Epic has released the patch notes for v4.4.0 featuring the new Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle, placement of traps on ramps and more. Here’s everything you need to know about this week’s update:
Thermal Scope Assault Rifle (Battle Royale)
You never know who’s watching. The Thermal Scope Assault Rifle is now available in Battle Royale, and it sees more than enemies.
Traps on Ramps (Battle Royale and Save the World)
Players and Husks had better watch their steps, certain Traps can now be placed on ramps in both game modes.
- Several types of traps can now be placed on player-built stairs and sloping roofs.
- The Bouncer in Battle Royale.
- Wooden Spikes, Retractable Spikes, Flame Grill Traps, Freeze Traps, and Healing Pads in Save the World.
- Added separate sliders for ‘Mouse Sensitivity X’ and ‘Mouse Sensitivity Y’ to the options menu.
- Your current sensitivity settings will not be changed.
- Previously, vertical mouse sensitivity (Y) was always 70% of horizontal sensitivity (X).
- New players will now start with the same default sensitivity for both horizontal and vertical aim.
- Added a quick visual transition to building pieces as you move and aim in Build Mode.
- Damage numbers will now round down instead of up in Save the World, Battle Royale, and replays.
- Chat windows no longer close unexpectedly while typing on consoles.
- The search button will now work properly when sprinting up to chests and ammo crates.
- Text no longer cuts off in some languages on the confirmation message of the settings screen.
- Fixed Turbo Building not working if you quickly tried to build right after entering Build Mode.
- Renamed “Shadowplay Highlights” to “NVIDIA Highlights” in the options.
- Intelligent Delivery/Split Download (Xbox).
- This is a new method for patching Fortnite. Battle Royale will only download the files necessary to play, which allows for smaller download sizes on future updates.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout v3
In this Limited Time Mode, players will do battle using snipers & scoped assault rifles.
What’s New since v2?
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been added to floor loot & chests.
- The Crossbow has been removed.
- Ammo drop rates have returned to normal.
- Ammo boxes had extra ammo in v2.
- Epic & Legendary Sniper Rifles are no longer limited to chests & Supply Drops.
- Can now be found as floor loot as well.
- The only available weapons are Sniper Rifles and Scoped AR’s.
- Floor Loot spawns are reduced by 50%.
- Building resources received from farming reduced by 25%.
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated, players are immediately eliminated.
- Profile Stats are tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: 50v50 v3
Two teams of fifty players fight to the finish!
What’s New since v2?
- A new, larger Storm circle has been added to the beginning of the match.
- Extra supply drops fall in the new circle, giving more players a chance to find an open one.
- Supply drops now come in batches of 4-8 (up from 3-6), fall every two minutes, and only lands in the first two Storm circles.
- The damage applied over time while in the Down But Not Out state has been changed to the default of 2 damage per tick.
- Bonus resources earned from farming reduced from +75% to +25%.
- The Storm circles are now more likely to bias towards the center of the map, this helps make the bus flight path less important.
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, the enemy has a red outline.
- The map has a dotted line, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges.
- Increased chances of chests spawning from 50-70% to 75-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 75-90%.
- Farming resources increased by 25% over the default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, an extra consumable, resource, and trap.
Weapons + Items
- Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 36-37 base damage.
- Can see chest, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures, and more.
- Uses Medium ammo.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Renamed ‘Assault Rifle with Scope’ to ‘Scoped Assault Rifle’
- The maximum range of most weapons increased to 275 meters from 250 meters to match the distance that players are visible.
- The Bouncer Trap no longer floats in the air.
- Crouching while scoped in Loot Lake will no longer cause your view to be underwater.
- You can now throw Remote Explosive while sprinting.
- A new soccer stadium has been added to the northern area of the map.
- Added new light color options to Carbide and Omega.
- Pickaxes are no longer missing from the quick bar for players who join the match late.
- Currently equipped traps no longer change to a different trap unexpectedly when trying to place one into an empty space.
- Lightly pulling backward on the gamepad movement thumbstick while in the Shopping Cart will no longer make you move forward.
- Players will no longer get stuck shooting their weapon when switching seats and firing simultaneously in the Shopping Cart.
- Passengers ejecting from the Shopping Cart at high speeds will no longer get a large impulse.
- Players will no longer crash when viewing friends leaderboard.
- Improved interaction of players and Shopping Carts with soccer and basketballs.
- Improved network simulation of soccer and basketballs when kicked by other players.
- The Shopping Cart will no longer destroy unbreakable objects.
- Fixed an issue causing Shopping Carts from flipping over when hitting a Supply Drop.
- Shopping Carts will no longer float in the air after the platform they were on is destroyed.
- Client and server optimizations for Shopping Carts.
- Fixed a hitch on mobile when landing.
- Rendering CPU optimizations for all platforms.
- Fixed an issue where antivirus software was causing hitches on PC.
- The following adjustments have been made to footstep audio.
- Increased the volume of enemy footsteps by 25%.
- Changed volume falloff of footsteps from Logarithmic to Linear.
- Increased range of footsteps by one building tile.
- Added more detail to the Battle Bus audio.
- Lowered the volume of Hop Rocks activation, deactivation, and in-use sounds.
- Made the teleport rez-in sound when returning to the lobby more subtle.
- Improved soccer and basketball audio by adding rolling and bouncing sounds.
- Fixed cases where certain sounds wouldn’t play in highly populated areas like Tilted Towers or the pre-game island.
- Added in a new style for the options screen.
- HP bars no longer only show 1 HP if you switch between teammates while spectating.
- Interact prompts no longer display on chests for Shopping Cart passengers.
Art + Animation
- Updated the Battle Bus visuals and animations.
- Battle Bus now has animating parts and flashing party lights when flying.
- All battle bus models in the world have higher resolution.
- Animations will now play properly when exiting the Shopping Cart while simultaneously switching seats.
- Opening effects will now properly play after searching Supply Drops.
- “Wavey” effects now properly appear on Willow trees.
- Fixed an issue where sprays where not displaying correctly on some objects.
- Fixed an issue where markers on the replay timeline would not be cleared when changing player.
- Shopping Carts replicate more accurately while scrubbing through replays.
- Crash fixes and stability improvements.
- Players will no longer experience a short hitch when landing from the Battle Bus.