneath a circling jungle parrot
Fortbyte 13 – Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #2
Fortbyte 14 – Found within an RV park
Fortbyte 15 – ???
Fortbyte 16 – Found in a desert house with too many charts
Fortbyte 17 – Found inside a wooden fish building
Fortbyte 18 – Found between Dusty Divot and Mega Mall
Fortbyte 21 – ???
Fortbyte 22 – Accessible by using Rox Spray in an underpass
Fortbyte 24 – Found within Fatal Fields
Fortbyte 25 – Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 40
Fortbyte 26 – Accessible with Bunker Jonesy outfit near a snowy bunker
Fortbyte 27 – Found somewhere within map location A4
Fortbyte 29 – Found under a tree in Crackshot’s Cabin
Fortbyte 30 – Found somewhere between Haunted Hills and Pleasant Park
Fortbyte 31 – Can be found at a meteor crater overlook
Fortbyte 33 – Found in a hidden location within Loading Screen #10
Fortbyte 34 – Found between a fork and a knife
Fortbyte 35 – Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP
Fortbyte 36 – Accessible by Sentinel on a frozen island
Fortbyte 37 – ???
Fortbyte 38 – ???
Fortbyte 39 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges in Week 2
Fortbyte 41 – Accessible by using Tomatohead Emoticon inside the DurrrBurger restaurant
Fortbyte 42 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 3
Fortbyte 43 – Accessible by using the Nana Cape inside a banana stand
Fortbyte 44 – Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 20
Fortbyte 45 – ???
Fortbyte 46 – Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 100
Fortbyte 49 – Found in Trog’s Ice Cave
Fortbyte 52 – Found within a Robot factory using the Bot Spray
Fortbyte 54 – ???
Fortbyte 55 – Found in Haunted Hills
Fortbyte 56 – ???
Fortbyte 57 – Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 25 times
Fortbyte 61 – Accessible by using Sunbird Spray on Frozen Waterfall
Fortbyte 63 – Found somewhere between Lucky Landing and Fatal Fields
Fortbyte 64 – Accessible by Rox on top of Stunt Mountain
Fortbyte 65 – Found in a basement budget movie set
Fortbyte 66 – Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 75 times
Fortbyte 68 – Found within a snowy town book shop
Fortbyte 69 – Found inside a stone pig building
Fortbyte 71 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 1
Fortbyte 72 – Found within Salty Springs
Fortbyte 73 – ???
Fortbyte 75 – Found within an airport hangar
Fortbyte 77 – Found within a track side taco shop
Fortbyte 78 – Found within a ranger tower, overlooking a drained lake
Fortbyte 79 – ???
Fortbyte 80 – Found using the Bunker Basher pickaxe at the highest point of the Volcano Rim
Fortbyte 81 – Found near a mountain top cactus wedge
Fortbyte 83 – Found in a rock garden near the coast
Fortbyte 84 – Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 60
Fortbyte 85 – Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP
Fortbyte 86 – ???
Fortbyte 87 – Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 50 times
Fortbyte 88 – Found somewhere in Map location J3
Fortbyte 90 – Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 100 times
Fortbyte 91 – Found at a location hidden in loading screen 4
Fortbyte 92 – Accessible by using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall
Fortbyte 93 – ???
Fortbyte 95 – Found at a Solar Panel Array in the jungle
Fortbyte 96 – Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 80
Fortbyte 97 – Found hidden within loading screen #8
Fortbyte 98 – Found in a Viking longhouse
Fortbyte 99 – Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP
Fortnite Galactus event: Nexus War start date and time
The exact date and time for the Nexus War finale in Fortnite has been confirmed, and there is little time to prepare for the Galactus event.
The event, which will bring Chapter 2, Season 4 to a climax, as Galactus – aka the Devourer of Worlds – is bombing towards the map to, presumably, destroy it all.
The countdown to the event appeared in-game on November 21, and Epic have now confirmed the exact date and time when the Nexus War will commence.
“It was only a matter of time.” Epic say in their blog post. “Galactus is closing in on the Island and the fate of all Reality lies in the balance. Join the ultimate fight against Galactus in the one-time-only Nexus War finale event.”
When is the Galactus event in Fortnite?
The Nexus War finale event will start on December 1 at 1PM PT / 4PM ET / 9PM GMT.
To make sure you don’t miss out, Epic has given some tips to be prepared for the event:
- DOWNLOAD THE LATEST UPDATE
If you haven’t already downloaded the 14.60 update, load the game on your preferred device and download today.
- DOWNLOAD HOUSEPARTY
Fortnite’s new integration with Houseparty means you can have live video chat in Fortnite (PC, PS4/PS5) while attending the event.
- GET IN EARLY
We’ve taken measures to ensure more people can attend the event, but we still recommend everyone log into Fortnite at least 60 minutes prior to the event start. The event playlist is expected to go live 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Of course, even if you can’t play the game yourself at the time, you’ll still be able to catch the action on Twitch and YouTube streams from content creators.
As Epic confirms, this is a one-time-only event, so there won’t be any reruns unlike previous end of season events.
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes: Venom Skin, Creative changes & more
Venom joins the fight in Fortnite Battle Royale, and there are lots of changes in Creative in the 14.60 update. There’s still no official patch notes from Epic Games, but we’ve brought together everything you need to know here.
Despite being the final update of Season 4, it looks like the bulk of the new content will be coming at the start of the new season instead.
Although there’s no complete patch notes, we can still put together all the changes here, along with the email sent out to content creators with the main features.
Venom is the highlight of this update. You can play for a chance to earn his skin the Venom cup.
The skin pack includes a Venom emote, symbiote slasher pickaxe, and tendril tote back bling. Check out the skin in-game:
XP Xtravaganza Part Two
XP Xtravaganza Part 2 starts this week: “Get the whole squad together and take on these party-wise challenges to finish out the Battle Pass in style,” Epic explain.
Houseparty x Fortnite video chat
Fortnite has teamed up with Houseparty to bring a brand new video chat feature.
Houseparty video chat will be available to Fortnite players on PC, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. Players will also need an iOS or Android mobile device with the Houseparty app installed. With the app installed, connect your Houseparty account to your Epic Games account to get started.”
Taken from an official blog post to the Fortnite website, Epic Games detailed specific changes for Creative mode.
- You can now hide the Elimination Feed and mute Elimination Audio to encourage sneaky sniping!
- Updated the Hub Island portal layout to accommodate the recent updates to hub creator guidelines.
ISLANDS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the time of day lighting appeared differently on featured islands and personal islands.
- Added a new option to My Island > Settings
- Player Elimination Audio: Off, On (Default: On) – causes eliminated players to be despawned silently.
- Added new options to My Island > UI
- Hide Elimination Feed: Yes, No (Default: No) – completely hides the elimination feed during the game.
- Hide Party Eliminations: Yes, No (Default: No) – hides the number of eliminations for each party member in the Party UI during the game.
GAMEPLAY BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where an eliminated player could spectate a player on the enemy team.
- Fixed an issue where Team Size did not limit the number of players when Join in Progress was set to ‘Spawn Next Round’.
- Fixed an issue where the sky would flicker on PS4.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the X-4 Stormwing was de-synced after player interaction.
- Fixed an issue where husks did not fall off edges to follow players.
CREATIVE TOOLS AND PHONE BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where players could not open the Creative Inventory after cutting and pasting a device.
- Fixed an issue where the Creative Inventory appeared distorted when customizing a device.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES BUG FIXES
- Fixed a collision issue with the pillar wall asset from the Princess Castle Wall galleries.
- Fixed an issue with the bush from Winter Variant Foliage Gallery A having a yellow glow.
- Fixed an issue with a bridge girder asset from the Steel Bridge galleries being difficult to place with the phone.
- Fixed an issue with some of the Steel Bridge prefabs & galleries placing outside of the preview boundary.
- Fixed an issue with the bridge street asset from the Steel Bridge set having a misaligned grid snap box.
- Fixed an issue with assets from the Swamp Cliff Gallery displaying the wrong texture.
- Added new options to the Class Selector device.
- Activation Audio: On, Off (Default: On) – allows the audio effect played when a player changes class to be muted.
- Zone Audio: On,Off (Default: On) – allows the ambient audio effect for the zone and the audio effects for players entering and leaving the zone to be muted.
- Added new options to the Mutator Zone device.
- Selected Team: None, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Team: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Team option to allow the zone to affect all teams (Selected Team = None), just the Selected Team, or every team except the Selected Team.
- Selected Class: None, Any, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Class: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Class option to allow the zone to affect all classes (Selected Class = Any), players without a class (Selected Class = None), just the Selected Class, or every class except the Selected Class.
- Update Selected Team When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Team on the device to be the same team as the player who instigated the signal.
- Update Selected Class When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Class on the device to be the same class as the player who instigated the signal.
DEVICES BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the Player Spawn Pad’s lighting being too bright on PS5 during mixed island filters.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone Class Selected option was offset by 1.
Fortnite 14.60 bug fixes
As per usual, the Fortnite team has also added a number of bugs and issues to their official Trello board. This week’s patch actually only has a few fixes included but will cover the battle royale, Creative mode, and even Save the World.
Here is the full list of bug fixes coming in v14.60:
- Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X/S.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Doctor Doom’s Mystical Bomb disabled in competitive playlists.
- Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
Save the World
- Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.
Black Widow bundle coming to Fortnite Item Shop
After initially only being available as a reward for competing in the Marvel Knockout Duo tournament, all players will soon be able to get the Black Widow Bundle in Fortnite.
The bundle include’s Black Widow’s Snow Suit outfit, which is based on her look in the upcoming Marvel feature about the superhero, releasing in May.
In addition to the skin, the bundle also includes a Back Bling with her Iconic electroshock batons, and there will also be a Black Widow glider in the shop.
The announcement from Marvel doesn’t include a price for the bundle yet.
You can expect it to be available in the Item Shop on November 14, if you didn’t manage to pick it up already in the Knockout tournament.
Also, Fortnite has teamed up with Disney+, offering 2 months free with any purchase of V-Bucks or real-money purchase.
Fortnite Galactus event: Nexus War start date and time
The exact date and time for the Nexus War finale in Fortnite has been confirmed, and there is little time...
All leaked Fortnite skins & cosmetics from v14.60
Fortnite v14.60 brought leaked skins, pickaxes, and more cosmetics to the game.
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes: Venom Skin, Creative changes & more
Venom joins the fight in Fortnite Battle Royale, and there are lots of changes in Creative in the 14.60 update....